• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

*raises hand*

After you sent me that goofy one i tried a few other wts out and colors etc. The domey max wts are nice but sometimes that mold is just straight weird. There is no other way to put it. OS at slow speed but turns over when mashed then fades back super late?!?

After you sent me that goofy one i tried a few other wts out and colors etc. The domey max wts are nice but sometimes that mold is just straight weird. There is no other way to put it. OS at slow speed but turns over when mashed then fades back super late?!?

domey mid :eek: :sick:

Tell me more.
I dont know exactly how They do it but the under side of the nose tip has som material removed from it,They compare the wing to a template that has the original mold specs.

If The wing sits lower than that They take some material off to compensate. . All the older mold have alot of this EG. King or world.
There are some latitude molds that also has this deburring on them.

sure feels like it. it is modeled after the envy. a rounded profile but no actual, physical bead.
so yes it is this case the bead is part of the mold, rather than an after thought, so to speak.

Mike- your form sucks.. if you need help look me up..

Sorry, that was out of line. Edit time expired on that one. What I meant to say is your muscling the disc over with your arm rather than using your body as a whole.

Not an MVP thrower really. But I stock envies. Stock as have but often not in the bag.

After becoming more aquainted with matrix. I just love the feel of this disc! I'm realizing that despite not having any real pro sponsers (or those who are in the top tier) that MVP is worthy of my money.

So my new goal of the year is to put together and all MVP bag. It will be simple and small. Like no more than four molds.

Sorry, that was out of line. Edit time expired on that one. What I meant to say is your muscling the disc over with your arm rather than using your body as a whole.

Okay, I'm sorry but this is hilarious and ridiculous. Mike has amazing form and he throws well over 500 feet. Dude can push putters close to 400. How far do YOU throw Dr. Smooth? I daresay Mike's videos of him throwing MVP discs amazingly well are one of the reasons that a bunch of people on this forum first even tried the brand; I know that was what got me to first try MVP back in the day. Just because the dude is ripped doesn't mean he is "muscling the disc over." Mike throws annies when he wants to show the disc on an anny line and hyzers when he wants to show the disc on a hyzer line plain and simple.

Okay, I'm sorry but this is hilarious and ridiculous. Mike has amazing form and he throws well over 500 feet. Dude can push putters close to 400. How far do YOU throw Dr. Smooth? I daresay Mike's videos of him throwing MVP discs amazingly well are one of the reasons that a bunch of people on this forum first even tried the brand; I know that was what got me to first try MVP back in the day. Just because the dude is ripped doesn't mean he is "muscling the disc over." Mike throws annies when he wants to show the disc on an anny line and hyzers when he wants to show the disc on a hyzer line plain and simple.

this is true...

Not an MVP thrower really. But I stock envies. Stock as have but often not in the bag.

After becoming more aquainted with matrix. I just love the feel of this disc! I'm realizing that despite not having any real pro sponsers (or those who are in the top tier) that MVP is worthy of my money.

So my new goal of the year is to put together and all MVP bag. It will be simple and small. Like no more than four molds.
This is always how it starts. Putting together a 'small mvp bag' Best wishes on keeping it to only 4 molds. I've been trying for over two years to get it down to 10. So many great molds to choose from, you may not ever come back from wherever it was you left to experiment.

This is always how it starts. Putting together a 'small mvp bag' Best wishes on keeping it to only 4 molds. I've been trying for over two years to get it down to 10. So many great molds to choose from, you may not ever come back from wherever it was you left to experiment.

Yep...

I had my best game ever yesterday with 4 molds. Ran Envy, Proxy, Relay, Crave. That's all you really need.

I'm fairly confident I could roll with proxy/envy, crave, resistor, defy and not miss anything but my P1x's (love me some DX putters). However, it sure is nice throwing 15 different discs and watching all the flights and going "dang, that is one heck of a disc" on every throw

Get a Theory. If you're half as smooth as your moniker implies and you really like how the Matrix feels, you'll probably fall in love with a Theory.

I don't even think you need the Envy with the Proxy in there.

I mostly agree. I carry my soft N Envy for spike hyzer approaches mostly. It sticks the landing and holds the line better than my hard Proton Proxy. Also, Texas can be brutal with wind. Envy is a life saver then.

I have a matrix on the way. Steve at mvp was nice enough to send me one. It could possibly arrive tomorrow. Maybe. Probably not. God I'm excited.

Latest posts