• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Max speed hyzer flip driver

Dan Ensor

Sophomore
I'm looking for a driver that's going to flip from a hyzer. I have a lot of them that flip from flat to rollers, but when I put hyzer on them, they don't want to flip up past flat. Beat up Nukes are the worst at this (why I love them), but I have the same problem with Nuke SSs, D4s, Rogues, even Avenger SSs (to a lesser extent; they are my flip driver atm).

I've found slower discs that act like I want, so to give an example there, Buzzzes won't flip to anny from hyzer, but put them flat/anny they flip a decent bit (enough that if they'd flipped that much from hyzer, they would be over to anny). Same with beat Nebs. My Squall and Stratus, though, will flip the same amount whether thrown hyzer, flat, or anhyzer. I can throw a hyzer and expect to see some anhyzer movement.

I hope I've explained myself well, let me know if I haven't.

I would recommend a lighter weight Icon cannon. White if you can find that color. Those things boooomb. And once beat in a little bit, should fly how you describe wanting it to.

Bought a new 175g DX Beast. Instant hyzer flip disc. Crazy, crazy distance. It'll flip up, turn right for a bit then fade back. Hit a 420' drive with it yesterday.

I have a beat to **** champ boss that I can rely on to flip to flat, turn for a little and then fade back. I can also throw with a little anhyzer to get a bunch more turn and still fight back.

I would recommend a lighter weight Icon cannon. White if you can find that color. Those things boooomb. And once beat in a little bit, should fly how you describe wanting it to.
Yup. I found some special edition that was pretty beat. Flips up without rolling.

What about the UB Procul?
2.3cm wing
The plh looks really low so should be a flipper

Also perhaps a Bolt

Beast is a little slow.

PMantle: are you saying that it doesn't roll over to anny from a hyzer flip?
All my cannons are very stable. It's annoying.

~170 P-line DD2 Frenzy or Vibram Lace. Ive thrown most high speed drivers and find these the longest and most consistent at 380-400'. The Frenzy is a tick faster and a bit more fade but a fraction longer. Lace is super easy to throw.

I have a beat to **** champ boss that I can rely on to flip to flat, turn for a little and then fade back. I can also throw with a little anhyzer to get a bunch more turn and still fight back.

Yeah ... but I'd have to throw a boss enough to beat it in.

Have you thrown a champ katana before? They tend to be a little more HSS than the star and flips really well out of the box.

Westside Kings definately flip up out of a hyzer. I have to throw mine with quite a bit of hyzer though. Maybe 20 degrees or so. Swords also flip up, but only at high speeds and only a little.

My Cannons are pretty stable too BTW. I have to hyzer flip them a little, but only a few degrees of hyzer. Any more and they don't flip.

Have you thrown a champ katana before? They tend to be a little more HSS than the star and flips really well out of the box.

Yeah, they were more stable than I'm looking for (almost identical to a Nuke); also ... I don't like to admit it, but I'm a little bit of an Innova hater; especially when it comes to their max distance stuff.

Tern is another one that I have problems getting it to flip past flat. They've just flipped up and glided out straight. I'd rather not have to beat anything in to get the flight I'm looking for.

I've been wanting to try some Latitude stuff (like the bolt) but they all seem to be more neutral than really understable (just looking at flight ratings).

Westside Kings definately flip up out of a hyzer. I have to throw mine with quite a bit of hyzer though. Maybe 20 degrees or so. Swords also flip up, but only at high speeds and only a little.

My Cannons are pretty stable too BTW. I have to hyzer flip them a little, but only a few degrees of hyzer. Any more and they don't flip.

King is exactly what I'm talking about ... -1,+4 seems to suggest something stable, but it might be the next one I try.

I've got a 169g GL Havoc that is now acting this way after 3 mos of beating in.