• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maximum Distance Specific Discs Thread....

I could make a video for you if you'd like. I did this with my new champ Leo a few times today.

Must of forgotten to fill that out...

Downhill doesn't count. No hyzer on that puppy either.

I'm talking flat ground with no wind.

Thrown 400' completely flat on release it will turn over. If I can't use some hyzer on the release then I won't bother with a video :)

I'm talking flat ground with no wind.

Thrown 400' completely flat on release it will turn over. If I can't use some hyzer on the release then I won't bother with a video :)

Yeah I don't doubt it will go 400', but not with a flat release which is what the OP is asking.

I want to know how far I should feasibly throw these discs if I throw them properly. By properly I mean flat, clean, and with no OAT, no hyzer flip, no flexno elevation change,....I want to know how far these discs should fly basically when thrown on a relatively line drive (<20 ft off the ground) I want to know this because it seems this knowledge would help me to know if it is really time to move up(I won't specify weights but assume in the 165-172 range)Tell me the MAXIMUM DISTANCE before performance sputters out...I am assuming some discs will turn into oblivion and others will just wormburn and others will just fall to the earth...if your able please describe how these will max out(turn, wormburn, fall to earth and slide):

Rhyno 200'

ROC 270'

Coyote 250'

Leopard

TL 330'

Tee Bird 340'

Sidewinder

SL

Firebird

Valkyrie

Roadrunner

Destroyer 400'

Wraith 370'

Beast

Dragon

Archangel

Max

Strange post
I know and Im sure Im gonna get people who dont understand my question I know somewhere online there was a chart that told you how far these discs would max out at performance wise before it was time to move up....thanks in advance
The ones i noted are the ones i throw and know will either crash from lack of glide or turn over from lack of stability if thrown to hard and flat. This is about how far i throw them flat. Add hyzer flips to the equation and add about 15 to % more distance to them.

the OP was asking for maximums on clean flat lines....so we can gauge the true max of each disc performance wise...don't want hyzer flips or flexes etc.
The problem with that is that it isn't a very good way to gauge the useful limits of any given disc. All you'll get is the speed at which they turn. For example, a beat DX Teebird thrown flat might turn at 280' of power but if thrown from a hyzer will be able to be controlled out to 450'. A beat DX Cheetah might also turn at 280' but will start to get squirrley when thrown from a hyzer at 330' or so. Using the metric you suggested, they'd both have similar "performance" even though the Teebird can be thrown much farther with better predictibility.

The problem with that is that it isn't a very good way to gauge the useful limits of any given disc. All you'll get is the speed at which they turn. For example, a beat DX Teebird thrown flat might turn at 280' of power but if thrown from a hyzer will be able to be controlled out to 450'. A beat DX Cheetah might also turn at 280' but will start to get squirrley when thrown from a hyzer at 330' or so. Using the metric you suggested, they'd both have similar "performance" even though the Teebird can be thrown much farther with better predictibility.

I know that of course but this is more about knowing the specific range of each disc thrown when thrown flat and clean. Why would I be curious. Because it seems to be the best way to determine my arm speed I also find this info interesting and gives me goals to shoot for. I don't think I'm the only one who has wondered this. The relatively slow understable Valkyrie set the distance record 821 ft I'm sure it was a hyzer flip double s turn with wind. I don't care I wanna know where it maxes out flat I will hyzer flip and flex but this is more a matter of knowing what a disc is capable of and what I should be striving for. I'd rather not buy a speed 13 when I'm not maxing out speed 9-12 discs

I know that of course but this is more about knowing the specific range of each disc thrown when thrown flat and clean. Why would I be curious. Because it seems to be the best way to determine my arm speed I also find this info interesting and gives me goals to shoot for. I don't think I'm the only one who has wondered this. The relatively slow understable Valkyrie set the distance record 821 ft I'm sure it was a hyzer flip double s turn with wind. I don't care I wanna know where it maxes out flat I will hyzer flip and flex but this is more a matter of knowing what a disc is capable of and what I should be striving for. I'd rather not buy a speed 13 when I'm not maxing out speed 9-12 discs
OK, but that's not the same as:

optidiscic said:
the true max of each disc performance wise

It's only at what speed the discs will start turn given a certain nose angle. You keep calling it performance, but it's not.

I'd also recommend against using a flat shot to guage how fast you're throwing. For some discs the difference between 1 degree of hyzer and one degree of anhyzer can make a big difference in flight whereas the difference between 14 degrees of hyzer and 16 degrees of hyzer will make a relatively small difference. If you really want to guage how fast your throwing, take predictable discs, throw them and see how far they go on what lines. Just seeing how far you can throw the Rhyno, Roc, TL, Teebird and Valkyrie will tell you a lot more than whether or not your Destroyer turns on what you think is a flat shot but in reality could be a slight hyzer or slight anhyzer.

Canton, Ohio. Should of specified :)

The Canton one is a hole that's about 360 feet. The first 100 feet is a pond, then there are some large trees, two smaller pine trees and then a slight hill the basket sits on. If you look at the picture on this site, you can see the route I'm talking about. I throw my Leopard flat with good snap in between the pine trees, and let it dip right a bit and head straight towards the pin.

a1792abb.jpg

I was just there last weekend! lol

I know I should clear that no problem, but for some reason, I have had worm burners show up out of nowhere when driving this whole. :doh: So, I wuss out now and throw a forehand across near the right side so the fade works with me and pretty much lay up to drive for the hole the 2nd shot.

Does it really help to ask people here that question because we aren't all going to get the same results. We throw different, use different weights, plastics, etc. And you are wanting a specific distance for the specific discs in your bag? Why not take your discs out to a field and throw your discs, with your arm, with all your criteria and figure this out?

I didn't mean to waste anybodys time you make great points I agree with everything you said. I guess I just was curious if anyone had the info because I saw it once and it's referenced often I basically know what I throw when I try to throw flat I was just wondering if I was anywhere close to maxing anything out

I didn't mean to waste anybodys time you make great points I agree with everything you said. I guess I just was curious if anyone had the info because I saw it once and it's referenced often I basically know what I throw when I try to throw flat I was just wondering if I was anywhere close to maxing anything out

Hope you didn't think I was being rude...I honestly wasn't! I think we should feel safe to ask any question we really want the answer to. I probably could have answered that better.

my katana sails deep but my star wraith just holds a straight line for a clean finishing deeep shot

Latest posts