• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mcbeth star destroyers

I own a Val Tour series TL. It's the most OS TL I've ever thrown. It's very much a Teebird to me. Innova even says on the factory store page that these are more stable than a regular TL. So yeah basically Val throws Teebirds whether it's her tour series TL or just a regular Teebird, it's still a Teebird.

Ya anything below max weights from the 50 I saw were not the new run, but most max weights were and the new run are sweet destroyers.

Yup. My max weight is a good one. Not the super OS shape. Thats why I'm tempted to throw it, but at the same time I already have 4 destroyers bagged right now, and I really can't justify putting another one in there.

Got to throw new standard McBeth star Destroyers this past weekend. I baught a 165 & 168for me. They both fly like new A.J. Destroyers with no suprises.

I got a 159 for my wife and took that for a test as well. A little light for my backhand taste but was also stable at such a light weight for me.

I did also forehand the 159 and prefer lighter discs when I forehand. I found it stable enough to handle my forehand power and have a nice fade at the finish.

Bottom line, no suprises with 3 different weights. Seems like a nice batch. I bought them all at the same time

Didn't she switch to regular tbirds in her last ITB though? (Not that she has to throw her sig disc;)

She just didn't want to loose her go to TL in Aussie. She said it blended into the grass too well so she switched it out for that event, which was where her ITB was filmed.

Got to throw new standard McBeth star Destroyers this past weekend. I baught a 165 & 168for me. They both fly like new A.J. Destroyers with no suprises.

I got a 159 for my wife and took that for a test as well. A little light for my backhand taste but was also stable at such a light weight for me.

I did also forehand the 159 and prefer lighter discs when I forehand. I found it stable enough to handle my forehand power and have a nice fade at the finish.

Bottom line, no suprises with 3 different weights. Seems like a nice batch. I bought them all at the same time

All the lighter weights are from The same run as the AJ destroyers that's why they flew the same the max weights are definitely a new run, even 173s were the older AJ plastic and run only new ones I saw were 175. I have a couple but I'm not throwing them. I'm hoping someone will give a review of the max weights they look great.

. I'm hoping someone will give a review of the max weights they look great.

They are really beefy and awesome! Just one little TICK less overstable then a good mega beef pop top destroyer. The plastic is fantastic too. I've only thrown mine about a half dozen times each but they are awesome. Flat to glide and hard fade, flex lines, huge hyzers, they do all that quite well. I want to hit all the trees in the world with one to see if it can break in to be an epic boomer.

They are really beefy and awesome! Just one little TICK less overstable then a good mega beef pop top destroyer. The plastic is fantastic too. I've only thrown mine about a half dozen times each but they are awesome. Flat to glide and hard fade, flex lines, huge hyzers, they do all that quite well. I want to hit all the trees in the world with one to see if it can break in to be an epic boomer.

Exactly what I was expecting they feel beefy in the hand! And yes the plastic is awesome if other molds start showing up in this plastic like what's happening with champ to jolly launcher I will be buying ALOT OF STAR PLASTIC this year!

Exactly what I was expecting they feel beefy in the hand! And yes the plastic is awesome if other molds start showing up in this plastic like what's happening with champ to jolly launcher I will be buying ALOT OF STAR PLASTIC this year!

Snagged 2 @ 159 that were flat, had awesomely high PLHs, and were fantastically OS. I've already ordered 4 more. Huzzah!

So did we decide what ones to stock up on?

If you want the new run, buy the max weight ones. If you want restamped older AJ stock, buy anything between 165 and 173. I'm not sure what run the sub-160's ones I have are (maybe Asia Open?), but they are high PLH, beefy, and pretty fantastic as well.

The grand slams I got are max weight, and nice smooth dome. The stock stamps are domey with the strange shoulder. They appear to be different runs.

There are no "McBeth" destroyers. They are all just a mix mash of leftover runs that Innova stamped as fast as they could. Closest thing to an actual run of "McBeth" destroyers that are consistent are the Grandslams.

Yeah when I replied about the max weights on the previous page, I thought I was in the grand slam thread. You are right, the regular stamps are all over the place.

I got 8 grand slam destroyers now.
2 of them are soft-AJ siblings (yellow 171, low plh, domey)
6 are stiffer (different colours, 171-175, significantly higher plh, some swirl)
Two more to come, hoping to dodge them softies...
6-8 out of ten is a good ratio anyway, considering I blind-ordered them online.

One thing I know about most (maybe all I will have to check) of my destroyers and this goes for AJ-2 Liners, AJ-3 Liners and McBeth 4x is where the patent numbers used to be you can see where it was scratched off on the mold if you angle the disc right. It looks like 5 or 6 small squares with fine lines on them. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but I figured I'd add to the convo.

Also, I recently got a AJ 3-Line that is marked *S/DS I wasn't aware that there were any of them that were S/DS

Bringing this thread back - I got a new very domey (pop top) McBeth from Academy Sports recently and it is insanely overstable. Like, meathook to the point that it's almost too much. Not at all like a brand new Avery. I'm sure it'll be a great disc for those low skip shots and will likely break in to behave like the old Destroyers, but it's a definite departure from the classic flight path.

Anyone had similar results?

Bringing this thread back - I got a new very domey (pop top) McBeth from Academy Sports recently and it is insanely overstable. Like, meathook to the point that it's almost too much. Not at all like a brand new Avery. I'm sure it'll be a great disc for those low skip shots and will likely break in to behave like the old Destroyers, but it's a definite departure from the classic flight path.

The last destroyer I bought was a Halloween Jack o lantern and it is super flat top. Pretty much as over stable a disc as I have ever thrown.

Meh. The "classic" flight path has always been all over the place. There were super meat hook Averies too. I don't buy the theory that they've changed the mold for the McBeths. I think we're just seeing the usual inconsistency. Also, the only Destroyers out there that can be confirmed to be an actual new run are the max weight grand slams and I don't think those are super meat hooks, just regular ole OS Destroyers.