• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] MD4

Some background I have been on the search for my perfect stable mid for a long time.
When thrown flat and with power

I have tried the Truth which had a little too much HS turn for me.

Then the Emac Truth was a touch more stable than the Truth but still was not able to hold up to power.

Then I tried the Verdict which was close to perfect in that with power it flew straight as an arrow with good fade at the end the only caveat is that it had no glide and did not go as far as I was able to get other mids out there.

Then the Kaxe which was very much like the verdict maybe a touch longer.

Finally someone placed an MD3 in my hands and I gave it a good pull and it felt right, flew with a touch of turn and very little fade. I have auditioned the pline, the cline, and worlds wolverine glow which is pretty much the order of stability. P line hyzerflip to straight right out of the box, Cline thrown flat with power had some hs turn and a nice fade, the world wolverine glow is straight with the same amount of fade as the cline. The other factor for me is that the MD3's are longer than any of the mids I listed above, the only other mid I have tried which comes close in distance is a Warship which is a different beast altogether.

I have had some time with the MD4 and find it to be near perfect for me so far thrown flat with full power there is no hs turn, and a more pronounced fade than any of my MD3's. It also keeps the glide of the MD3 and the distance.
If you are looking for Discmania's new gator move on this is not it. If you are looking for a mid which can handle power, has a good forward fade, and goes the distance I would recommend this to you.

Discmania has the MD3 at 5/5/0/2
for me at altitude and full power (I max out at 400-425 on good drives)
pline MD3 5/5/-1/2
cline MD3 5/5/-.5/2
glow MD3 5/5/0/2
cline MD4 5/5/0/3

I love the MD4 I can crank on it and it will shoot out like a lazer and fade predictably.

Some background I have been on the search for my perfect stable mid for a long time.
When thrown flat and with power

I have tried the Truth which had a little too much HS turn for me.

Then the Emac Truth was a touch more stable than the Truth but still was not able to hold up to power.

Then I tried the Verdict which was close to perfect in that with power it flew straight as an arrow with good fade at the end the only caveat is that it had no glide and did not go as far as I was able to get other mids out there.

Then the Kaxe which was very much like the verdict maybe a touch longer.

Finally someone placed an MD3 in my hands and I gave it a good pull and it felt right, flew with a touch of turn and very little fade. I have auditioned the pline, the cline, and worlds wolverine glow which is pretty much the order of stability. P line hyzerflip to straight right out of the box, Cline thrown flat with power had some hs turn and a nice fade, the world wolverine glow is straight with the same amount of fade as the cline. The other factor for me is that the MD3's are longer than any of the mids I listed above, the only other mid I have tried which comes close in distance is a Warship which is a different beast altogether.

I have had some time with the MD4 and find it to be near perfect for me so far thrown flat with full power there is no hs turn, and a more pronounced fade than any of my MD3's. It also keeps the glide of the MD3 and the distance.
If you are looking for Discmania's new gator move on this is not it. If you are looking for a mid which can handle power, has a good forward fade, and goes the distance I would recommend this to you.

Well said :thmbup:

In the European Open videos from the last couple days, you'll see Simon throw the MD4 a lot. It'd red with a white stamp. He must really like it, as it looks like it's become one of his go-to mid ranges. He threw it more than any of his MD3's for sure.

Not surprised given how hard he throws. Makes sense that he's prefer the more stable MD4 over the MD3, even though it's not a ton more stable.

Oh yeah, and he bombs it almost 450ft on hole 17 lol (slight downhill, but still).

In the European Open videos from the last couple days, you'll see Simon throw the MD4 a lot. It'd red with a white stamp. He must really like it, as it looks like it's become one of his go-to mid ranges. He threw it more than any of his MD3's for sure.

Not surprised given how hard he throws. Makes sense that he's prefer the more stable MD4 over the MD3, even though it's not a ton more stable.

Oh yeah, and he bombs it almost 450ft on hole 17 lol (slight downhill, but still).

^^^ true. I saw him throwing that MD4 also. Looked like he was having early accuracy problems with it, but then started dialing it in...

I see that there is a September 1st release date. Finally going to try these now that they are going to be stock

Production runs for discmania are still like finding first run destroyers.

This has the same numbers as the gila. Anyone thrown both?

Just got these in today from Infinite. Took one (blue production run 180g) with me to league today. Definetly more overstable than my most OS MD3 but less stable and then my Mortar. Disc has good distance and handles a forehand really well. This is staying in my bag for now. We had a consistent (10-12 mph) wind tonight and it handled it really well.

All the production run stuff I'm seeing online really stresses the flat aspect of these. The fundraisers I had were flat, are the stock ones beefier than the fundraisers? With all the stress on flatness I didn't know if these went through the Innova flat top process or if they mold up inherently flat?

Anyone else throwing the Lizotte Cresent Falcons? Pretty much takes the Eagle Glow MD3s and tosses them to the curb. Perfect, gorgeous stability. Still very similar to MD3s, but flat, and doesn't end up flipping flat when really ripped on. I'm loving the Lizotte MD4

Anyone else throwing the Lizotte Cresent Falcons? Pretty much takes the Eagle Glow MD3s and tosses them to the curb. Perfect, gorgeous stability. Still very similar to MD3s, but flat, and doesn't end up flipping flat when really ripped on. I'm loving the Lizotte MD4

I have had some time with my EO MD4 and my new Glow Lizotte Cresent Falcon MD4 and I have to say they are both awesome. It seems to be trendy to trash talk the EO MD4's as being significantly less stable than the other MD4's I call BS. I worked hard at trying to get there to huge differences, but there just wasn't, if you define 10ft left or right of one another on most throws 250-325' as a huge deal then yes there is a huge difference.

The little subtle differences I found where that the Lizotte Cresent Falcon MD4 had a touch less glide than the EO, and had a different feel to the plastic with the glow being a touch more tacky.

Which one has made the bag?…I'm not sure yet as there is a quality to the EO that I like in that it feels smoother out of the hand in a subjective non quantifiable measure. This could also be a familiarity bias as I'm used to my EO MD4 and have not had as much time with the Glow Lizotte Cresent MD4.

I think that my glow MD3 may be different than yours, mine is a 2013 EO open wolverine that has worn to the point of being a full power laser beam, definitely nothing like either MD4's for me.

I think that my glow MD3 may be different than yours, mine is a 2013 EO open wolverine that has worn to the point of being a full power laser beam, definitely nothing like either MD4's for me.

I should have specified. Very similar feel to MD3s. The MD3 was always a straight to moderate fade. They can easily be hyzerflipped, and will definitely flip up when you don't want them to on a hyzer that you want to hold.

The Cresent Falcon does not have this problem at all. Similar feel[/] to the MD3s that I love so much, but have the stronger stability to shape more shots that I'm looking for. They hold that low to the ground, high-power shot down a tunnel without turning (unlike S-MD3s) and will drive forward hard with a penetrating fade. Moreover, they can hold the sky spike hyzer where an MD3 will flip flat and not spike back in.

I'm a fan.

Sounds like a verdict- one of my faves, and pretty much what I was hoping the md3 would be.

Wonder if they'll run it in p-line. If it held hss and the lss mellowed out, it would be my personal perfect mid. I had high hopes for the prime verdict, but all reports are that it develops turn.

A premium md4, p-line md4 that held hss and mellowed out, and a p-line md3 would cover every backhand shot for me between putters and a seasoned pd. Maybe even well enough to pull the pd and just have a wraith for max d.

Last edited:
Anyone have this disc stick around in their bag?

I currently throw Emac Truths, but am becoming increasingly annoyed at how quickly they lose their stability. I picked up a Moonshine Emac at the beginning of glow season and it seems to lose half a tick of stability every time I throw the thing. At this point, it's probably less stable than a normal Truth. I do have some Verdicts, which I like, but their level of glide compared to the Truth is not as desirable.

Thinking the MD4 might start off like a Verdict with more glide (good) and beat into a fresh Emac (better). How are these flying for people? FWIW, I throw around 400-430' on my best throws.

Yeah man. I just always debate between a color glow md3 (such tasty plastic) or a fr md4. Its almost the same. Just a hair faster and a notch more OS but mostly not so much as to merit bagging both. Love to blast a big anhyzer with em. I am not a big arm by any means but for some reason that forced anny with a lot of angle that pans out seems to really click for me.

Yeah man. I just always debate between a color glow md3 (such tasty plastic) or a fr md4. Its almost the same. Just a hair faster and a notch more OS but mostly not so much as to merit bagging both. Love to blast a big anhyzer with em. I am not a big arm by any means but for some reason that forced anny with a lot of angle that pans out seems to really click for me.

I'm in the same boat. The Color Glow MD3s are $$$. I like the MD4, but it's soooo close in flight, I don't really see much sense in the overlap. If I need something more overstable, I'm usually better off powering down a fairway... Mids will hit and stick without skipping better than powering down a fairway, but it's so seldom that I need more lateral movement than the Color Glow MD3s give me. They really are what I'd been wanting from my S-Line MD3s for so long.

Latest posts