• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] MD4

Some of you need to work on your form :). The P-Lines are stable not understable out of the box. They do have less fade then the C-Lines. They have very little fade when thrown with power. Not even one of my P-Lines showed any turn when brand new (in calm conditions).

Some of you need to work on your form :). The P-Lines are stable not understable out of the box. They do have less fade then the C-Lines. They have very little fade when thrown with power. Not even one of my P-Lines showed any turn when brand new (in calm conditions).

You could be right, but I was expecting BEEF with the MD4. This disc simply wasn't what I thought it would be. It sure doesn't have the advertised 3 fade.

I found the md3 to have minimal fade at best, and the md4 was a nice upgrade. It's not a gator but you can manipulate it to fade hard, as needed.

I found the md3 to have minimal fade at best, and the md4 was a nice upgrade. It's not a gator but you can manipulate it to fade hard, as needed.

Same here. The flat top c-lines are equivalent to a buzzz but the MF MD4s are much more OS. Just a tick less OS than a Buzzz OS with more glide.

Funny, I'd say the EXACT same thing. I threw an MD4 for the first time today. I plugged it into the bag for a tryout round thinking it was going to be pretty overstable. In the hand the MD4 feels exactly like a Gator, and the -3 fade had my attention.

It didn't fade. At all. If anything it felt like I had another (clunkier) Roc3 in the bag. I'd throw the MD4 hard and flat and it would bend right and stay there. I was pretty disappointed. I was expecting a big hook at the end of a straight flight with no high speed turn.

This is probably not a mid I'd ever throw again. I didn't really like the hand feel of it and the disc had an inconsistent, sluggish flight. None of the finesse of the Roc3. I don't feel like the flight numbers are right. The MD4 had some high speed turn and very little late fade. I'd put mine at 4, 4, -1, 1. Weird numbers.

I didn't see any turn out of mine, but went straight for most of its flight, and faded way less and way later than what I wanted out of it. Again, not a bad disc, but not what I was expecting it to be.

the P Line MD4 feel like flat top KC Pro rocs with less bead. they fly like beat in KC pro rocs (flip up to flat extremely straight). but are a bit faster and are a lot better in the wind (because they're so flat). they're not great with off axis torque form issues but then again what baseline mid is.

the P Line MD4 feel like flat top KC Pro rocs with less bead. they fly like beat in KC pro rocs (flip up to flat extremely straight). but are a bit faster and are a lot better in the wind (because they're so flat). they're not great with off axis torque form issues but then again what baseline mid is.

The P line has become a great disc for form check. Even as it seasons, minimal influence from the wind, but you must throw it well.

I haven't been jiving with my C-line MD3 lately, so I took a P-line and Metal Flake MD4 out to play a practice round. Took about 2 holes of driving each of the 3 discs for me to decide to put the P-line MD4 in place of my slightly beat in MD3. They have very similar flights and the MD4 feels better in the hand for me so it comes out more consistently. The MF was more overstable of course, but I think if I keep working them both in, I'll have a pretty great combo.

md4 is a good mold to cover a lot of mid range shots with one mold especially if you like a very flat disc with minimal rim.

c line for good for moderately overstable and breezy situations. and p line for hyzer flip straight shots and eventual hyzer flip to turnover. the p line is great for cycling.

i'm currently covering all my midrange game with a c line and cycle of p line md4's.

i do have a gator for utility duties just in case.

my one gripe with the md4 is i don't get the same max controllable distance compared to my KC pro rocs/rancho rocs or any comets. i'll break out a seasoned kc pro or any comet up to 320ft holes if it needs to be straight in the woods.

but the reason i bag the md4 over rancho rocs/comets is that i can sidearm md4's just as comfortably as i can backhand because of the lower flatter profile.

instead of doing touchy turnovers with a flippy roc i can gently hyzer with sidearm with a p line md4.

or my favorite the 150-250ft sidearm semi run/layup with md4 in any situation: 200ft open field windy with a c line md4 on sidearm hyzer, or touchy woods run 150ft hyzer or anny sidearm with a p line.

i'll take the loss of 20ft of max distance (with comets/rocs) and gain versatility with sidearm options of the md4 for now.

I'm a longtime Buzzz user/fan (that'll never change) But I have an MD4 (glow) that I've used a lot in the last year and now it flies like my best buzz. stable enough but not flippy at all or too OS - its in the money stage right now. Gotta admit. I really like this disc. I hope they continue to run MD4's in many plastics, etc, etc. So far I have only flat ones but I was at the store recently and they feel a little different. So I hope that this disc gets some consistency - I'd love to see this in S line!

The glow, simon run's are so nice..I like how this disc comes out of the hand. Beaded and it forehands well.

So, just curious. My tourney stamp, flat top KC rocs are so beat they need replaced.

How close are the p lines? And are they all flat? Next, who has em?

So, just curious. My tourney stamp, flat top KC rocs are so beat they need replaced.

How close are the p lines? And are they all flat? Next, who has em?

They aren't flat from the 3 I've held. They have a very mild dome, not as much as a KC Roc, but not nearly as flat as a C-line MD4 or flat top Roc.

So I got a new glow MD4 recently, bagged it. Man, this disc is SO good. It is exactly what I've been looking for - for YEARS. I always tried to find the 'most overstable' plastic of a Buzzz and as soon as they broke in, it was just a normal buzz that went almost too straight for a lot of shots. That "Overstable Buzzz" disc I just never found, and I tried SOOOOO many discs. Finally the MD4 exists and its exactly what I wanted it to be. The new one flies just as great as my first. So I only own 2 - but they are my favorite new discs of the 2019 season. Close second would be the lat64 Spark (similar concept, a more OS teebird, but not a firebird OS) and the streamline stabilizer (also another moderately OS disc that's not TOO OS, but handles power and wind and doesn't turn over)

just wanted to say I'm happy as heck with the MD4.