• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Medium Size Bag, Relatively Inexpensive?

MoeDiscGolf06

Right now, I have a Fade Crunch bag and I think it's great, but I'll probably need to start carrying more discs sometime soon. What would be a good quality bag that would carry 18-20 + 2 putters and <= $80? Thanks

fade tour bag 45$. straps around 40. if you like the crunch this is the big brother. innova competition bag. you could also watch the marketplace bags pop up there a lot.

$80 for the bag and straps isn't going to be easy. You could look online for a DIY Cabela's bag and adapt it to disc golf.

I have and like the Innova Competition bag, like MrGlass suggested. I like it, plenty of room for my needs , and it's fairly "cheap". Also, NuNinja, had some quads for sale just recently, but I'm not sure if they're sold. You could contact him and see, that would save you a few $ too.

dga elite shield is in that range too. at 80 you are getting close to the voodoo mojo at 100$ that will last you a lifetime. Also gorilla boy comes into play if you have straps already. the chimp is a great offering, but there is a wait cause he hand makes them in his basement!! top notch bags.

dga elite shield is in that range too. at 80 you are getting close to the voodoo mojo at 100$ that will last you a lifetime. Also gorilla boy comes into play if you have straps already. the chimp is a great offering, but there is a wait cause he hand makes them in his basement!! top notch bags.

elite shield is a solid option, and not one you see too often. It's deceptively big on disc storage for its size.

I already have straps, so that's not a problem, I just need the bag.

I used an Innova Competition for three years. It did everything I asked of it, but it wasn't super comfortable, nor did it have a lot of storage for other stuff. The Fade Tourney is similar in that regard. Those little pockets on the side are a joke.

How are the pockets in the elite shield compared to Fade's bags? That's one major downside of my Crunch bag, i barely have room for an extra towel, my phone, and my wallet.

If you want mega room go with the Lat Pro bag. If you want a better built bag, save a few more $$$ and get a voodoo mojo. Save and spend a little extra, you won't regret it....

How are the pockets in the elite shield compared to Fade's bags? That's one major downside of my Crunch bag, i barely have room for an extra towel, my phone, and my wallet.

I've got 8 drivers in the 1st portion, in the middle I have my towel and a large bag of sunflower seeds, and this is also where I carry new discs I'm trying out. On the right side, I have a Mace (this is coming out), Anode, 2 Warships, Fuse and Pain. My front putter pocket there's room for only one, but I'm not sure why you need a 2 putter pocket :\. 2 water bottle holders on the back and I usually put my phone in one of the zippered pockets and keys and wallet in the other. Hope this helps you a bit!
My Competition bag

PS. Can anyone tell the colors I prefer? :p

$80 for the bag and straps isn't going to be easy.

3 weeks ago Gateway had a deal going on their Mini-Backpack. It was $80 for the Mini-Backpack and 4 discs instead of the usual $99. That was one heckuva deal.

3 weeks ago Gateway had a deal going on their Mini-Backpack. It was $80 for the Mini-Backpack and 4 discs instead of the usual $99. That was one heckuva deal.

Jumped on that offer, and have been very happy so far.

This is a decent sized backpack. I can get 16 discs stacked next to one another in the main compartment with a putter on the inside pocket and another putter/disc opposite the inside pocket = 18 total. You could also get another putter on the outside pocket.
Solidly built with a fair amount of storage, and very comfortable.

My friend bought a DD commander. It holds 20-22 fairly easy and works well with their straps or quads.

If you don't really need to carry 18-20 discs, you can create an extra storage space in the innova competition or fade tourney bags (or any of the other bags with that configuration). For a long time my fiancee carried a fade tourney but only carried 10 or so discs in the main pocket plus a couple in the putter pocket. She put a tupperware in the center of the bag and put the discs on either side, added a waterproof storage space for camera/phone/keys/dry towels.

I you are just looking for a medium bag since you have straps and you are only concerned about carrying discs and some small stuff, the Innova deluxe bag will work great for your needs. I currently carry 21 total discs, 1 putter, 4 mids and 14 fairway and distance drivers in the main compartment and a fairway driver and putter in the putter pocket. The discs would probably fit 1 or 2 mores discs in the bag without the divider. There is also a video where a guy converted the large side pocket to hold more discs. If you look on amazon you can get one for $35 with free shipping. Good luck

Attachments

• IMG-20130605-00441.jpg
    IMG-20130605-00441.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 31