• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Members Who Have Played 100 Courses!

Go to your DGCR Dashboard page and it has course listings, just click on the header for date played and it will sort them that way. I think you may have to scroll through a couple pages to see them all but it works. I did the same thing a few weeks ago and was very dissappointed in myself for the last year.

DGCR allows you to sort your reviews by date (i.e. date reviewed and/or review updated on), not courses played. That's probably my biggest regret about not having reviewed every course I've played... sometimes it's nice to know the sequence in which you played them.

DGCR allows you to sort your reviews by date (i.e. date reviewed and/or review updated on), not courses played. That's probably my biggest regret about not having reviewed every course I've played... sometimes it's nice to know the sequence in which you played them.

Ahhh okay, I have reviewed every course played, mostly on the same day so it's the same thing for me.

Didn't realize it was reviews not everything.

It seems pretty easy to get to 100, so I'm saying 200 is the new 100! it takes about that many courses played to impress me haha

I feel bad for you folks in course-scarce areas. I'm very cognizant of my good fortune living in WI (as far as DG goes)...I went over 200 played just in my state a couple weeks ago, and couldn't imagine not having the choices I do.

MT has, as of this post, 47 courses. Feel free to take a gander at the course map of our state, then consider drive times(side to side is roughly 11.5 hours).

Stardoggy has the right of it. I have 22 courses played in MT. I have 21 courses played in WI, half of which are due to my work flying me in and out of Madison 5 times in the last year and half. Unless you have unlimited free/travel time and a healthy budget to get you to high course-density areas, 100 is still a mean feat for many of us.

Stardoggy has the right of it. I have 22 courses played in MT. I have 21 courses played in WI, half of which are due to my work flying me in and out of Madison 5 times in the last year and half. Unless you have unlimited free/travel time and a healthy budget to get you to high course-density areas, 100 is still a mean feat for many of us.

I've recently bagged quite a few, and I'm now up to 86 total. That's with 45 in Oklahoma (took quite a bit of dedication) plus 16 in California and 16 in Florida. I doubt I'll hit 100 for a while, simply because work will be starting soon and because I've harvested most of the low-hanging fruit.

Seems like a couple exhausting course-bagging trips to dense areas are the way to get numbers, whenever opportunities arise. I just grabbed 15 or so in the Tulsa area while up there for a couple days because of friends and family. Sounds like I need to make some friends in Wisconsin or the Carolinas and go "hang out" for a couple weeks.

As far as courses go, I still feel like I'm cheating with some of the little 9-hole courses, especially when I park, Buzzz it, and leave within 30 minutes. Maybe it's because of DGCR, but I now feel that any and all courses are worth playing once, especially if within a reasonable distance from home base.

Must be nice to live in highly course saturated areas. I see a lot of 4-6 hour drives in my future once I peck through all the unplayed courses within a 2 hour drive of my new residence. I'll probably have to upgrade to something a little more fuel efficent, like a Prius, for all that driving ahead of me. There goes my cat's college savings.

Over Memorial Day weekend, another forum member and I did about 16 hours of driving(really riding, our buddy drove) through Eastern MT, ND, SD, and WY and in 3 days hit 15 courses. Next best loop will be down into ID and back, likely another 16ish hours of driving and may yield 12-15 more courses. It ain't easy when you live in BFE.

Over Memorial Day weekend, another forum member and I did about 16 hours of driving(really riding, our buddy drove) through Eastern MT, ND, SD, and WY and in 3 days hit 15 courses. Next best loop will be down into ID and back, likely another 16ish hours of driving and may yield 12-15 more courses. It ain't easy when you live in BFE.

If you could only play one course in Dickinson ND, which one would you play?

I live in Southern California and just checked my zip code 92555 and theres only 15 courses within a 500 miles radius I haven't played. 2 within an hour, but after that the next 6 are in 2 different states and a different country. the last 6 are in Northern California. So its going to be tough to get new courses but I will be getting at least 25 I think in July when I road trip up to Oregon/Washington.

I have randomly checked Illinois zip codes to a 500 mile radius and was shocked when I found one with a 1000 courses within 500 miles, I need to live there.

I live in Southern California and just checked my zip code 92555 and theres only 15 courses within a 500 miles radius I haven't played. 2 within an hour, but after that the next 6 are in 2 different states and a different country. the last 6 are in Northern California. So its going to be tough to get new courses but I will be getting at least 25 I think in July when I road trip up to Oregon/Washington.

I have randomly checked Illinois zip codes to a 500 mile radius and was shocked when I found one with a 1000 courses within 500 miles, I need to live there.

350 of those are crappy 9 holers or high school courses. Want to course bag . . . move there . . .otherwise avoid it at all costs

Sitting at 138 courses right now. Taking a trip to Belleville, IL this weekend. Mostly for a family reunion but I'm going to try to get 4 courses and states. My thoughts right now are Citizens Park in Belleville, then Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis, MO. On my way back to NC I want to hit Indiana and Kentucky without getting too far off 64. My plans are to bag 9 hole Cupertino's Course in St. Meinrad then head to Lexington for the final 18 of the trip. Thinking Jacobson Park. Any local players have suggestions on better courses, course conditions, or tourneys going on I should avoid. The one caveat is my fiance' just sprained her ankle so she will be hobbling around with me so less elevation will maximize my chances of getting 4 courses. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Hoping to be at 142 listed course in 15 states this time Wednesday.

If you could only play one course in Dickinson ND, which one would you play?

We were able to play all three of the DGCR listed Dickinson courses and Patterson Lake is the clear winner there. Hadn't played it before that trip so getting to camp on site, wake up and just roll onto the course was a treat. Really fun and challenging golf. I'd be a happy guy if it were my home course. The Optimist course was a decent little park course but nothing special and JC was fine for a little 9 hole pitch 'n putt, even if the baskets are jankey as heck. Neither of those are in the same conversation as Patterson though.

Currently at 84. Trying to get to 100 this year. I've got a trip coming up next week where I'm going to try to get 4 or 5 and another trip towards the end of June where I'd like to get another 4-5 and a few new states bagged.

100 has been challenging for me. At first I wasn't really all that interested in bagging courses. But it's become a sickness.

But I am finding I have to travel farther and farther to make it happen. So I spend a lot of time in the car in order to get 3 or 4 courses in a day.

Currently at 84. Trying to get to 100 this year. I've got a trip coming up next week where I'm going to try to get 4 or 5 and another trip towards the end of June where I'd like to get another 4-5 and a few new states bagged.

100 has been challenging for me. At first I wasn't really all that interested in bagging courses. But it's become a sickness.

But I am finding I have to travel farther and farther to make it happen. So I spend a lot of time in the car in order to get 3 or 4 courses in a day.

Welcome to the sickness. When I started playing, I only played 2 courses over and over. Then I discovered DGCR and the sickness took hold. Started driving 30-45 min in all directions, the drive time just increased from there. To get the 120 courses in proximity to Raleigh I ended up about 3-3.5 hour drive times. I could certainly have many more courses but I only bagged well rated and reviewed courses. Have not played too many rated less than 3.

Those of us living within Texas, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota & Michigan (the top five states in terms of number of courses) are certainly blessed. I'm doubly blessed to have a job that takes me to all four "corners" of Michigan and give me opportunity to bag courses. Even before I started doing all this traveling, I already had over 100 courses bagged. It's getting harder to move that number up. This week I was able to bag four more. So now I am inching towards 200. So many courses, yada, yada, yada.

Wow. I've never looked at this stat before. Just realized I'm in the top 150 out of over 70K members. Feeling pretty good.

And the funny thing is I've never worked very hard to hit new courses... it's really just something that happens pretty naturally over time. When you're on a trip somewhere, hit a couple of new courses along the way or at your destination. A few trips a year + almost 20 years of disc golf and before you know it, you're at over 200 courses.

So no one should feel a lot of pressure. It will happen. Just give it time, and and make space when you travel.

I've recently bagged quite a few, and I'm now up to 86 total. That's with 45 in Oklahoma (took quite a bit of dedication) plus 16 in California and 16 in Florida. I doubt I'll hit 100 for a while, simply because work will be starting soon and because I've harvested most of the low-hanging fruit.

Made It! Harry Myers just became number 100, and the 5th of the respectable Houck quintet of both Selah and both Trey Texas Ranch courses. I may have bagged some easy ones earlier, but 96-100 We're doozies. Not sure if I'll write a review, but Creekside rocked even though the water from longs stole 3 of my discs.

Congrats! No shame bragging about bagging and I'm envious of your 96-100 courses :)

With great power comes great responsibility. Share some of that worldly experience via reviews

Latest posts