• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Memorial Hangover?

CabMakio

Bogey Member
I live in the Phoenix area where we had The Memorial not too long ago.

I did not participate in the event and probably never will (though I did spectate and had a blast!).

Anyway, since the event I've noticed the number of people out at the local courses slowly drop off week by week since the event.

I played today at a small local course and only saw one other guy out there when it's not unusual to see 4-5 groups at a time.

I don't really stay in touch with the pro tour so just wondering if it's a thing to see local participation drop after an event?

I would think a tour coming through town would inspire the locals but maybe a lot of players just get overwhelmed by the event and take a break for a while?

I did not participate in the event and probably never will (though I did spectate and had a blast!).

Anyway, since the event I've noticed the number of people out at the local courses slowly drop off week by week since the event.

I played today at a small local course and only saw one other guy out there when it's not unusual to see 4-5 groups at a time.

I don't really stay in touch with the pro tour so just wondering if it's a thing to see local participation drop after an event?

I would think a tour coming through town would inspire the locals but maybe a lot of players just get overwhelmed by the event and take a break for a while?

Interesting phenomena, there are some theories discussed here.

https://www.cdc.gov/

Dude....do you live under a rock??? Or are you trying to be funny???

It's probably because there's so much sick disc golf content on YouTube lately. People would rather stay home and watch it instead of playing.

You throw them into the water on every hole instead.

Latest posts