• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Memorial (practice) at Vista (blab)

hangwind

Eagle Member
Wow, Vista was packed today!

I saw some excellent disc golf.

A girl and three dudes from Sweden, they were crushing it.

I meet a guy from St. Louis, Gary Swarenz (sp? something like that) and I played a few holes. First guy I've ever played disc golf with besides my small group. He had a putter that had a bunch of signatures on it. Aces. Said he got the first hole first player ace of some tournament. He said for the first hole, he was in the lead of the whole pack!

We laughed.

Really nice guy.

I stepped up and rolled one, far. Went down there and I missed a circle putt, arghh.

He goes, "Interesting approach"

Are rollers common?

I would have thought a guy playing tournaments would have had rollers in the bag since day one...

I am going to enter, maybe next year if I keep at it.

And I'm going to try to meet as many people from this forum as possible.

What a cool sport, such cool people.

Good luck to all you guys, I hope you all do well and have a blast.

A lot of us are in Vegas now but will be playing the courses Monday and tuesday before tourney time. What the guys here can do is insane. I played with Will Schusterick during a 1077 round and Ulibarri today during a 1086 bogeying the last hole.

Saw some great discing eh?

Kick ass.

I saw a 250' birdie, that was amazing, the sound of the chains crashing was HUGE.

Practice for a tournament has got to be fun, I know that I was pegging the fun meter.

I meet a guy from St. Louis, Gary Swarenz (sp? something like that) and I played a few holes. First guy I've ever played disc golf with besides my small group. He had a putter that had a bunch of signatures on it. Aces. Said he got the first hole first player ace of some tournament. He said for the first hole, he was in the lead of the whole pack!

We laughed.

Really nice guy.

I stepped up and rolled one, far. Went down there and I missed a circle putt, arghh.

He goes, "Interesting approach"

Are rollers common?

I would have thought a guy playing tournaments would have had rollers in the bag since day one...

gary suarez- good golfer, very good guy. and, as you saw, fun to throw a round with also! never seen him chuck a roller for distance, but i'm sure he could pull it out if he felt it necessary.

Cool, I kept up with him and rolled one way down the and in.

I'm definitely going to compete to see if I can take it up a notch.

Played the Fountain today, lotso visitors and great shots.

I will be playing the fountain tuesday and just drives on vista.

If you run into Karl Johan, Jeppe or Jens from Denmark, give them some greetings from back home. :)

If you run into Karl Johan, Jeppe or Jens from Denmark, give them some greetings from back home. :)

I saw both Jens, and KJ. I played with them last year a bit, too. Good guys, and fun to play with.

I saw both Jens, and KJ. I played with them last year a bit, too. Good guys, and fun to play with.

Correction: I played with Jens in practice last year, but KJ was at home with the newborn. I played with KJ the year before.

im pretty sure jens is the same kid i got real drunk on captain morgan at some block party.

I was amazed at how busy Vista was on Saturday. I only found out about the tournament on Saturday morning and thought it was only @ Fountain Hills. Went down to Spinners solo, picked up a couple new discs and was looking forward to get a solo round in. The 12th tee was packed! I waited about 35 mins for a decent break in the action and was able to get about 12 holes and some practice putts in before having to take off.

I, too, saw some amazing throws. I really want to see the pros play Vista this week but I probably can't get off work to do it. Looks like I'll be in Fountain Hills on Saturday.

I usually play Vista in Scottsdale or the landfill course in Chandler on weekends if anyone wants to get together. I'm still pretty new but can't get enough of the sport.

I looked it up. Looks great! There was a photo of, I think 16, with the pin being just past a backyard that sticks out. I wonder how many discs hyzer out into their yard daily.

Can't wait to play it. Thanks!