• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Metal to Ace ratio

Most of you guys seem to have much better luck then me. Constantly hitting the side of the cage. Literally inches away from being good, I've even had several land in the basket and bounce out. Things like that happen all the time.

I thought that was the norm but now I'm seeing it's not so much the case.

I always see an ace as skill in the sense that you have to have the ability to put yourself in a position to ace it. But you still need some luck to have it stick. I drool over the thought of what my ace count would be if I had a 2 to 1 ratio

I have 3 aces to countless metal hits. The worst is hearing metal on a blind hole, running around the corner, and seeing the stupid disc laying on the ground 5 fleet away from the basket.

With only two years :gross:eek:f serious practice in I have never hit either
But I have been playing casually with my father for 13yrs or so and he has never gotten an ace either.

I don't know if this should be a seperate thread but I made an absolute fool of myself today. Threw my surge on an epic line and everybody starts yelling, me included, and bam! looks like it sticks in the basket. Everyone jumps around and high fives are sighted. Get to the basket and it's on the ground that's slightly elevated about 5 feet behind the bucket. From the tee it looked like it went in but it was an optical illusion. We just hung our heads and went to the next tee where another group looked at us like we were stupid for celebrating so much for nothing more than just a nice shot. It's funny now but not so much then.

I've got 3 aces in all my years but well over a hundred metal hits and to be totally honest I am quite pissed that I don't have more aces. On one hole in particular I've hit the basket or the chains 8 times this year alone but not one has stuck, not to mention that I have also hit a good number of other baskets this year too. Maybe Im not the ace type.

I do not keep track of my metals and some people considr basket, chains and above as metal others count pole. You can do whatever you want to feel good about yourself and keep playing the game. I count metal hits as anything metal (pole, lock, basket, chains, and above) because it is the target afterall. However I do not keep track of them, my notebook does not have enough room for that, my score, my putts, my course notes, and my future business ideas.

I personally enjoy hitting an ace, but only 3 of my aces were true ace runs where I declared I am running at this one, so only those three are what I consider to have been good shots, the rest were lucky, while they may have still been parked if I missed which would also mean they were still good shots. I have hit 3 trees and kicked in, I have skipped aced 4 times which I consider to be lucky. I am trying to park everyhole not ace it, but takeme out to an ace race and I will gun at the basket with the best of them!

I say 8:1 Ace if you don't count pole. I have 4 aces, but tons of chains, ring, and basket hits.

Latest posts