• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Meteor

I just wish they'd make them in Z. Booter, I had the same experience with a Meteor, a friend of mine let me toss his, threw it with some nice hyzer, stood right up flew straight, suppppppper flat one, kind of a mix on the plastic too, esp/zish... love that disc.

The Z's are impossible to find! I heard a kid from CT just got a green/yellow elite Z ghost stamp one... i didn't know these even existed!

Yea I love mine so far. Works perfect for turnovers and air shots.even stand stills I got good rips.

There are some zs they were for the ace race winners so theyre out there! But ive heard they fly like bricks

The one.i got from my friend is super flat and a lil used. He saw me tossing the hell out of it and decided to let me keep it

I have recently found love for the meteor as well. I even find myself putting with it alot outside 35 foot or so (yes I know I shouldnt putt with it). I can also hyzer flip it past all of my distance drivers about 75% of the time. If I were to play a single disc round it would be with the meteor.

i just picked up a squirrel and it is got an old school feel to it. i think it would pair with a roc well.

Z Meteors fly slow, understable, and glideless compared to the ESPs. They will go on the same line, but considerably shorter.

Somehow I've found myself reuniting with the Meteor. I just lost my beat Fuse for the second time in the past month, which left me with a slot in my bag missing with an upcoming tourney looming. Unfortunately I don't have any Fuses that are even close to as understable as the one I lost, so I decided to give my old seasoned Meteor a go in it's place. I took it out of the bag soon after trying the Fuse and I hadn't thrown it in almost two years. I was pleasantly surprised to find it very close to my beat Fuse in stability. Not only that, but it seems to overlap less with my Axis and add another dimension to my bag. It is faster than the Fuse and thus flips a little faster and has a bit more LSS at the very end of the flight. This was opening up some line possibilities that I didn't have in my bag previously. I still think the Fuse is more versatile and consistent as an all around mid, but the Meteor is more dynamic. My Axis and seasoned Vector get the majority of the action for my mid shots, so the Meteor gives me a lot more options in terms of lateral movement in flight.

Im still rocling my super flat 173 esp and its been great. Sneaky long and definitely gives me more confidence on throwing turnovers or annys over trees that the fuse didnt

i threw the meteor, then the gl fuse, and lately i've been craving the meteor again. i agree 100% with booter, i think what i miss about the meteor is that it throws similar to a buzzz. sooooo, now it's time to be on the lookout for a few throwers.

Meteors are really long. I used to throw one from time to time!

They really are one of the longest mids I've ever thrown

I liked mine a lot before it beat into too overstable. Didn't see that one coming.

I am loving my Z's. It's funny, I didn't like the ESP's. I found them too inconsistent. I can throw the Z's FH or BH, and I find that lack of glide (in comparison to ESP's) to be more predictable. My understable mid has been something that I have not been set on. I threw ESP Meteors a few years ago, tried the Fuse (didn't like the grip), Buzzz SS (too much like a Buzzz) and I think I'm set now on Z Meteors. Great disc!

Trey133 said:
Meteors are really long. I used to throw one from time to time!

They really are one of the longest mids I've ever thrown

Have you thrown Squalls? It is a tweener disc, that fades less than most mids and is fast thus long. Less glide than Skeeters and Kites so a little more dependable. Squalls power down beautifully.

fanter said:
jubuttib said:
I liked mine a lot before it beat into too overstable. Didn't see that one coming.
Did the nose bend upward with wear?
Don't know, didn't have anything to compare it to back then. I hit a specific lamp post a few rounds in a row (hate that lamp post, it's on the ace line) and it just started fading more than before.

Latest posts