-Rosewood Park DGC- Jenison {9 Holes}
-Taymouth Park- Burt {9 Holes}

-----PENDING COURSES-------
-Belle Isle DGC- Detroit {24 Holes}
-Mt. McSauba- Charlevoix {19 Holes}
-Wickes Park- Saginaw {18 Holes}
-BC State Rec Area- Bay City {9-18 Holes}
-Bertha Brock- Ionia {9-18 Holes}

-----{If anyone has additional info that should be added to the list, please let me know.}-----

^I'm definitely going to check out Rosewood since i have a buddy who just moved to Jenison.

yes!!!

im extremely pumped that saginaw is finally getting its own course! i was walking through the trails at wickes park about two years ago and wanted a course in there was hoping it would be the first place that would get one! too bad i wasnt involved in the planning or build! maybe i should focus on getting one out in at delta college like i planned two years ago

We've got about three solid courses in the mid-mitten area (Central Mich U) +/- 15 miles or so. Working on proposing one in my home town of alma.

If you're on twitter, follow @C_MichDiscGolf

Ira Twp course hits a snag...

Email from Ira Twp Parks Dept.

I am sorry Donny, but we have hit a snag in construction. Holes 3-6 go through the "rough" wooded area and we are unable to remove the Thorn Apple trees that are in the way. We have the holes & support poles cemented in and the baskets are done, but we are having BIG landscaping issues.

Parks & Rec found a volunteer to brush hog a 6' swatch where the course is to go, but there are still 1-4" small tree daggers sticking out of the ground that pose a trip hazard.

We are looking into finding a volunteer that has some type of industrial rototiller/ground churning equipment that would be willing to come in & churn up the pathway. We could wood chip a 4" layer down, we have a ton of free wood chips, but that will take a lot of man hours.

If we bull doze, we are left with a pile of trees with roots & dirt attached, and that can't be burnt.

If you have any suggestions, I would gratefully accept them. We are always looking for help, thank you.

Lynn Zyrowski
Ira Twp. Park & Recreation Director
7085 Meldrum Rd.
Fair Haven, MI 48023
586-339-3956

Dang, I'm still trying to work on our private course's completion along with finalizing a course proposal for a park down the road. I'll have to check it out but it's still at least 25 min from my house.

Anyone in that area looking for a volunteer opportunity? PM me if interested.

18 of the 24 holes of the belle isle course will be up this sunday only for a fundraiser tournament. The tourney is catered by slows and every entrant receives a tee and free founders beer. There will be a keg of reds ryepa and porter. Show us your support and come on out.

Bay City hits a snag.. :(

"An update to the course at Bay City State Recreation Area..

The District Supervisor determined that the property will not accommodate the 18 hole layout that I presented, so in short the money and pledges have been returned. The plan that the Park has is to proceed again in the near future with an attempt to build an 9 hole Professional course, with an 9 hole Youth course somewhere in close proximity.

As I understand the project as 2011 closes out, there is nothing on the table for a timeline, no designer working on a new plan and currently no money aside from a few hundred dollars. In 2012 the plan is for The Friend's group to again attempt a grant of $10,000.00 and retain a designer to see the 9 plus 9 design get up and running."

Clearwater State Park (between Atlanta MI and Onaway MI) just contacted me to help with course design and proposal for an 18 hole DGC to be installed in 2012. I will pass on more information after I go look at the property they wish to build it on (they have over 300 acres to work with).

Clearwater State Park (between Atlanta MI and Onaway MI) just contacted me to help with course design and proposal for an 18 hole DGC to be installed in 2012. I will pass on more information after I go look at the property they wish to build it on (they have over 300 acres to work with).

Edit * Clear Lake State Park

The Watervliet City Commissioners voted to go ahead with my dual tee 9 hole course proposal in and around Flaherty Park last night. Now the permitting process begins. More updates to come but this is a huge milestone reached!

Nice job Amenz

I'm going before the county P&R commision tonight with my proposal. Wish me success.

St. Clair County

Any tips on what to expect from the commision? I have a ton of info and nice presentation packets with some mids and sample scorecards too for each commision member but they're only gonna give me a 3-minute window if other people show up with park ideas.

What did it take to get an okay from your meeting?

The Edge at Scottville has been approved to be permanent and 4 holes are being added to make it 24. Some changes to existing holes TBD.