• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigans Kensington Toboggan

fullnelson

Par Member
Rumor has it is that as I type this, the Toboggan course is in the ground and playable. If you have not experienced this course yet, it's a must do!!

Yes. Try to find a local to hitch a ride, or else pay the $5 parking. You'll probably still have to buy the $2 wristband though.

Is it easy to navigate? I thought it was private.

You'd be better off with a guide/local/spotter though you might be able to find your way around. There's a lot of blind shots with long grass lurking around those blind shots.

Not private (it's in a public park) but it's a temp course. It's only in the ground for a month every year for Am Nats.

Hopefully playing it next Thursday, otherwise just Friday Saturday Sunday.

You'd be better off with a guide/local/spotter though you might be able to find your way around. There's a lot of blind shots with long grass lurking around those blind shots.

So who wants to show me around? Im free all day saturday.

One of, if not the best course I've ever played. I've played around 150 courses. . .Back in 06 I got to play this monster 3 times for Am Nats. Epic golf

Anyone getting out this afternoon? I'd like to try to get a round in before the rains come this weekend, but am not looking to roll solo with that nasty rough.

Just got home from playing Toboggan for the first time!! Absolutely amazing!! It's hard to even put into words how this course is. Just amazing.

I do have a cool little story about it. I just put a brand new 11X Champ Eagle-X in my bag just so I could have 2 in there. Well, I threw it and then lost it in the thickest nastiest brush. Decided to quit looking for it after a while. Well, 30 minutes after we left the course I got a phone call and the guy said he just found my disc!!!. He's going to mail it to me so I sent him some $$ as a reward. First time a disc will be returned to me :)

A ton of really cool people there. Never ran in to anyone who was a dbag. I guess that's what you get for playing a sweet course like that. My home course (Holly Woods) is over run with extreme D-bags now and it really sucks because that course is great.

Played it and absolutely loved it. That course ain't effin' around! Still pondering my review points, but leaning towards a 4.5 rating. Little heavy on the RHFH shots, but overall good balance. I don't think I've ever mentally "pre-played" a hole from the tee like I did on #17, trying to choose my landing zones for my first two shots (first shot was money, but I shanked my upshot)...which in my opinion is a fantastic golf hole since it adds so much to the mental aspect.

Lost my beloved yellow Magic in the THICK stuff on #15's right rough, so hopefully I get a call/PM on that (finder's fee!)...

I just had same type of experience ^^ me and my buddy were playing he had rough day and lost 3 discs... but while on 17 someone called him and found his on hole 9, so when we were done we met him, and as we were leaving my buddy got another call bout another disc from... the same guy!!! it was crazy he found 2 of my buddies discs in the same round!! It was our first time playing toboggan and well def be going back again before its outta the ground, its way to awesome of disc golf!!

I was scared to play solo, so I brought my sister-in-law's boyfriend, who had only played once about 10 years ago. I figured we'd get to know each other and maybe I could use him as a spotter, but surprisingly he was enthusiastic about trying his hand at the game once again...yes, even after the first 3 holes! Two days later I brought him to The Ponds @ Lakeshore and he was like, "Seriously?! THIS is regular disc golf?! Why didn't we start here?" But he had a great experience and I've created another addict!

Played it and absolutely loved it. That course ain't effin' around! Still pondering my review points, but leaning towards a 4.5 rating. Little heavy on the RHFH shots, but overall good balance. I don't think I've ever mentally "pre-played" a hole from the tee like I did on #17, trying to choose my landing zones for my first two shots (first shot was money, but I shanked my upshot)...which in my opinion is a fantastic golf hole since it adds so much to the mental aspect.

Lost my beloved yellow Magic in the THICK stuff on #15's right rough, so hopefully I get a call/PM on that (finder's fee!)...

I actually played with the dude who found your disc. Hopefully he calls you. I lost an 11x teebird. Got a call the next day. Jah bless disc golfers!

I actually played with the dude who found your disc. Hopefully he calls you. I lost an 11x teebird. Got a call the next day. Jah bless disc golfers!

I hope he calls too! Please let him know that I'm very :( over this loss and will gladly trade him another disc + finder's fee for its safe return. I'd really love to have that putter for an upcoming tourney at my home course!

I'm planning my annual one disc speed golf round on the Toboggan. Probably try to do it early Wednesday or Thursday, like 8am. PM for details.

I've finished it under an hour in both attempts. :sick:

Latest posts