• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid-range Tailwind discs?

if you want hella distance throw a comet in a tailwind and watch that thing sail to no end.

and for the record i dont throw comets

if you want hella distance throw a comet in a tailwind and watch that thing sail to no end.

As a former Comet thrower, I can totally see this; understable enough for a decent tailwind to straighten things out with the gliiide to make the most of it. I found I over threw my target with a my Comet more than any other disc.

I now use a Stratus for this slot.

Last edited:

As a former Comet thrower, I can totally see this; understable enough for a decent tailwind to straighten things out with the gliiide to make the most of it. .

yes, yes and yes again. use the comet. as my gravity ghosts beat in i use the comet less and less, maybe only 2-3 times a round, but when i need the straight with no fade from a standstill or a long lazer in a tailwind, you better believe that EVERY freaking time it's GOTTA be the comet. no other disc can do what it does as well as it does.

i use a 167-169g elite x comet. the heavier ones have more fade, which i do not like.

Use the pulldown on the search function and find Search Forums using Google.

I've been on this site since I started playing, and I've never noticed this function.... :doh: That will be a lot nicer than looking to 4 pages of crap before I find a thread that may be useful.

One more vote for an X Comet, get the nose down and give it a little height and you might find that with a tailwind it goes farther than your fairway drivers.

Latest posts