• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Mid Range Tee Bird equivalent?

I know you already ordered, but I will just opine that a light Tensor is like a midrange Teebird. Carry on.

the fade on a tensor is a bit quicker and i think the Vector will be a better mid version of the teebird and more versatile than the tensor.

The tensor is a GREAT disc, but not as workable imo, just wait till the vector gets a little beat in and only gets better with age.

im enjoying my 166g tensor >:]

I know it's a bit late on the order but I got to throw around an Axis Neutron for a whole course and loved how straight it kept a line with a great glide, kind of like a teebird. Don't know if it'd be similar to a teebird in the respect of the turn and fade but it got me a lot of great straight results.

Also I've only been playing for 3 months so my opinions are probably not the best or to be trusted. I do have a Buzz ESP and love it to death. It's my favorite mid-range next to the Flying Squirrel

My first thought was the Axis. Same fade, beats in to a slightly turntable disc.

The vector too, has about the same amount of Teebird fade.

I know you already ordered, but I will just opine that a light Tensor is like a midrange Teebird. Carry on.

It really depends on the teebird you are comparing it to. I'd say yes, the tensor, for a new beefier OS teebird. But once it breaks in to the point of what I'd consider the sweet spot the tensor doesn't really compare in my mind. It fades quickly and hard compared to seasoned teebird.

My tee bird throw gets me my max distance, and its the straightest disc I can throw, I have a R pro Roc and I cant seem to get a good throw out of it. I get amazingly straight throws with just the tiny fade at the very end with the Tee Bird.

R Pro Rocs are just about the worst variant of the Roc out there, if that's even possible. Rubbery lifeless plastic and a plus rim make for not a very good disc.

Get like a Flat-Top DX or KC Pro Roc. Very straight to start with.

This. I'm surprised only one person has recommended the Roc, it is a shorter Teebird pretty much by definition. Or the Teebird is a longer Roc, whatever floats your boat.

Yeah seriously the best Rocs are the cheap ones anyways... Flat top Rocs are the best mid I've used for straight to fade. Well. Any Roc is great for that shot. But yeah. I've only ever heard the TB described as a longer Roc. And I agree.

I guess you already ordered, but KC pro or DX flat top would have been ideal, or a suspect has that same basic flight path in a nice premium plastic

pointless to buy a cheap roc that will get beat quickly and constantly be changing, in my opinion.

I have switched from rocs and thrown the same MVP Eclipse Vector since it was released and it has changed EXTREMELY slow over that time, the break in period is longer than any plastic i have ever thrown and i use it daily. There are no major scuffs or gouges, where as a kc roc would be annihilated by now :D

the Vector will fly similar to a flat top roc anyways and with the slow break in period it gives you a loooong time to get used to and familiar with the flight of the disc :)

Well Im looking for something I can kinda power throw, so I dont really want it to get as much distance as my tee bird. I want something I can throw hard, its gonna fly straight, and will fall at a medium distance.

I read that you are looking for a teebirdish flight mid which means different things to different people depending on how beat in folks like their teebirds. Teebirds start out slightly overstable for power throwers but overtime retain much of their high speed stability (HSS) or resistance to turn when thrown hard on a clean release but lose much of their low speed stability (LSS) or fade as the disc slows at the end of its flight. I personally like the way teebirds break into very straight (stable) flying discs like how a dx roc that starts out slightly overstable but a few hard tree hits later the same roc flies arrow straight all the way to the ground.

You wrote that you max your Teebird 250-275' and want something that you can throw hard and its gonna fly straight like your teebird. I'm guessing your teebird is dx plastic or very beat up star/champ as most teebirds have a decent amount of fade when new unless you are getting them well over 300' where they start to straighten out. If your teebird is straight without much fade at your max distance I'm saying its seen a lot of action if it goes straight during its entire flight. If your average teebird throw goes 250' I'll say the vector will break 225' but at that distance its gonna fade hard.

Vector seems well liked around here and as your form/power progresses the vector will continue to be useful as an overstable mid. My advice is to save some money for a Z Buzzz in a 170ish weight that will fly stable straight like a beat in teebird at your power and buy it used one to save some big bucks here in the MarketPlace.

Last edited:

Latest posts