• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid test and results of removing flashing from Sentinel

garublador said:
JR said:
That Arizona Bay reference means nothing to me care to elaborate in plain English what that means?
California sits on a fault line. The idea is that eventually a big earthquake will come along and CA will "fall into the ocean." At that point, Arizona would be a costal state and where So. Cal. is now would be part of the Pacific Ocean right next to AZ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Bay

Oh I didn't remember that AZ was so close to the sea. All the world would(will?) suffer from Silicon Valley and other parts of the richest state sinking. Thanks for clearing that up.

Had a practice session with my Discmania SG line 177 MD1 with flashing removed for the first time. Didn't notice any difference at all. I hoped for less LSS but no joy. The good part is that for normal wear this disc shouldn't change soon.
The good thing is that HSS wasn't hampered either.

The nice thing today was opening of a closer faux lawn field than I've been using. No slipping all power available. Depending on form I got different results. It was also the first time I tried left leg up pivoting with right leg locked in the position it landed at. So I don't know how representative my D is. I also futzed around with timing and different steps. By longest throw was a line drive of 302'. Generally I got a lot less average D. Maybe around 270'.

Locking right leg during landing and holding it in the same position turned me around quickly and stopped forward motion. I was a bit too early probably with my arms and may not have transferred all of my power to the disc at the hit but at least I wasn't lunging forward. Like I didn't set my left leg down before the pivot stopped. And the left leg was beside the right. I consider that a pretty close to 100 % power transfer to the disc from the momentum produced by legs.

Latest posts