• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Falcon

Mine just came in. 2 base and 1 Sirius marked SRP, and SSRP. Look pretty identical to a scorpius on all 3. The base plastic ones feel exactly like the Sirius. If you were to blindfold me and hand me one then the other I could not tell a difference. They feel maybe a tiny bit wider in the rim but not much at all.

Not being a Scorpius thrower, how can one tell?

Regardless what mine is, I am keeping it, but I would like to know the difference.

Based on your pictures I think the white disc is a Scorpius and the blue a Falcon. If you compare the two of them side by side you'll likely see the different in the wing. It's very noticeable.

"Falcon" on left (white is base "SRP", blue is Sirius marked "SSRP"), 1st run base scorpius on the right. (Base is all I had in the car today.)

Attachments

• F695CE17-BB34-492C-8220-9A0C2BA22364.jpg
    F695CE17-BB34-492C-8220-9A0C2BA22364.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 9E6828CC-2857-4A45-AE5F-6150181E97E7.jpg
    9E6828CC-2857-4A45-AE5F-6150181E97E7.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 35
Based on your pictures I think the white disc is a Scorpius and the blue a Falcon. If you compare the two of them side by side you'll likely see the different in the wing. It's very noticeable.

I noticed the difference...but to be honest, with Innovas QC(or lack there of), I thought it was just how they molded up due to difference in plastic.

Thanks.

I noticed the difference...but to be honest, with Innovas QC(or lack there of), I thought it was just how they molded up due to difference in plastic.

Thanks.

I'm just guessing based solely on those pictures--I could be wrong. How they fly will be the true test. The whole situation is quite the **** show and I'm eagerly waiting to see how Millennium plans on handling it.

The Falcon is similar to our popular Scorpius but faster with slightly less high-speed stability. A solid turn will launch the Falcon into a ground-eating glide that, when paired with its aerodynamic wing give this disc outstanding distance. The low speed fade is reminiscent of the Scorpius which makes this disc's finish very dependable into all but the staunchest of headwinds.

OK, so that is on their site. If it truly is a different disc, why does the ink say S-SRP?

OK, so that is on their site. If it truly is a different disc, why does the ink say S-SRP?

I have no idea about X and L wings, but it is supposed to be a completely different mold/disc. From what I've read I believe it's supposed to be a Scorpius top with a Shryke bottom. I can only assume unstamped Scorps got mixed in with this new Falcon mold and they just hot stamped them all the same without checking. The whole incorrect penned acronym on the underside is just another layer of confusion, for me.

I mean, the ones I got are nice scorpius'. I threw one just to be 100% sure against a well seasoned scorpius, and a fairly fresh base scorpius. The base "falcon" was more overstable than both. Then I threw it against the 1.9 Sirius that has been in my bag at the top of the cycle for maybe 3 rounds. Flew damn near exactly the same over a dozen or so throws.

Like I said, nice scorpius', but I paid for and expected Falcons.

Like I said, nice scorpius', but I paid for and expected Falcons.

That's my frustration as well. The Scorpius is a great mold, but I paid for Falcons. I still haven't received any response from Millennium, but if I do I'll be sure to share anything of interest.

I emailed them as well. I brought it to the millennium collectors and throwers Facebook group as well. After posting some comparison pics the thread has gone quiet. Usually those guys are chatterboxes about anything millennium.

These are Test Flights. Could there be iterations of small changes that we are seeing? Maybe it started as a tweaked Scorpius and it didn't fly different enough so they added the Shryke wing?

These are Test Flights. Could there be iterations of small changes that we are seeing? Maybe it started as a tweaked Scorpius and it didn't fly different enough so they added the Shryke wing?

If that were the case then there is no way Millennium could say these "slightly tweaked Scorps" are Falcons. The Falcon is supposed to be a completely different mold and have the Shryke bottom, NOT a small change or iteration to the existing Scorpius mold. It has to be an unfortunate series of mistakes on Millennium's part. I'm really hoping they don't just ignore the emails and at least provide an honest explanation as to what happened or what they think happened.

I got some dye on my Standard plastic right before dark. Got to toss a few in my front yard. Wow, I am loving it. I won't be for sure until I take it to a wide open field, but I think I like it better than the Sirius.... Even if it turns out to be a Scorpius.

Attachments

• 20190401_193604.jpg
    20190401_193604.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 34
Just miked my 'Falcons'
Standard 168g Sirius 167g

Both have a wing of .900
Lip to dome. Standard .500 Sirius .540
Inner lip height. Both .445
Wing "depth". Standard .165. Sirius .162
Diameter. Standard 8"9/32 Sirius 8"5/16

The last measure was with a tape, the micrometer wasn't large enough.

The Sirius inner wing has more curve, the Standard hasa little bump in the middle

Millennium put up an explanation on the millennium
Collectors Facebook if anyone is interested. Says it is a tweaked scorpius. Must be a minor tweak. Real minor, and since they labeled most of them as SRP or s-SRP it's possible some scorpius got in there as well. At least that's my theory. People who have the F marked ones say they are noticeably different.

Millennium put up an explanation on the millennium
Collectors Facebook if anyone is interested. Says it is a tweaked scorpius. Must be a minor tweak. Real minor, and since they labeled most of them as SRP or s-SRP it's possible some scorpius got in there as well. At least that's my theory. People who have the F marked ones say they are noticeably different.

How is a completely different rim a "tweak"? Were those their words? They came out with a brand new mold called the Falcon, not a Scorpius run 2.0... I'm not joining Facebook to see a manufacturer's response to a shipping and/or manufacturing error. They should do the right thing and either respond to the emails they've received or a single email blast to all that have ordered. This is super disappointing.

Screencap of Millennium's explanation. Anyone have one with the "F" penned on there?

HWheoDg.png

OK, that's better. I have only thrown mine once, and it's not nearly as OS as a fresh Star Destroyer, so...

Latest posts