• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium LS Comparison

mrDROCK

Par Member
Curious about the differences between the LS molds.
What main differences are there between the Orion LS, Polaris LS, and JLS?
Can they all exist in the same bag?
What types of shot shapes?

I can't vouch for the Polaris because I have never thrown one.
The JLS is a very neutral driver assuming you have the requisite technique. A little high speed turn, a little fade. Not bad distance, either. My favorite plastic is Quantum because it starts out more overstable. If you are throwing under 325-350' then the base of plastic will be more suitable for you.
The Orion LS really is a longer version of the JLS. Everything I typed above applies here except change the distance to 380-400. This disc can flat-out bomb on a distance line especially with a tailwind. It is not uncommon for me to see more than 500' in field practice but this is not a shot I would probably use on the course unless the hole was wiiiidddee open.
They are both good roller discs.
Yeah, these two are logical bag-mates assuming you favor the neutral molds.

The Polaris LS and the JLS are...eh, they fly the same. The JLS is faster/longer.

The thing with them was that the Polaris LS was kinda sorta like a Cheetah and the JLS was kinda sorta like an Eagle (X, since I have to specify now), but both of the Innova versions had a buncha fade at the end. This was common at the time, all Innova discs were made in what you now call DX plastic and they were designed to start out with fade that would beat out over time. Millennium discs were made in a higher grade plastic (what you would call Pro plastic now) so since they were more durable they didn't need all that fade. So the Millennium discs would do that early turn S flight and then come back, but they didn't fight back as hard as a Cheetah or Eagle would. If you had that dialed in, they flew farther. If you didn't, they would flip on you. The Polaris LS was easier to flip since it was slower, the JLS seemed less likely to flip on me. Once you switch from the base Millennium plastic to Q, a lot of the tendency to flip went away. I really like the QJLS as a workhorse control driver. The Q Polaris LS for me got lost in the KC Pro Cheetah/Champ Leopard range of "these discs do basically the same thing." Champ Leopards are so much easier to find that I don't know why anyone would bother looking for a Q Polaris LS.

They really overlap too much to carry both of them IMO. I still bag a QJLS from time to time, I have not thrown a Polaris LS in ages.

Orion LS's are a lot faster and I can't throw them worth a hoot, so I have nothing to really add about them.

Used to bag jls, solf, and qolf. Understable, stable, overstable. Complemented each other well and decent distance and control without having a large rim. I've replaced the solf with a pd. I find it has more distance and can be powered down with more control. Still throw some ancient beat to death Max weight jls. I bought a few new ones and I didn't like the way they threw at all. So I'm sticking with the old one. Replaced the qolf with a Dx firebird. Easier to replace and I can get a bit more distance out of if with the same or more fade.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I found the Polaris LS to be more akin to a leopard - a slightly understable fairway driver. The JLS reminded me of a Eagle-L or CHeetah, in that it was a slightly faster (than a polaris at least) fairway driver with some turn, and a decent bit of fade. The Orion LS is very similar to a stable sidewinder, and is a decent bit faster than the previously listed two drivers. I could see carrying the Polaris LS with the Orion LS but I think all three (and even the Orion LF) could all be in the same bag.

Last edited:
All previous info on JLS/Polaris LS is spot on. The only reason to bag both of them is if you bag a Sirius Polaris LS, because many come out FAF and super beefy. It is a shorter firebird.

Orion LS I would compare directly to a Viking. Straight flyer, not a lot of S curve tendency. Sirius Orion LS has the same FAF molding and is directly comparable to a firebird.

Polaris: Cheetah Top/Whippet Wing
JLS: Teebird top/Whippet Wing
OLS: Wraith/Starfire top/unique Millennium wing.

Polaris are mostly Leopards. Little more wiggle maybe.
JLS are the best overall fairway ever made for medium power players. SUPER workable. Tons of glide. Has a weird ability to just stay in the air and you really can work it to do just about anything except fight a headwind.
OLS is a true workhorse for medium power players. Solid speed 9 driver in the vein of the Valkyrie. Less wiggle. More go-straight. I used to throw OLS (and still would if I had to fill the slot of a well-seasoned OLF for a minute). It's a near perfect controllable mildy-OS/mostly-neutral driver. Put it in the Valk, Sidewinder, Viking vein. Honestly, a JLS can get almost as far at a much slower speed.
I think OLF/JLS is a nearly perfect pairing.

Latest posts