• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Quasar

Keep avoiding things because of their lack of a sexy name.

You realize this THREAD got our attention because of the QUASAR name...

Attention all disc manufacturer's: Be it made known henceforth and from now on that if you NAME a disc, the chances of people talking about increase 47.3% due to the ease of saying it vs. initially describing it.

If you want to MAKE MONEY...Name your Disc...

That is all. Peace and Chicken Grease.

I like the Quasar name...But I'm a sucker for science-y stuff in general. The sparkles are a nice touch as well. I hope that doesn't just end up being a first run thing.

I know how consistent flying and predictable the Quasar is in Q plastic, but I can't help but be curious as to how it will fly in M and S plastics. I wonder how long I'll have to wait to find out?

I shifted away from millenium when i first started because their naming system was confusing to me. After the intial disc learnig curve was passed i never went back and checked again. It makes sense to me now, but there was so much info to take in that i skipped it at the time

I'm looking at it now, but am happy/comfortable with my bag too...

I never understood people who say this. I just posted this elsewhere, but...

MF - Midrange fade
MS - Midrange straight
JLS - ?just? long straight
OLF - Long fade
OLS - Long straight

As opposed to:

Firebird - wtf?
Teerex - wtf?
Wraith - wtf?
Nuke - wtf?
Drone - wtf?
Aviar - wtf?

People bitch about Millenniums confusing names, but they're one of the only companies that names their discs based on what they do, instead of pulling the name of some mythological creature out of their ass.

Either way as soon as we have a dry day I'll make a Quasar / DD test video.

discmania names things after what they do kinda, not to the extent that millennium does

I never understood people who say this. I just posted this elsewhere, but...

MF - Midrange fade
MS - Midrange straight
JLS - ?just? long straight
OLF - Long fade
OLS - Long straight

As opposed to:

Firebird - wtf?
Teerex - wtf?
Wraith - wtf?
Nuke - wtf?
Drone - wtf?
Aviar - wtf?

People bitch about Millenniums confusing names, but they're one of the only companies that names their discs based on what they do, instead of pulling the name of some mythological creature out of their ass.

Either way as soon as we have a dry day I'll make a Quasar / DD test video.

I wasn't bitching, and am not confused currently... I tried to explain my position and it seems your just not getting it. It has to do with the complexity of the name, it's a marketing thing. You want you name to be snazzy and get people's attention. It should be something that encourages memory, not describes flight. The way they do it is fine, but i think they're discouraging the average consumer. If i don't know anything about discing, i'm getting the one that catches my eye or has a name i remember.

It's fine for hardcores, you gotta look at it from a newby perspective. This is why they don't have the following, they lose the consumer as soon as he steps in the door

Wish that was my case. Only store that ever sold them closed down a year ago. That's where I got my first QOLFs.

Eh, I think it's more because they don't do any advertising, they aren't in any stores except internet stores, and no one ever talks about their discs.

They sell Millennium discs in Academy stores where I am, so I've been trying them out slowly. Just got a Millennium JLS that I'm liking so far. It's one of the few drivers that I can forehand and backhand about equally. I get more s curves throwing it forehand, but it has enough stability to almost always come back.

I wasn't bitching, and am not confused currently... I tried to explain my position and it seems your just not getting it. It has to do with the complexity of the name, it's a marketing thing. You want you name to be snazzy and get people's attention. It should be something that encourages memory, not describes flight. The way they do it is fine, but i think they're discouraging the average consumer. If i don't know anything about discing, i'm getting the one that catches my eye or has a name i remember.

It's fine for hardcores, you gotta look at it from a newby perspective. This is why they don't have the following, they lose the consumer as soon as he steps in the door

Most of those acronyms are just the acronyms for them. OLF = Orion Long Fade, and it says that on the disc itself (or at least all the discs had names in the original Millennium plastic). Millennium was also originally created to capture the market segment that didn't want to throw Innova because Innova was "The Man". Translation: its purpose was originally to be like the emo punk band that has indie appeal to kids but is really put out by contracting with a huge corporation. Hope my explanation made sense.

The standard stamps on Sirius and Millennium plastics are great in my opinion, but all of the Q-plastic stamps SUCK!!! The S/M plastic stamps have astronomical themes, while the theme for Q-plastic is a big 'Q' followed by the name or acronym, like QOLF, QOLS, QMS, etc. And often those don't even mention the actual name (ie: QMS = Aurora in Q plastic).

Mill rarely does marketing but they recently got new owners and things are looking up for the company - the Quasar and Astra are the first new molds from them since like 2006. Previously, the only juice coming from Millennium were the new runs of Omega Supersofts, since they're basically selling complete runs of Supersofts (1.26 was the first R-Pro run, 1.30 is the current run).

I think I lost mine...saw this thread and went looking for it. No ruck

should we say hopefully less time than those of us waiting for a QEXP1????

I exchanged emails with the Millennium guys when they said the EXP1 was available in all of their plastics. They corrected the web site and told me in their emailed reply that it would NEVER happen. (I want one in sirius plastic). What a shame.

I have some experience with a quasar and my buddy throws it quite a bit. He says the closest thing it comes to for him is a boss. Seems pretty stable. It will not flip over on you.

Quasar throws at 0:53, 1:26, 2:48 and 4:00. Nothing special but you can see its not a total meathook or anything.

do you have a rep as that guy who throws frisbees on the soccer fields without his shirt on?

Latest posts