• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minneapolis/St. Paul

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
I know this has been discussed before.

I am taking a friend to the Twin Cities for the first time, to show him what disc golf is really about. We will arrive approximately 9:00 am on Tuesday, Oct 14 and have until sundown Wednesday evening. Willing to drive to outlying suburbs, but only have two days to work with. Course traffic is not an issue, in fact I think it would be fun for him to see the crowds. So I'm thinking bare minimum:

Blue Ribbon Pines
Kaposia*
Bryant Lake*
Oakwood
The Valley

Other possibilities I can think of:

Kenwood
Acorn*
Lakewood*
CP Adams*

*Courses I have played.

Can those of you from the area add any courses or give recommendations beyond my top 5? I have also played Plymouth and Basset Creeks, Bethel and Shakopee, but as much as I would like to return to Basset, I just don't think we will have time for any of those.

Required reading:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67338

Keep in mind that Kenwood, while one of the best courses in the area, is not open during school hours. With daylight losing minutes every day, you might not have enough time to really get to enjoy the course during a weekday.

Your best bet is to maximize your experience by lumping close courses together: Kaposia, The Valley, Oakwood; Blue Ribbon, Acorn, Lakewood; Bryant, Crown, Elm Creek, and then something smaller like Bassett and Plymouth; or Hidden Lake, Millstream, Riverside, Clearwater, and Becker if you are willing to head to the Saint Cloud area. I can even give you a quick round at Clearwater if you can make it Tuesday at 4pm or Elm Creek by 4:30.

Come play Slacker league at 11 am Wednesday at The Valley. See how easy it is around here to stumble onto a league with a few world-class players just being relaxed and having fun with other guys who are hoping to break 72.

Someone last night told me last night while I was attempting to navigate C.P. Adams that you basically have to have a shaman to find your way around... unless you know the course it's really, really frustrating to find your way around..

Thanks guys. Tentative schedule as follows: I think we may arrive in the Twin Cities a bit later than originally thought, probably about noon. Entering from the southwest, it seems to make the most sense to me to play Bryant Lake first. After that, head to GGGT and try to get to BRP before rush hour. Wednesday morning we will be at Kaposia as the sun comes up, with The Valley and Oakwood to follow. Thanks for the invite, Steve! Time allowing, try to arrive at Kenwood prior to rush hour and finish our trip there, before heading back. Discing is allowed after school hours, right?

Latest posts