• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota Amateur League about to start 6th Season

schedule

Do you know the schedule of the monthly events? Was last years Ace race in Becker?

Do you know the schedule of the monthly events? Was last years Ace race in Becker?

I do have it with me, but not handy at the moment. I will definitely have it for tomorrow at the player's meeting.

There were a lot of Ace Races in the Twin Cities area last year, but we were the ones who ran it at Becker. This year I scheduled us for the first weekend it is available so hopefully we can get a better draw. Now that we kind of know what we are doing, it will be even better.

My buddy brought my son to that ace race. My buddy actually won the event. He said you were a good group that seemed very cool. I'm looking forward to attending.

great googely moogely Motley was fun. Hit basket on 7 the first time through, one of my CTP's held up. Can't wait for Saturday.

great googely moogely Motley was fun. Hit basket on 7 the first time through, one of my CTP's held up. Can't wait for Saturday.

We had a great time. I wish more than 11 showed up, but hey, for first time out with this concept and I had a lot of run, so I cannot complain too much.

I am actually kind of shocked no one aced yesterday. I saw several good runs and a couple of metal hits. I even buzzed the basket twice. I guess no one wanted that 11 dollar ace pool.

April 22nd at Rosland is the next Motley event. Bring your big boy drives; there are no approaches, no second shots, and no putting. 18 straight holes of CTPs. It is going to get wicked-crazy fun if we get more people to show for this.

As for this Saturday and the BALRODG league, playing skins at most of our other scheduled courses is going to be a pretty normal and fun day at the park. Playing skins at Wabun, now that is going to be pressure. In the third round where you were not with us yesterday, I would have scored one skin as well as Justin A and Justin S. In the two rounds you were with us, I would have score two skins and Jim would have had one. Then again, we had groups of five and six yesterday, and Saturday we will be limiting flight sizes to no more than four players.

One of the league rules is that there are no ties for flight winners; there is either sudden death playoff or a CTP throw to determine the winner (one of the sticking points still needing to be addressed by the Founders).

Yeah skins at Wabun in groups of 4 will be tough. Especially with not being limited to putters and there are a couple holes that are better driven with a mid (at least for me). If anyone has more than 1 skin I will be really surprised, cause the wind was really a factor yesterday in putting. I missed a lot of putts that I wouldn't normally cause of the wind, on a calm day it makes a difference.

We had a great time. I wish more than 11 showed up, but hey, for first time out with this concept and I had a lot of run, so I cannot complain too much.

I am actually kind of shocked no one aced yesterday. I saw several good runs and a couple of metal hits. I even buzzed the basket twice. I guess no one wanted that 11 dollar ace pool.

April 22nd at Rosland is the next Motley event. Bring your big boy drives; there are no approaches, no second shots, and no putting. 18 straight holes of CTPs. It is going to get wicked-crazy fun if we get more people to show for this.

As for this Saturday and the BALRODG league, playing skins at most of our other scheduled courses is going to be a pretty normal and fun day at the park. Playing skins at Wabun, now that is going to be pressure. In the third round where you were not with us yesterday, I would have scored one skin as well as Justin A and Justin S. In the two rounds you were with us, I would have score two skins and Jim would have had one. Then again, we had groups of five and six yesterday, and Saturday we will be limiting flight sizes to no more than four players.

One of the league rules is that there are no ties for flight winners; there is either sudden death playoff or a CTP throw to determine the winner (one of the sticking points still needing to be addressed by the Founders).

Can a Hizzle play the Motley event at Rosland? I live near there.

Yeah skins at Wabun in groups of 4 will be tough. Especially with not being limited to putters and there are a couple holes that are better driven with a mid (at least for me). If anyone has more than 1 skin I will be really surprised, cause the wind was really a factor yesterday in putting. I missed a lot of putts that I wouldn't normally cause of the wind, on a calm day it makes a difference.

Thus the reason for it being a preseason and it does not count toward the season total. There is no sane reason to run an actual skins event there at such a small course. That is why this league concentrates on the bigger courses.

As for putting, I think most people were in that boat yesterday. I, however, did incredibly well compared to how I normally putt. In the last month I have changed my stance and routine and I think it is paying off. I missed two jump putts from outside 35 feet, missed one from 20 feet that I know I should have made, and I had one splash out of the chains. Beyond that, I made all the putts I needed to make.

Can a Hizzle play the Motley event at Rosland? I live near there.

Motley is open to everyone and regular attendance is not required. Much like Westside Wednesday, WWW, Solberg's, and whatnot, you can play every once in a while or you can play and work up a season's score. The top three players with the most CTPs by the end of the year will be the league champs.

2 dollars gets you in.

This meets once a month and always on a Sunday at 2pm.

Motley is open to everyone and regular attendance is not required. Much like Westside Wednesday, WWW, Solberg's, and whatnot, you can play every once in a while or you can play and work up a season's score. The top three players with the most CTPs by the end of the year will be the league champs.

2 dollars gets you in.

This meets once a month and always on a Sunday at 2pm.

How are payouts decided?

Brand new smell

Hey fellas. I've been looking to break into groups like this. I have been playing recreationally for ten years, mostly in St. Cloud area, and would love to join in the fun. I could make it to Wabun if we are playing early enough. I have a flight at 5pm that night out to AZ.

Hey fellas. I've been looking to break into groups like this. I have been playing recreationally for ten years, mostly in St. Cloud area, and would love to join in the fun. I could make it to Wabun if we are playing early enough. I have a flight at 5pm that night out to AZ.

Player's meeting starts at 10am. Most returning player's know the Spiel so I only really have to cover the scoring/ standing system which has been evolving for six years. Most new players will easily and quickly pick up on what we are about. This meeting should last about 10 minutes, depending on how often I get interrupted by Ryan trying to make a joke and Nate and Sean having to respond to that joke with their own.

From there we are playing 27 holes of skins play. I am guessing this should take under 3 hours total.

Come out and see what we are about. You do not have to commit to the league and pay your fee until April if you are interested.

Plan on 30 mins for the meeting because most of us are goofballs that have trouble showing up on time and will make jokes because we can.

The actual play will take a lot less time. If we aren't done in 2 hours I'll be surprised. I expect the course to be fairly empty.

Looking forward to a good time.

Hey. Quick question for you guys. Do you know of a good place to purchase discs around the 494 area and south of there? The place I used to go and was awesome is in St Cloud where I used to live. I live in Burnsville now but work and school are near the airport area and out towards Edina. I haven't found a place that has a good selection. If they have anything they have basic Innova discs and they are crammed into a little basket with no variety being just a few different colors of beasts, archangels, wraiths and a few putters. Any in store places would be helpful. Thanks guys!

Hey. Quick question for you guys. Do you know of a good place to purchase discs around the 494 area and south of there? The place I used to go and was awesome is in St Cloud where I used to live. I live in Burnsville now but work and school are near the airport area and out towards Edina. I haven't found a place that has a good selection. If they have anything they have basic Innova discs and they are crammed into a little basket with no variety being just a few different colors of beasts, archangels, wraiths and a few putters. Any in store places would be helpful. Thanks guys!

There is an Air Traffic around Burnsville, right off Cliff Road. Selection is decent but not fantastic. You will find everything you need in regards to Innova and Discraft, but I cannot speak for other brands. The one thing I do like is their disc swap meets. I wish I could hit more of them.

Otherwise, GGGT is just off 169, about 10 minutes north of 494. That is what 20-25 minutes from Burnsville? I work part time for them. There inventory is second to none in Minnesota.

If your talking about Mid-Town Coffee, whatever it is called in Saint Cloud, you will be pleasantly surprised. I used to live in Saint Cloud and the last time I visited Mid-Town their shelves were basically just a corner of the shop. I remember WalMart used to carry discs but that was before they moved out of their old location by Cub Foods. Scheels for a year or two had a decent selection but were horribly over priced.

Pricing-wise, GGGT is your best choice.

Thanks smark. When I lived in St Cloud I would actually hit Scheels in the mall, they had a ton plus they had the info boards from the companies too and they had a basket out to test them a little and if you were careful you could find a decent price for them....sometimes.
I will have to hit up GGGT this week then!

Thanks smark. When I lived in St Cloud I would actually hit Scheels in the mall, they had a ton plus they had the info boards from the companies too and they had a basket out to test them a little and if you were careful you could find a decent price for them....sometimes.
I will have to hit up GGGT this week then!

I gave up on Scheels after they pulled their inventory for the winter and did not bring it back for at least two years. I am glad they are getting back into it. I like the people at Mid-Town but their inventory was rather small. WalMart only carried Innova DX.