• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MINNESOTA MAJESTIC 2017

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
I searched and didn't see a thread for this tourney this year. Just wanted to start it so people can share info.

July 1st-July2nd : Vision Quest and Blue Ribbon Pines. These are 2 of my favorite courses in the area. The tourney setting for VQ is going to be a mix of Red Tee's and Black Tee's. It will be a challenge for sure. Hopefully we have nice weather as it plays a HUGE factor at VQ.

Yeah good edit, Pro Majestic is next week. Am's is this weekend. I hope I can play like I have the last 2 weeks, but its been really busy for me/my family lately I haven't had any practice/prep time, kinda sucks

Any idea what it's like to spectate? Just moved back into town and was thinking of checking it out. How spectator friendly is the event?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parking sucks at either location, but BRP is easy to walk around and spectate. Bit tougher in the woods, but not bad.
I haven't been to VQ in a couple years now, so not sure if the new tees make any difference. Not like there will be thousands of people though, so might not be too bad.

Any idea what it's like to spectate? Just moved back into town and was thinking of checking it out. How spectator friendly is the event?

one year i called gregg barsby "kenny" cause of his videos and he looked at me like i was dumb. so id say not friendly at all.

one year i called gregg barsby "kenny" cause of his videos and he looked at me like i was dumb. so id say not friendly at all.

greg b only throws his mids 350. Im not too fond of him either. He even sucked at LANDO in kato. Im not going to pull up the tourney results but WOW he was terrible. Even the local chumps beat him in that field.

Didn't the DGPT have this on their schedule last year?

Haven't seen a thing about it on the FB.

Clearly, Cam Todd only shot a +2 today.

Did he have his putters from 1990 or are those all on dollar auctions?

And see, Sexton didnt play again this year. Too soft. He would have felt bad taking everyones money, so he left it for the local pros to championship this A tier event..

I would say the lack of coverage is from a huge lack of camera angles. It's pretty flat on those courses and lots and lots of trees. Getting a good angle for throws on camera could be next to impossible. With the recent trend towards more coverage(not all a bad thing) we are probably going to see a lot of courses being dropped.

I would say the lack of coverage is from a huge lack of camera angles. It's pretty flat on those courses and lots and lots of trees. Getting a good angle for throws on camera could be next to impossible. With the recent trend towards more coverage(not all a bad thing) we are probably going to see a lot of courses being dropped.

Vision Quest - Aside for a few tight spots in Holes 7-13, the rest of the course is wide open and has a ton of spots cameras could get a great angle. They even have an observation tower overlooking 4, 14-18 that could get some great overhead shots that do not require a drone.

BRP - has been label "soft" because even in the woods it has fairly wide fairways. Only holes like 7-8 would be difficult to film.

HSSA - Only the par 4 in the woods would be difficult to film. Everything else is fairly wide open because the challenge of HSSA is the wind and elevation.

These courses are not that difficult to film. I guess it all depends on how distracting a camera man is peaking around a tree 300+ away.

Did he have his putters from 1990 or are those all on dollar auctions?

And see, Sexton didnt play again this year. Too soft. He would have felt bad taking everyones money, so he left it for the local pros to championship this A tier event..

That, plus what his & his wife's baby is less than two weeks old. Priorities.