• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Minnesota winters

Taking the day off from teaching on Friday; definitely need the mental health day. I am thinking about hitting up Kaposia around 8am so I can beat rush hour home (especially in this weather). Hopefully the course is beaten down a little bit so the snow is not too abusive.

If it has not seen love yet, then I will likely head up to BRP. I do not know if he has done it yet, but years prior Ray takes out a snowmobile or four-wheeler, tows a weight or something behind it, and compacts all the snow in the fairway, making it harder for discs to slice underneath.

wWw - Winter Westside Wednesday - 6pm tee

12/12/12 - Hansen Park
12/19/12 - Plymouth Creek
12/26/12 - Staring Lake Park

I so wish I could make these. During the school year I am always at Cub Scouts or waiting at home for my kids to get home from church. They walk in the door at 8:15 but whenever I attend WW I do not get home until 9:30. It also does not help that I commute from Mille Lacs to Maple Grove and do not even get into the Cities until 5:45.

During the summer I can attend more, but it is not the same as playing in the winter. I rarely get to play the above listed courses in a semi-competitive atmosphere.

I believe that is its normal spot when Solberg runs leagues and tournaments. Somehow through some magic I usually get a two on that shot. A Hornet or Ghost thrown softly usually finds that narrow opening and using some acrobatic stretching I can putt in for a two.

Normally it's not so close to the creek because it's either too high or the sand is too soft.

DonB, you've inspired me. :clap:

It's supposed to be in the mid 30s the next few days, so I'm gonna get out - we only have 5 inches or so in SE Minnesota.

Cannot play in the evening with WWW, but I do have the morning free from teaching. I am thinking BRP from 8am to noon. I would like to play Kaposia or some other big course, but they are all on the east side and with the roads being the way they are, I do not feel like a two hour commute to get there. Plus, I want to go somewhere where the tees are shovel and I will not have to look for discs in foot deep snow.

So, this might be a dumb question, but is there a subforum or anyplace where these meets are listed? Just curious how everyone knows where to meet on certain days.

Got out and threw a round today - fun. Snow and wind were present, but it felt good to get out after several days without playing.

Got out and threw a round today - fun. Snow and wind were present, but it felt good to get out after several days without playing.

Played BRP this morning. First round, no problem. I did not spend more than a minute looking for a disc. I posted an 85. Could have been 83 but I messed up Hole 26. Second round I started with three birdies, but then lost a Star Leopard somewhere on Hole 4 where I could have been close enough for a 3. Called it lost and then nearly lost an Icon Ghost on Hole 4. Started taking too many bogeys because I suddenly could not find the fairway. If you can throw cleanly like I did first round, you will have no problems finding your disc. Do what I did second round and you will not even bother finishing that round. I finished after 45 holes and one lost disc.

I am going to play Friday morning; thinking Kaposia around 8am.

Played BRP this morning. First round, no problem. I did not spend more than a minute looking for a disc. I posted an 85. Could have been 83 but I messed up Hole 26. Second round I started with three birdies, but then lost a Star Leopard somewhere on Hole 4 where I could have been close enough for a 3. Called it lost and then nearly lost an Icon Ghost on Hole 4. Started taking too many bogeys because I suddenly could not find the fairway. If you can throw cleanly like I did first round, you will have no problems finding your disc. Do what I did second round and you will not even bother finishing that round. I finished after 45 holes and one lost disc.

I am going to play Friday morning; thinking Kaposia around 8am.

Kaposia charge $5 all year? Or is it free in the winter?