• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] MINT Discs - Profit

Loving the Profit in Royal for putting inside sixty feet. Picking up another from one of my local disc stores tomorrow with the Thief stamp. These are great.

Loving the Profit in Royal for putting inside sixty feet. Picking up another from one of my local disc stores tomorrow with the Thief stamp. These are great.

I lied.. I picked up two new Profits... one with the Thief stamp and one with the small Piggy bank stamp.... both look and feel great.

Can we talk about these again since the teasers are on FB?
Curious to know how they fly in Sublime

The bacon is back! 3/29/22 at 7pm cst at www.mintdiscs.com
soft profits are exclusive to mint's website this time, sublime and will be available at your favorite retailer.

there's another surprise coming that will be revealed in time so keep your eyes peeled

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 11-02-28 Watch Facebook.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 11-02-28 Watch Facebook.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 11-02-40 Watch Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 11-02-40 Watch Facebook.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 11-03-22 Watch Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 11-03-22 Watch Facebook.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 11
nice and overstable :) a perfect compliment to the royal stock, more overstable than the stock royal and proto apex that was released for the swordstone tourney years ago but not a zone or anything.

I always wanted one of those protos, but they were always out of reach. Glad to hear your report - looks like I will be giving Profits another shot!

I always wanted one of those protos, but they were always out of reach. Glad to hear your report - looks like I will be giving Profits another shot!

yeah those were pretty nice, just straighter than these and likely didnt stay that way for too long being it was apex. these should last a good while since sublime tends to take a beating pretty well. MINT will be at the greater houston open this weekend, sunday they will have sublime profits for early sales but stock should be dropping soon within the next couple of weeks probably

Hyped. I don't throw much overstable plastic and with my power, the profit flies more like a zone. I don't pull it out often but when I do it's because it's the perfect disc for the shot. I've been tempted to pick up a swordstone multiple times but never pulled the trigger.

A couple of these and I'll be set for literal years unless I happen to lose them. Awesome. :thmbup:

Hyped. I don't throw much overstable plastic and with my power, the profit flies more like a zone. I don't pull it out often but when I do it's because it's the perfect disc for the shot. I've been tempted to pick up a swordstone multiple times but never pulled the trigger.

A couple of these and I'll be set for literal years unless I happen to lose them. Awesome. :thmbup:

yes sir i think these will last a good while, only time will tell. royals just stay straight for a really long time so its a good compliment to them. im throwing a 167 right now and its pretty perfect at that weight and straight as heck in a heavy headwind with a touch of fade. in a calm wind, they show more bite on the fade. i have yet to throw a heavy but im thinking they should be a little more high speed stable.

MINT will be at the greater houston open this weekend, sunday they will have sublime profits for early sales but stock should be dropping soon within the next couple of weeks probably

Yeah I'm going to go to Evergreen Sunday morning. Gotta take advantage of an early release in my hometown!

Mannnn I found one of these in a used bin at my local shop, and it feels awesome. I've been putting with the Penrose, and the Profit feels like a shallower, flat top Penrose. Even the plastic feels similar (I put with the OG Firm Penrose) they fly similar as well. Profit seems to have a touch less glide which is I kind of like, but both are nice and stable. I'll keep it in the putter pocket, and if the Penrose isn't coming out of my hand right that day, I'll give the Profit a whirl. Definitely wanna pick up premium as thrower.

Mannnn I found one of these in a used bin at my local shop, and it feels awesome. I've been putting with the Penrose, and the Profit feels like a shallower, flat top Penrose. Even the plastic feels similar (I put with the OG Firm Penrose) they fly similar as well. Profit seems to have a touch less glide which is I kind of like, but both are nice and stable. I'll keep it in the putter pocket, and if the Penrose isn't coming out of my hand right that day, I'll give the Profit a whirl. Definitely wanna pick up premium as thrower.

nice to hear you scooped one up! i felt and threw a penrose a few weeks ago and i agree with you, the profit is more shallow but just as stable. a premium profit would work great to compliment either putter! which drop tonight at 7pm cst at www.mintdiscs.com other retailers have the stock sublime profit. if you're on facebook, or instagram mint discs fan page is a great spot for info and updates. the main mint discs page on fb or ig are also great to follow.

The long-awaited premium profit in sublime plastic is dropping tonight, along with the first run of soft royal profits! So I figured I'd lay down a small review of the latest and greatest from our fam at MINT DISCS
sublime first.

My first impression of the sublime profit is worth the wait! Since I have only thrown my proto and a few swordstone protos, I was curious how it would compare in sublime plastic. Texas has been windy as heck lately, with gusts reaching well into the 30mp range and really putting my discs to the test. The first sublime I grabbed was 167g, but zach reassured me it was nice and overstable and that man aint no liar! granted, it's not a zone or torque resistant mold, but it is a little more overstable than the royal profit, which is great news! throwing a 167 and a heavier 174 didnt really show much difference to be honest, both were reliably overstable and flew as planned.

RHBH shots: I was able to see that trusty profit flight but with a little more stability to handle power shots while still pushing forward and finishing left. myself and some team mates have described them as mini bobcats because of the consistency and reliability in them, and I'm sure others will agree. they do seem to have a little less glide than the royals, but thats usually the case since royal molds up differently and wears in quickly. It's not a bad thing. I actually like that because it's very easy to range still, and you know where it's going to go. I feel it's the perfect option to have when not wanting to throw the bobcat but needing that little ground play and distance of a putter still.

RHFH shots , you see more of a straighter flight due to more spin generated in the Fh, but its point and shoot and easy to control since it's not a meat hook or one trick pony. Now I don't have the cleanest fh for putters, but it's been making me feel more confident in working on it.

the line shaping capabilities with this disc still run deep so if you have not had the chance to try the profit, i think its time 🙂 having a stock premium option also makes me love the mold even more now since i wont have to worry about having trouble replacing one. couple that with the beautifully durable sublime plastic and a tick more stability, and you've got money in your hands!

Now about these softs...
Where do I start? I've been jonesing for a soft royal profit for a while now, probably since the soft bobs came out. These are a little more soft than the last run of soft bullets, not gummy floppy stuff but a soft plate, rigid rim for some good thumb contact. It's getting warm out, so these just keep feeling better and I've since swapped out my first run royals for a pair of softies. So far, it's been a great switch for me since I've always preferred soft putters. I'm noticing that they grab chains very well, so well that the basket seemed to not want to give them back to me! Am I coming off too clingy? probably? maybe? ok, yes I am but this is love at first sight all over again and we just bought furniture together.

TL;DR - Do you know the feeling you get when you're cutting wrapping paper and the scissors start to glide through it? Or do you remember that feeling you got when you just finished swimming and your mom made you that ham and cheese sandwhich, but then you put doritos in it and smash it ...thats how satisfying these profits are!

7pm cst tonight, don't forget! www.mintdiscs.com or check with your favorite retailer to see if they will have stock sublime and stock medium royals

Attachments

• 277171398_10158791421492794_8006891544912218596_n.jpg
    277171398_10158791421492794_8006891544912218596_n.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 13
The long-awaited premium profit in sublime plastic is dropping tonight, along with the first run of soft royal profits! So I figured I'd lay down a small review of the latest and greatest from our fam at MINT DISCS
sublime first.

My first impression of the sublime profit is worth the wait!

I've got a few putters in the bag, Pures for putting, Envy's and a gold Pure for throwing. But I picked up the profit on a whim and started mixing it in with putting practice and it's just so good and it has me looking more and more as using them to replace my Pure's. I am curious with the sublime available if anyone things these are a sufficient replacement to the envy as well. Don't get me wrong I love the envy...but the idea of a Sublime, semi-fresh royal, beat up royal to cover throwing with a couple softies for putting is extremely tempting...The problem is the envy has been such a staple in my bag I am not sure I can part ways with it altogether. I am just curious how similar these two discs are.

I've got a few putters in the bag, Pures for putting, Envy's and a gold Pure for throwing. But I picked up the profit on a whim and started mixing it in with putting practice and it's just so good and it has me looking more and more as using them to replace my Pure's. I am curious with the sublime available if anyone things these are a sufficient replacement to the envy as well. Don't get me wrong I love the envy...but the idea of a Sublime, semi-fresh royal, beat up royal to cover throwing with a couple softies for putting is extremely tempting...The problem is the envy has been such a staple in my bag I am not sure I can part ways with it altogether. I am just curious how similar these two discs are.

i think you could make due with profits if you really wanted to replace the envy though its more personal preference obviously. i know some that have replaced them with the profit , i currently use softs, med royal and a sublime for profit slots, a bullet also for those less stable shots. every shot is pretty well covered for me.

THanks for the response, Booter. I am loving the soft profit for putting, will Mint be running soft profits fairly often or should I scoop up several now?

THanks for the response, Booter. I am loving the soft profit for putting, will Mint be running soft profits fairly often or should I scoop up several now?

initially, there were talks about a 2nd run of softs at the end of this year, i havent heard any different but id say if you can get them, grab a couple more. i love mine and have been using the same ones since they dropped