• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

Do you have any more discs close to production or are further offers in mote of a planning stage?

Because let's just say that people who may or may not have an affinity for the plastics your discs have a striking similar look of would really like overstable mids and putters. *wink wink*

ZJ was (or maybe still is) sponsored by Legacy, and that looks a lot like their plastic. Just saying.

Do you have any more discs close to production or are further offers in mote of a planning stage?

Because let's just say that people who may or may not have an affinity for the plastics your discs have a striking similar look of would really like overstable mids and putters. *wink wink*

Putter is 100% next. Hopefully this year.

I don't see us ever pumping out a new mold a month either. I've been pretty against that business model since my days at Disc Nation. I've been on the retail side of things and it is incredibly overwhelming for some of these companies to add 20 new releases from each manufacturer in each major sales season(spring and holidays). No offense to any companies that do that either. I would rather people be able to remember all our disc names.

ZJ was (or maybe still is) sponsored by Legacy, and that looks a lot like their plastic. Just saying.

Was :popcorn:

I honestly declined staying on with Legacy because I needed a break from competitive disc golf when I left DN. I still throw the Outlaw and Clozer though. Great discs that will probably be major inspirations on our future models if my partners let me have my way haha.

Last edited:
Putter is 100% next. Hopefully this year.

I don't see us ever pumping out a new mold a month either. I've been pretty against that business model since my days at Disc Nation. I've been on the retail side of things and it is incredibly overwhelming for some of these companies to add 20 new releases from each manufacturer in each major sales season(spring and holidays). No offense to any companies that do that either. I would rather people be able to remember all our disc names.

Nothing wrong with making a few molds, and making them perfectly, to exactly the way you want.

well, looks like i need to to and try it. streamline really didn't do much for me.

like pokémon. gotta throw 'am all

Just bought a blue Alpha in Apex, excited to throw it once I get it. Wish you had a blue sparkle one in prot...Eternal :)

That "Sublime" plastic looks tasty. 1/2 Metalflake and 1/2 with that G-Star style swirly metallic pearling. How is the stiffness on Sublime? Definitely look forward to trying some MINT soon.

Nevermind. I guess I'll just see how the plastic feels when it comes in the mail. :D

I'm such a junkie.

Haha. Well it isn't too stiff. The gold sparkle is a little firmer, with more dome. The sea foam green is a little softer and flatter(but still with dome).

Hey ZJ, good to see you around!

Will the Alpha be available in weights < 170 grams?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Very important question.......

especially to us older players.......
(many of us with expendable dollars)

see RDG tyrant thread...
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119238

more specifically from JCass himself.......

"As much as I wanted the Tyrant to be the PERFECT stability for everyone out of the box, I am glad that it is flying on the more OS side of the spectrum.

There are plenty of things we can do to make future runs a lot more workable but I just really wanted to avoid the seemingly perpetual failure by manufacturers setting out to make a Teebird like disc only to find it to be less reliable.
The Tyrant was never planned to be a Teebird clone. If I wanted a Teebird I would have just kept throwing them. Instead I wanted a Teebird + Banshee mold. While closer to the Banshee, I think we are definitely in the ball park of what I wanted.

Now we just need to get some lighter weights and test out different plastic blends to get a full spectrum of straight to fade for this glorious mold.
Thanks for the support guys. I can't wait to hear how they are seasoning in for you "

FWIW, Apex is definitely a little more overstable than Eternal. I personally prefer the Eternal flight a little more, but as a rule I generally prefer straighter discs. Also my Apex has more dome. I have the light blue in both plastics.

I think the 8/4/0/2 rating is pretty accurate. Maybe 8/4/0/2.5 for Apex.

Flight wise it's kind of somewhere in between an Eagle-X and a PD, but not really as much turnover as an Eagle.

But because of the dome, it FEELS different in the hand to me than some other discs in this range. Players who like domier discs will love this flight and the glide I think.

Thanks!

We hope in time to get lower, but for now this what we will have. Some protos were in the 160s so it is definitely possible.

I will suggest that if you want the easiest to throw Alpha then you should try the Eternal Blue ones. These probably fall more in the 1-1.5 fade and are my go-to neutral fairway right now. I basically use various Alphas for every speed 7-9 shot.

FWIW, Apex is definitely a little more overstable than Eternal. I personally prefer the Eternal flight a little more, but as a rule I generally prefer straighter discs. Also my Apex has more dome. I have the light blue in both plastics.

I think the 8/4/0/2 rating is pretty accurate. Maybe 8/4/0/2.5 for Apex.

Flight wise it's kind of somewhere in between an Eagle-X and a PD, but not really as much turnover as an Eagle.

But because of the dome, it FEELS different in the hand to me than some other discs in this range. Players who like domier discs will love this flight and the glide I think.

Pretty accurate here. We debated a lot before settling on 2 Fade because we knew some were over and some under. But is that pretty common in disc molding so went with what the majority of the discs were.

We'll put out a list soon about how each color flies. Trying to get some more feedback before we go live with that.

I'll be doing a lot of the things with MINT that as a DGCR nut I always wanted to see manufacturers do. Attention to detail.

Last edited:
picture.php

picture.php

Can't wait to take them out for a test drive! Assuming the weather lets me....

Latest posts