• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

Since zj isn't saying, can you confirm whether these seem to be molded by MVP or Legacy?

I will leave that to ZJ to confirm. It wouldn't feel right. OR you can order an Alpha and maybe have your questions answered.

I will leave that to ZJ to confirm. It wouldn't feel right. OR you can order an Alpha and maybe have your questions answered.

d44a02239029ab2028ad5ec6c7ba7177_i-plead-the-fifth-meme-memesuper-plead-the-fifth-meme_625-406.jpeg

sublime is the most stable of the plastics.

eternal - least
apex
sublime - most

Pretty much. Blue Eternal though is kinda the runt of the litter in stability though. Definitely the straightest(fade closer to 1), but probably the most loved from the feedback we've seen. Yellow and Orange Eternal fly pretty much exactly like the ratings.

Pretty much. Blue Eternal though is kinda the runt of the litter in stability though. Definitely the straightest(fade closer to 1), but probably the most loved from the feedback we've seen. Yellow and Orange Eternal fly pretty much exactly like the ratings.

Haha, I got a runt. I like pulling for the little guys.

Also, will your discs always have a "minty" version of a color. Because mine look like sticks of gum, spearmint and wintergreen.

Also, I noticed a visible line on the wing of the disc, not a bead, but I wouldn't call it flashing either, can you elaborate on that? Just a part of the process?

Haha, I got a runt. I like pulling for the little guys.

Also, will your discs always have a "minty" version of a color. Because mine look like sticks of gum, spearmint and wintergreen.

Also, I noticed a visible line on the wing of the disc, not a bead, but I wouldn't call it flashing either, can you elaborate on that? Just a part of the process?

Yeah we want to have that Mint green color every time. Its sold pretty well for us too, so I think it'll stick.

That line is the same thing you see on the bottom of any other disc where you normally feel flashing. Not intended for added stability or anything. Just a bi-product of the process.

For those in the Austin area. Come find me at Flying Armadillo HOTT tournament on Saturday or the Roy G workday. Free stickers and high five at least!

This sounds like a shorter PD, even down to there being examples to cover most of the stability spectrum. It's getting harder and harder to not pick up some testers.

This sounds like a shorter PD, even down to there being examples to cover most of the stability spectrum. It's getting harder and harder to not pick up some testers.

I definitely say you are close, only objection is that isn't really shorter. I can get this thing out to 450ft on a rope or pull it down and pinpoint it at 325ft. It has a lot of range. It responds incredibly well to the power and line you put it on.

Hopefully Booter chimes in on this since he's has thrown PDs a while. I'd argue it might be one of the most useful fairway/control types ever. You really only need this thing and whatever your choice of speed 11-13 is.

Honestly if this was me being ZJ giving a review, not the owner of MINT, I'd say the same things.

Shorter was the wrong adjective. Slower was what I meant. Thanks for making it even harder to resist. I'd really like to know who's producing them.

i was going to wait until i tested some more colors and plastics thoroughly but i think i can give a fair review on the disc itself after having it for a few weeks. ive been throwing the blue eternal and the white apex plastics and pulled out the 2nd run fd and the luster pd because i felt they were similar to those spots in my bag. the disc is truly something ive never really thrown before,i like to throw everything flat and carry multiple molds in different stabilities. With the eternal,i was able to throw it on a hyzer,anhyzer and flat and it flew like 3 different discs. i found it to fly very close to my 2nd run fd in stability when thrown flat. it responded well to spin and power and was sometimes underestimated on the distance potential. i was throwing it on shots where i would sometimes reach for a wraith or something faster.the eternal ,even though it is the least stable of all the colors and plastics,held up fine in majority of the winds i have dealt with. you know how you get used to only using discs for one particular kind of shot and in one particular type of wind? thats what was hard for me,to trust this disc on lines i normally would not use it on. the glide and forward penetration reminded me of why i loved pds so much and was why i felt they compared to it almost perfectly. the apex plastic feels just as great as the eternal,just more tacky and great grip. these discs arent brick stiff or super gummy,theyre perfect if you just like the right amount of give in a workhorse. the eternal has more hss and lss and compares closer to the pd numbers than the eternal does but they pair together nicely. the eternal can handle a little more power and flies consitently stable but isnt a one trick pony. the feel of the mold is very comfortable and just begs to be thrown on any line FH or BH.

when i spoke to zj over a year ago ,he told me about this disc and at the time i didnt really see them kicking out my pd's tbh. ive thrown pd's since 2010 and have had a stock pile for years and have always loved that mold. the one thing i never liked was once it got to that sweet spot,i had to guard it with my life in fear of losing it. with these,its like i can just go pick one up and throw it on more lines than one and not really worry about taking the time to replace it. i do think my pd's are in trouble,ive not been this impressed with disc in a while.i love the plastics,feeling is a huge factor for me in what discs i throw.i tend to throw a lot of star type plastics in drivers with a few in champion type so the grip and stiffness were both to my liking.

im hoping to grab a sublime and a couple other colors next week at the launch party,just to find out what i truly prefer in the mold. I am impressed though and look forward to seeing what they come up with next.

i typed the wrong plastic in these 2 sentences,i meant to say apex instead of eternal.

"the APEX has more hss and lss and compares closer to the pd numbers than the eternal does but they pair together nicely. the APEX also can handle a little more power and flies consitently stable but isnt a one trick pony."

I want to support this company as a thank you for ZJ helping my game by posting great info here.

Is there a time-frame for sub-170g versions or is that more of a hope right now?

I want to support this company as a thank you for ZJ helping my game by posting great info here.

Is there a time-frame for sub-170g versions or is that more of a hope right now?

Not in this first run. It is something we wanted though. I really would suggest a Blue Eternal if you want something that will fly like a lighter weight one. Fade is definitely closer to 1.

And also thanks for the support and kind words! I'm going to try to be as active as I can be here, although I may not always answer every question :popcorn:.

I am in Zambia for the next four months ago I can be a little patient on the weight but would probably not want to wait until next year.

Sooo... Not saying anything specific, but doesn't this pearled plastic and weight sticker look familiar to some people?
3VZwOfy.jpg

NS0H5Nz.jpg

x8IyoSC.jpg

eMZkv2v.jpg

Really liking this disc. Great feeling rim with a mild dome, soft (but not too soft) grippy plastic - kinda reminds me of this year's Sexton Firebirds. It has that pliable, but still fairly firm and super grippy style. Plus, the thing kinda just bombs. I only grabbed one in Sublime plastic, but it's super straight, resists torque well, but doesn't fade out too much. Reminded me a lot of a CD2 or Teebird3. Just ultimate control disc.

Well done Mint. I'm thinking this may actually kick a couple of my beloved CD2s out of the bag. I love to support smaller companies and you guys hit a home run with the Alpha.

Latest posts