• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

Sure, the Matrix flies thay way for about 2 weeks. Craptastic plastic is that soft proton.

bummer, I have never owned/thrown one but from what I gathered it bends under a lil and then late fade kinda harder, but, I prefer the Buzzz for those shots, and the Alias for super straight placement shots.

I just need practice at this point, I have come to realize there isn't a magical disc....other than the Atom, Alias, and Mayhem.---and apparently I need an Alpha:popcorn::thmbup:

bummer, I have never owned/thrown one but from what I gathered it bends under a lil and then late fade kinda harder, but, I prefer the Buzzz for those shots, and the Alias for super straight placement shots.

I just need practice at this point, I have come to realize there isn't a magical disc....other than the Atom, Alias, and Mayhem.---and apparently I need an Alpha:popcorn::thmbup:
You forgot Comet. ;)

The matrix was my favorite OS mid ever...until it broke in. Sigh.

I would bag a Matrix replacement if you make one....and it is firm

You forgot Comet. ;)

The matrix was my favorite OS mid ever...until it broke in. Sigh.

I would bag a Matrix replacement if you make one....and it is firm

If you're interested the Reptilian Disc Golf - GILA is a Roc3 type mid that is a solid baseline plastic and is very flat. It starts pretty OS but works in to be very reliably Stable with OS hyzer finish.

If you're interested the Reptilian Disc Golf - GILA is a Roc3 type mid that is a solid baseline plastic and is very flat. It starts pretty OS but works in to be very reliably Stable with OS hyzer finish.

I have two Fossils. Board flat. Too fast to be a good mid the way I throw. They are in the verge of being fairway drivers.

I shouldn't recommend other brands...but its definitely a cool disc. Reminds me of old Sentinels more than anything.

Ok so I have a buddy who throws mostly DGA and so his fairway/control drivers are all pipelines. But even his more 'stable' Pipelines tend to turn on him. I suggested checking out an Alpha. I thought it would fit perfectly, A more HSS Pipeline, is that similar to alpha? And should I pick a certain type up or wait until 3rd run is released? idk just like to help a buddy out

Does anyone have experience with the 3rd run? How are they flying compared to the second run? Is there much variation by colour? If so what?
Zj, much info coming in yet?

I love that werewolf!!

3rd runs are the most overstable alphas,the true power fairway alpha run. if you have thrown the yellow apex 2nd run, its similar to that but better glide. the 3rd run sublime colors are consistent across the board with stability,might find an anomaly here and there due to a flatter dome but they are all ovestable.

3rd runs are the most overstable alphas,the true power fairway alpha run. if you have thrown the yellow apex 2nd run, its similar to that but better glide. the 3rd run sublime colors are consistent across the board with stability,might find an anomaly here and there due to a flatter dome but they are all ovestable.

Thanks booter!
I can choose from a blue, red, dark grey and copper. So they should all be more or less the same?
How stable is this run? I haven't thrown a yellow apex. Like fd3 stable? My 2nd run light blue sublime is pretty beefy (and also very flat), would theflight be comparable to that?

i think the flight is comparable to the fd3, i have only thrown one s line fd3 and id say that's a good comparison. the copper color was said to have a tick more stability than the other colors but i wouldn't say its really noticeable considering the stability of them all. they do have a pop top to them so the PLH is high in most,a buddy managed to find a flatter one that was a little less stable than the rest but they've been consistent otherwise

i know a few people who have taken out their firebirds for them,just because they were easier to FH and for the sake of mold minimalism. i FH mine more than my firebird but my firebird is the FAF opaque run from years ago that is really beefy and better for cut rollers IMO.

i know a few people who have taken out their firebirds for them,just because they were easier to FH and for the sake of mold minimalism. i FH mine more than my firebird but my firebird is the FAF opaque run from years ago that is really beefy and better for cut rollers IMO.

Oh wow, more stable than I thought. So the hss is a hard 0 then? And does the lss seem true at 2 or are we looking at 3?

The numbers really don't seem that useful sometimes, firebirds especially seem to expose that.
I tend to use Teebirds as a reference point, I know I know.. which one?... but a solid Tb doesn't feel one tick less lss than a fb to me.
And there's also how fast the fade kicks in.
This is where I really like my mild alphas, I find them more workeable (and there is some turn which helps this), same goes for my fd3. Where my fb wants start dipping it's wing almost out of my hand. Anyways, I digress ;-)
I do find the fb hurts my hand a bit on forehands, perhaps this 3rd run alpha will take those duties, thanks Booter

Does anyone have experience with the 3rd run? How are they flying compared to the second run? Is there much variation by colour? If so what?
Zj, much info coming in yet?

I love that werewolf!!

As Booter has said. These all came out with more fade than the previous runs of Alpha. They ended up being consistent in across every color. The consistency is ideal, the stability isn't. But again this is why we have that Serial #. It helps categorize these runs when we know there can be inconsistencies.

As Booter has said. These all came out with more fade than the previous runs of Alpha. They ended up being consistent in across every color. The consistency is ideal, the stability isn't. But again this is why we have that Serial #. It helps categorize these runs when we know there can be inconsistencies.

What do you think made the difference? And any guess why the colours had variation and now are consistent? I don't know a lot about disc manufacturering but my curiosity is piqued

What do you think made the difference? And any guess why the colours had variation and now are consistent? I don't know a lot about disc manufacturering but my curiosity is piqued

They molded with a higher parting line and turned out wing/rim.

The color itself has no factor in stability, but the best way I can describe it is like cooking. Change an ingredient like the type of flour or adjust the heat/time and you get different outcomes. Its more common in neutral drivers to see these inconsistencies because of where the wing sits.

I basically bought my third runs because of the cool looking stamp. The narly looking monster dude with blood dripping off his hand. The run of plastic pearly and sexy.

Also, I was hoping for something more stable than the second runs I had. Not a bad flight just a little more turn than I wanted.

So, yeah got em in the mail. Just couldn't get over the plastic and look. Definitely as good as it gets looks wise.

The dome for me was just too pronounced and yeah I typically like some dome. The flight was very os. Like nothing I would have expected.

The only thing I could compare them to was a thought of yester year a distant memory of the whippet x. my go to fairway os driver. super os and domey as heck.

These are in the collector bin. I have so many great os fairways that they just aren't going to be worth trying to put in my bag. Typically with just a poppy dome it limits grip for me.

All in all a great effort but I think they should have toned this down a bit. These are a bit extreme.

Last edited:
they werent trying to go with super OS, its just how the batch came out. if you think that was too os and wanted something more os than the 2nd runs, i would suggest trying the candy pink,candy green 2nd run eternal or maybe a 2nd run yellow apex but i would try the eternals first.