• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

2 close calls. Hole 14 Bijou at 265. Tried to take the larger hallway to the right with an Eagle. Released a bit early; it skipped and kissed the left side of the basket, as I see it from the teepad. And today at Auburn Regional Park in Auburn, California. Hole 15 on short was 215 and doglegged right. I took my max weight Star Leopard and threw it straight, since my sidearm is currently on suck mode. It hit a tree on the left, had enough juice to kick off and go forward, slamming the front of the basket missing the top by an inch or two. I feel with my technique, these ace runs will become more frequent, although I won't argue with a little bit of luck.

I have missed several at my home course but this one is the best as far as "misses" go. I have had several pole hits, basket hits, skips off the top of the basket hits :doh:. I have been meaning to post a pic of this one and haven't got to it. Well, wait no more!

This is hole #9 short, 243', at http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=6142&p=73c4edd6 , Highland Park DGC in Meridian, MS.

I just posted my first Ace ( as of today!) in the Ace thread and figured I would show my taco birdie/missed Ace too :D.

My trusty utility OS Avenger, I saw it hit and was like...no sound, no chains? Then I could see what had happened...just a few inches short...I will go ahead and say what you are thinking. Well, "That's what she said!" :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Ugh, I chain/pole/rimmed back out on hole 8 at Pioneer Park during the second 9 of our end of year league series. DX Classic Roc on a slight anny, late flex right at the pole and fhghfhthfhg kicked out to about 30' for a chained out birdie putt. Insult to injury with $230 in the ace pot and 13 months since my last HIO.

Yesterday I played the local 9-hole course at lunch. First hole is a little 205ft hole where you can go through or over some young trees.

Threw my first shot, a wizard hyzer over the trees. Bam, right off the front of the cage. Second shot I threw an anny with a comet. Bam, right off the side of the cage. Threw two more shots, then another hyzer with a scale. Skipped up and hit the bottom of the basket.

How is this possible???

This happened today. Hole #1 at Kentwood in Raleigh, 182 feet. I threw a Harp on a nice hyzer line. It hit the side of the basket, right at the top where the chains are connected. One inch lower!

I played nine holes Monday night and hit two baskets during that short round. Two witnesses. :)

Couple days ago ... 300 ft Firebird hyzer shot. Skipped up and hit the top rim of the basket. 1" higher = my longest ace ever.

Wow! An I missed my ace rant thread. Technically, every time you throw, and it's not an ace, you missed your ace....

Saw this thread up there again and realized I've hit metal on five tee shots in the last ten days, but it's been over 15 months since my last ace.

Still no ace to my name, but crushed chains on a huge 438ft downhill skip in ace run this past weekend! Was so sweet watching it, as it was the best throw of the day by any of our groups and would've been a 2 even without the chain smash. Don't care I don't have an ace after playing this long, those shots that go exactly where you put them are why I love to play!

I hit basket for only the second time since I started playing and the last time was about six years ago.

At http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1033 , I took to the 16th white tee going to the white pin position. I took my nicely beaten-in Champ Wraith and proceeded to throw a sweet sweeping hyzer that hit the front of the basket. At least it left me a drop in bird. Had it been high enough, I think it would have spit out left, and there is a hill there, so who knows, but it was cool. Next time I'll release higher.

Had a close one on hole 9 (280 ft give or take) at Murdock park in Lafayette IN. Threw a champ roc3 straight thru some trees and hit cage. Coulda sworn it was in. Oh well

Hit the chastity belt on #5, Robbins Park. Bummer. I've come mighty close to a skip ace on the same hole, but first time I've hit metal there!

Yesterday I came close to my first ace. Lamar Park CC TX hole #4 I whacked the top of the basket dead center with a RHFH Champ Boss shot. I wanted to cry because the shot was absolutely beautiful and my heart dropped as soon as it came out of my hand. Unfortunately... She got away..

Actually landed one on #5 at eager beaver, it hit the chains so hard it skipped out of the bottom of the basket! Would have been my first ace, too! Dammit!

I was playing at Country Course (private) in Louisburg, NC a couple weeks ago and skipped 2 different discs of the top of the homemade baskets in one round. Luckily I got a pure Ace on the signature hole #9 a little later to make me feel better.

Latest posts