• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

missed two aces at Fort Hamby on holes 6 & 13. Both down hill putter aces runs hit off the chastity belt. :doh:

Necro-bump

New course so no definitive numbers but hole 6, High Sierra Park in Billings, about 270', slightly downhill. I put my '06 Throwback Roc on a low, tight hyzer, comes in at the basket, skips and blasts off the top edge of the cage. Maybe 6" low. Whah, whah, whaaaah.

almost had my first ace. hole 13 at big eau pleine park in mosinee, wi. threw a high hyzer with a fuzion trespass. tombstoned a foot away from the pole. :(

Hole 3 at 7 oaks park nashville. A little over 300 with a slight up hill to down hill pin up about 200 ft down the rest the of the way. Two guardian trees about 30 ft apart at the crest of the hill. I threw my solf for the bit of head wind and crashed chains basket and out. It didn't help the guys at the next hole thought it was in, but I was robbed

About a month ago I was playing a solo round at my home course, White River in Auburn WA. On hole 15 red, about 255 ft, I threw my G Line MD3 on a slight anhyzer flex line. I hit solid chains on the left side of the basket and bounced right out.

I was playing a round last weekend when I told a friend I was playing with about the story. I promptly hit my 3rd ever ace with a classic Judge on White River #8 (155 ft) on a tight turnover line through the trees.

I should complain about that chain out more often.

So, I am playing hole 15 at Bassett Creek. I decide to throw my Star Aviar on a hyzer. It charges the basket, hits the chains, bounces off the bottom of the inside of the basket, teeters on the edge of the basket, and this happens.
nf4k0i.jpg

In 14 years, I have never seen this happen. And it had to happen to me, of all people. Ah well, no ace for me.

I've hit dead center chains twice this last couple weeks, one got rejected straight back out the other went through and ended up right behind the basket.

Two missed aces today! One slid right over the top of the cage and nicked a few chains. The other was a blind hole, I let it go and thought "wow, that looks good." Crash!! Must have hit chains dead center, so loud. Ran up, and of course it's sitting 5 feet past the basket. Come on!!

Had a 330 foot ace go in today. Super awesome. I'll post pics tonight.

Had a 330 foot ace go in today. Super awesome. I'll post pics tonight.

So did it stay in or are we/you missing something? This is the Missed Ace thread :D.

With all the excitement, you picked the wrong Ace thread :doh:.

Also glad you mentioned the distance, I was gonna call you out if it was below 300' :p!

It looked like it wasn't going to stay in so I picked this thread. Probably won't actually count it.

So, I am playing hole 15 at Bassett Creek. I decide to throw my Star Aviar on a hyzer. It charges the basket, hits the chains, bounces off the bottom of the inside of the basket, teeters on the edge of the basket, and this happens.
nf4k0i.jpg

In 14 years, I have never seen this happen. And it had to happen to me, of all people. Ah well, no ace for me.

Thats brutal on an ace run. I had that happen to me on a birdie putt in a tourney a few weeks ago and was torn between being pissed and amused as nobody had seen it happen before. I tried to mark it down as a 2.5, but nobody was buying it.

Closest yet.

First time I've heard a disc hit chains from the tee.
Used a condor on this downhill tee shot.

Attachments

• IMG_20160424_171102.jpg
    IMG_20160424_171102.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 28
Hit the pin, cage, or tickled side chains four times over the last couple of weeks at my local pitch n putt (you can just feel an ace coming, you know?), but saw a guy yesterday drill the center perfectly yesterday on his finishing hole. He hit it too perfectly:the post swatted it back at him like Dikembe Mutombo. We still chatted about the awesome shot...and fate...

2nd time in less than 2 weeks I've hit chains with this predator, but neither has stuck. the first one jumped out and went in the water behind the basket. the one pictured here is behind a tree, so I was celebrating on the pad, sure it had stuck, but came around the tree and here is what I had to see.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170422_124616.jpg
    20170422_124616.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 74
I forgot about this thread... I didn't hit chains, but I hit basket on a 355' forehand with a Crank. Perfect line - a bit of turn to get around some trees on the right, and then a nice fade ALMOST into the basket. It would have been a nice one for only my second.

Today is the last time I'll be throwing a local pitch n putt course before moving on Thursday. I plan to have many almost aces today, every basket is getting run!

So I forgot my trusty R-Pro Rhyno at home yesterday so I had a spare JK Aviar that I beat in to replace it (or so I thought it would). I get to the course and the first thing I do I try it out on a 266' straight shot that I've never truly reached with a putter. It flies the most beautiful line that I've ever seen on that hole and it hit the pole! I figure that if I had thrown it 15" higher it would've hit and probably stuck. As it was I hit 3 outside the circle putts with it (all for birdies).

My only actual ace was un-witnessed breaking in a new disc and driving every hole 1st with it, so even by myself I wasn't going to be scoring that drive, then lost that disc anyway so it feels like it doesn't count at all. Still waiting...

Yesterday my home course a single thrower caught up to my brother an I on around 11 and is going to just play the rest of the round with us instead of moving through. Hole 15 is 300' through a tree gap downhill-uphill basket might be a touch lower than level with the Tee. Kinda unpredictable wind so I want to hammer something straight at it and throw an Opto Compass. As soon as it leaves my hand I say kinda loud "Nice" it felt perfect just how I wanted to throw. I watch the shadow on the ground and the disc in the air and a few up and down air bounces but it is hitting the exact line I want and bang dead center of the poll below the basket. Couple feet up would have been chains. My brother says "you niced yourself."

So I was pretty happy with the bird, it looked like I didn't get a bad roll after hitting metal. So the guy we had just met steps up and forehands a beat in Havoc. It makes a really big S turn, looks like the wind is going to push it way left, then it flattens out, fades and nails chains for his first ever Ace. I was super stoked to see it and sign his disc. It was pretty awesome, but also made me a bit jealous having just missed it myself.

Latest posts