• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MN Tournaments this fall

DinosaurThunder

Double Eagle Member
Any recommendations for a tournament to enter this fall? I have never entered a sanctioned tourney before but have had a great season this summer and am feeling confident. No PDGA # yet but am looking to get one for next season to enter 5-6 tournaments next summer.

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions!

Any recommendations for a tournament to enter this fall? I have never entered a sanctioned tourney before but have had a great season this summer and am feeling confident. No PDGA # yet but am looking to get one for next season to enter 5-6 tournaments next summer.

Thanks in advance for any info or suggestions!

Lots of fun I highly recommend it. Played my first this year but in Wisconsin.

I was hoping there would be a Minneapolis Open this year at Kenwood Park but I do not see it on the schedule. That would be a fun park to play DG in.

A lot of Twin Cities tournaments seemingly pop up on the schedule at the last second. The best place for tournament information, for better or worse, seems to be the Twin Cities Disc Golf Facebook Group.

Lots of fun I highly recommend it. Played my first this year but in Wisconsin.

I was hoping there would be a Minneapolis Open this year at Kenwood Park but I do not see it on the schedule. That would be a fun park to play DG in.

Just posted, Sunday Oct 19th, nonsanctioned.

To emphasize the post above ^ the Twin Cities DG Facebook page is where it's at.

Sucks for those of us not on Facebook.

Dean, if you wish to create a Facebook just to keep up tabs on disc golf and want to make a fake name to remain incognito, I am the admin for twin cities disc golf. Shoot me a pm as I am attempting to keep the group free from spam. I always add people from Mn, after some of the out of staters posts on our group during am worlds I am a little more uptight about people from not in the 5 state area. All in all a good group with good info. Your son is on there so I'm sure you get the info through him.

My son keeps me updated on the TC Facebook page from Platteville, WI. We've already talked about making a fake name just so I can get on there because I'm missing out on a lot of info and discussions. You might have nudged me enough to do it now.

Sorry to be stupid but I checked out that facebook page but I see no info about the Minneapolis Open or any other event. Where on the page do i find that info?

Hmm. I'm not sure it's very well organized in that sense - I monitor the page regularly for discussion of upcoming events. The post about the Minneapolis open is maybe a dozen posts down the page, the event page is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/753514931371211/ . The calendar on the MFA site is pretty accurate and up to date: http://minnesotafrisbeeassociation.com/ , though it's cluttered with every possible activity of every day.

Thanks i see there is no Pre reg and bring bring your own basket. I think mine is too crappy. I backed my boat over it by accident.