• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mob Golf

That league is pretty busy but the two courses and some playing the extra six on each spreads it out a bit. They rotate courses so if it's that much of a prob figure out the rotation. You can play through but you have to ask. They do move fairly quick usually

I'm not sure if there are any particular rules to Mob golf, that's a pretty general term for a large group. This particular crew is playing Dirty Dollar$, which DOES have some rules.

A player chooses whether or not to play "dirties" before folks begin to tee off. All players who decide to enter (toss in $1) compete for CTP. Whichever player is CTP then gets a chance to collect the dirties, IF they make their deuce. Miss the deuce, carry-over to the next hole and all players have to pay again if they want to keep their chances for the dirties alive.

So when Mike hits his ace, he gets all the dirties, plus $5 from each person for the ace. Don't know how universal that is, but around here in MI that's usually the payoff from whoever is in the group. Thus the attraction of a nice sized Mob. (A year or two earlier, Kirk Haggadone hit an ace on #7 of this same course - two holes further on - shortly after a couple of Mobs joined up at the tail end of a round. With the Mob at close to 30 people he cashed out for well over $100 bucks, and didn't even know the shot had gone in until the group approached the basket five minutes later...)

League nights around here in the summer can get pretty wacky, there are often a couple roving mobs on the two courses, and a lot of smaller groups. Playing through a mob usually isn't a problem, they're happy to wave folks through. More often than not, the mob grows when new groups play up to them then join. Its not everyone's cup of tea, but it can certainly make for some interesting moments. Playing in front of a gallery in disc golf is rare, but in mob golf, we bring our own.

Joe

Joe Wander
Producer and Director
Disc Golf Live video magazine
Bringing DG to TV one community at a time

Around here, we call it "herd golf" for its resemblance to a bunch cows wandering around a pasture.

Suing cydisc for injuries recieved while reading his posts!

I'm sorry, this is a very interesting thread and all but, CYDISC!! - Dude, your comments keep me rolling on the floor with laughter!
I seriously have pains in the chest now. VERY VERY FUNNY.

Mob (or herd) golf looks cool though.

damn they have some good looking discing women up there in MI!!! lol....that ace was SICK!

there were some nice looking females, but come on, 14 (?) people at once?

that's still clogging the course.

i hope that 'mob' was letting smaller groups play through quickly.

Guess we should link this with the no blacks ever play DG threads...LOL perfect!

what ******* posted that thread?

yes it's a rarity, but who the hell cares enough to point that out?

you could be pink and green and i'd still play a game with you if you followed basic rules and etiquette. :rolleyes:

Traveling LAKER LEAGUE in St. Louis playes mob golf every weekend. The way they do it, is they play regular until everyone is in decent putting range. Once first person putts, everyone else has to put quickly; with the entire crew beginning to walk to bucket as soon as first is shot....no lining up the putt for half a minute! Unfortunately, as travelers ourselves, a crew of three of us; from out of state, was along for one LAKER LEAGUE round....and one of my buds actually bounced a putt off one of the LAKER'S (and a course captain at that!) heads and in the bucket; because he was too slow to get his putt done before said captain was attempting to get his out of basket. Could have been a bad situation, but although a dirty look was given, the LAKERS were nice enough guys to let it slide. There were posts on their website for a while concerning wearing hard hats next time Wisconsin players come to their area. lol

not entirely accurate..... some rounds we play everyone leaves their disc in the basket until the last putt comes in.

i hear you're making a trip this way again soon paul?

what ******* posted that thread?

yes it's a rarity, but who the hell cares enough to point that out?

you could be pink and green and i'd still play a game with you if you followed basic rules and etiquette. :rolleyes:

I wasnt being racist at all.....there is another thread going about how blacks are not interested in DG and I found it humorous that I switch forums and theres a brother nailing an ace....I found it refreshing and awesome! Easy now with the insults!

Id like to play "something" with those chicks in that video. Damn!! How come I never see girls like that on the course, the ones I see are wearing a ratty stained def leopard tee shirt with the arms torn off and got a marlboro red hanging from inbetween where their teeth should be. shoosh.

Id like to play "something" with those chicks in that video. Damn!! How come I never see girls like that on the course, the ones I see are wearing a ratty stained def leopard tee shirt with the arms torn off and got a marlboro red hanging from inbetween where their teeth should be. shoosh.

you live in GR...travel north lol

But you've got Sarah Palin in GR today, so that makes up for it.

Im watching all these republican kiss ass idiots freezing balls waiting to get their book signed by her on the news right now. What a bunch of losers "youbetchya!!". lol

Seems it would be more fun to drop the player with the worst score on each hole, so each hole there are fewer and fewer people throwing. Still a big gallery, but doesn't take forever.