• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More drives- please give feedback

Noahlearner

Par Member
http://youtu.be/i-W6bGZ60Wg

First drive was best and flew 400 feet. Rest not as good. I am feeling unbalanced after the hit, I feel like I am falling forward. I also have shin splints on my plant leg. If you watch my drive in slomo, I rotate on my heel, but the whole foot slides to the right, and puts a lot of pressure on my leg, how can I stop that? Do I need to stay more vertical? I am trying to do a slower run up, turn later, and hug less, but that is going to take time.

Last edited:
I can't give much advice on your form, but it looks as if almost every drive you make you end up off the pad, which could cost you big if you plan on playing tournaments.

Also, it may help if you shot your video from the side, as it may help others to see every step in your form.

You need to close your stance more and transfer/brace your weight from behind you. Your hips are throwing you forward in the follow through, so they are getting left behind the throw.

Hey Sidewinder,

I'm watching you drive next to me drive and it looks like you are a lot lower than I am. You also have the disk lower, and farther away from your body at reachback. Your pull line is lower and it looks like your whole 4 step run up is way more controlled. Mine looks like I'm barrelling down the teepad. Do I look close, or like a total **** show?

it looks as if almost every drive you make you end up off the pad, which could cost you big if you plan on playing tournaments..

It looks to me like he is releasing before he leaves the tee pad which is totally legal.

About the end of teepad.... I was just throwing. I agree I should have been more mindful. I also need a more compact runup. That is paifully clear to me when I watch the video...

It may be on purpose and you may be shaping different shots, but it really seems as if every single drive has a different release point and angle. Seems like you might want to have a more consistent release when working on technique, eliminate as many variables as possible.

Hey Sidewinder,

I'm watching you drive next to me drive and it looks like you are a lot lower than I am. You also have the disk lower, and farther away from your body at reachback. Your pull line is lower and it looks like your whole 4 step run up is way more controlled. Mine looks like I'm barrelling down the teepad. Do I look close, or like a total **** show?
There are better models for form than mine, but being in different body positions/balance may make the pull line appear more different. The rest I agree with.

Latest posts