• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] More OS Judge

RebelZero

Par Member
Hi, all. I've been putting with Judges for quite a few years now and they've always fit my hand really well. Lately, I find myself wanting something that's a tick more overstable, for both putting and throwing.

I've tried to find something with similar hand feel but so far I haven't come across anything. I've tried Wizards, which are a bit too deep. Wardens and Marshals, neither of which seem any more OS. Shields, which don't feel comfortable at all. Maidens, which are too thin. Jokeris, which feel great but are a little TOO overstable. And also Penroses, which have come the closest. But the microbead messes with my grip. I'd prefer either a big bead or no bead at all.

Any suggestions?

I've tried that one as well. Like the Wizard, it's a little too deep for me to feel like I have good control.

Westside Crown. When I first got serious about playing, I went to the local shop and grabbed a bunch of different putters to audition. Ultimately it came down to the Crown and the Judge, because hand feel was so similar. Crown is basically a Judge Pro in terms of flight.

Side note, I agree with you that the Wizard feels way different than a Judge. I've heard plenty of people claim the Judge was a copy of the Wizard, but I don't buy it. Feel is different, glide is different, stability is different. The bead is about the only similarity in my opinion.

I putted Judges for a couple of years. The Link does remind me of a slightly more stable Judge but isn't it quite a bit taller or deeper than the Judge?

What aphilso1 said above - the westside crown should fit this bill. Has the same numbers as the maiden, but I think that is misleading. I found the maiden to be a smushed Judge (ie wizard to chief), and maybe even a tad more US. As mentioned, the crown has a similar putter shape, with added stability.

They seem to be in stock at the usual online places, too.

I have a couple Links which I haven't thrown in a while. But they do feel pretty similar to a Judge. My only complaint is I don't think they come in premium plastic, which is what I like to throw from the tee.

If you can get em. The judges in lucid-X are a lot more overstable.

This sounds like best advice so far.

Best I got is try a Suspect but it's way too OS most likely. But the feel, especially in the scrubbier plastic, es los pechos. Nice and thin but all the grab you ever'd need. Superb approach disc, great for step putts, solid putter inside the circle with practice.

My experience is the opposite. L-X Judges fly just like a fresh Prime Judge, albeit with a lot more durability. It is the only mold I've tried in Lucid-X that was like that, as generally speaking L-X discs are noticeably more beefy. But an L-X Judge is still just a laser straight thrower with minimal fade, just like base plastic Judges are.

That being said, the point is probably moot since L-X Judges are out of stock and DD indicated they wouldn't do a run of them this year.

I hate to recommend an OOP disc, but perhaps discmania will re-run them eventually in their new originals line up. The P3x is precisely a more OS judge. Fantastic disc with a good mixture of glide and slight beef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience is the opposite. L-X Judges fly just like a fresh Prime Judge, albeit with a lot more durability. It is the only mold I've tried in Lucid-X that was like that, as generally speaking L-X discs are noticeably more beefy. But an L-X Judge is still just a laser straight thrower with minimal fade, just like base plastic Judges are.

That being said, the point is probably moot since L-X Judges are out of stock and DD indicated they wouldn't do a run of them this year.

The Lucid-X Judges I just picked up as part of Paige Shue's tour series are extremely overstable. They overlap with my Zone more than my normal judges.