• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] More stable Aviar PnA?

Most people seem to be focusing on molds that are beadless so I am going to go the other direction. If you want a really low profile disc - Classic Roc.

what about the Rhyno? I know it is beaded but it is a shallow putter and the bead isn't noticeable/felt.

The Discmania P2 is a beadless Aviar-X. The taller nose makes it a tick more stable but it will still feel like an Aviar.
The Omega is a small bead Aviar, but the bead is so small it is barely noticeable. It is also a tick more stable than a regular Aviar. If I'm not mistaken, the older runs are a regular Aviar nose and the new runs are the tall Aviar-X nose which cause it to fall into the more overstable range.
The Warlock may be worth a try as well.

Anode, just as stable but stays that way for longer (than base plastic). Warlocks are a bit more stable but beat in pretty quick. Opto Pure maybe

Are you using DX Putt and Approach? If so move to Star. Beadless, and a bit more stable. If you are already using premium plastic then try a Warlock as Buzzbomb suggested. Still not stable enough? Go Zone...

what about the Rhyno? I know it is beaded but it is a shallow putter and the bead isn't noticeable/felt.

I would second this. Champion Rhynos are pretty much indestructible too. And while the Pure isn't really much more stable than a PnA they do have a nice low profile and no bead. I have switched from Aviars to the Pure and have no regrets. They are great putters.

Are you using DX Putt and Approach? If so move to Star. Beadless, and a bit more stable.

Try a Champion Aviar P&A.....

I have had a star Aviar P&A, and I do have a champion Aviar P&A, and they are the same stability as a dx Aviar P&A. Actually, when thrown on a drive, my champion Aviar is much less stable than my dx. Both are pretty much seasoned the same.

Conventional wisdoms would say the premium plastics would be more overstable, but that isn't what I have found.

Wow! This is alot of information to digest....

I do use DX PnA's and didnt think about trying a star one, wouldnt like putting with champ plastic though. Ive also thought about trying challengers and zones. Will maybe get one of each (challengers/zones) and go from there. Thanks ALOT for all the info as this is a big deal for me after putting with the same mold for 10+ years.

Latest posts