• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More stable TeeBird?

bilemshious

Bronze level trusted reviewer
I have a 175g Star TeeBird that has become very flippy. It's not that old (bought earlier this year). My questions: should I get a more stable plastic (champion)? Heavier/lighter? Different, more stable fairway driver?

If it helps I can toss it about 270 - 300ft. And it typically flips when I throw forehand...

Champion would be more stable. Also I think the teebird + is even more stable. I could be wrong. When throwing it forehand try to release it at a more hyzer angle so it will have a chance to come up and maybe not flip. Also you could either try an Eagle or banshee. Those are also great fairway drivers. I have all three in my bag all for different uses. The eagle has a little more fade and might be a better forehand disc. The banshee I throw mostly forehand. It can handle more power or spin and not flip over as much. Don't take that flippy teebird out of your bag. It's always nice to have one in there. I have one that is stable and one that is understable. Hope this helps. Good luck out there!

Thanks for the advice! Should I stick with the same weight? I usually throw ~170g for everything else. I think I will try a champ or TB+...

Try a Champ Teebird +, much more stable than the regular teebirds.
This or I'd reccomend a discmania PD, it flies a lot like a faster teebird and is definetely more stable especially in higher weights. EDIT: Forgot to mention Discmania is produced by Innova so it the PD comes in all those great plastics.

Try a Champ 170, you will be surprised how stable it is. I throw 150g champ teebirds and they are super stable. I had some max weight teebirds and they were too stable for me. Honestly if you are throwing them 270-300 I would get a lighter champ. I am getting my 150 class ones out to 340-350. I honestly think that a max weight champ teebird is made for someone who can throw one 375-400

Ha, no on the eagle. It may fade harder at the end but has more turn at the begining. The TeeBird is a great disc but based on the explination you are giving, specifically about flipping it on a FH shot I am guessing you have OAT and should work on solving that problem first. However, since you proably care more about buying a new disc rather than fixing your form, based on your OP, get a Champion Banshee.

That would be a slightly beat-in Champ Banshee.... Like the one I lost down at Bailey Rd. DGC a couple weeks ago.... Damn that kid if I ever find him and catch him with my stolen disc! (*clenches fist in a mad rage*)... I want my Banshee back....

Or you could take the OAT out of your throw, and you won't have to throw the most stable disc you can find to get it past 300'. It's not the disc, it's your throw.

Latest posts