• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Discs Lost in Shortest Time Span

I once went eleven years without losing a disc.

I lost two discs in three holes a couple of weeks ago.

I went 22 years without losing a disc. I thought I had, but when I started playing again a year and a 1/2 ago after a 22 year break there they were still in my garage.

I'm good for losing about one a month-ish I think.

I fully expect to lose a small stack of discs on my Selah vacation in April. And I am planning accordingly.
I suspect the rate of loss will increase over the full days of drinking beers.

I once lost 3 discs on 3 consecutive throws. First one I just yanked to the right and it sailed into some really thick brush full of poison oak. Didn't look too hard for it. The next one I over corrected and it faded way off to the left into some poison oak. Probably could have found that one but it was green so I figured it was destined to be lost and not worth getting poison oak. At that point I didn't have any other midranges so I tried to throw a putter too hard, timing was off, and yanked it to the right...same spot the first one ended up. It all happened so fast. After the third one I just laughed and proceeded to the next teepad. There was something weird going on at that hole that day.

I think the most I lost was three in one round. A horribly windy day I probably should have just went home, but didnt. Two I could have got back (got calls) the third is one I really wanted back and never got a call on. But it went in a river so nobody may ever find it.

I played a round this past Summer at Solitude outside Salt Lake City with a friendly local. Said local lost 3 discs on one hole and lost a total of 9 before we were done. I lost one on 18. In his defense this course has some of the tallest most dense grass and brush I've ever seen

Pretty sure I lost 7 in one round before :|

Tournament was set up similar to the Memorial with baskets near water.

Lost two in less than an hour. Lesson learned: don't do fieldwork near a body of water.

Lance brown at usdgc taking 10+ two days in a row losing most his bag on hole 5

I lost 2 Terns on the same hole one fine morning at Aptos High School. Actually had a great round, but then hole 17, blind shot into a left to right downhill bank with tons of brush. My first shot I yanked to the right into the bushes and the second looked OK, but it must have rolled or something...never found either. I had just told my friend a couple days earlier I hadn't lost a disc in a long time because I don't miss the fairway as often, yadda yadda, self inflicted by tempting the lost disc gods...

My buddy Wyren who has an affinity for clear MVP discs and a propensity to grip lock, once lost the same disc 3 times on the same hole in 2 rounds. First round grips clear disc in creek to right side of #14 at Rockness Monster. we searched and finally found it. Second round he threw the same disc into the creek on his drive and again on the upshot. We must have spent 40 minutes looking for that one disc on the same hole that day.

Last year at HBH I played one last round the morning we left and proceeded to lose 3 discs (in addition to the 2 I had already lost on that trip). Partially it was being tired and worn out causing bad throws and partially knowing I wanted to leave soon and not wanting to waste time looking.

Kinda related to this question........ left my roller disc behind at least 4 times last year. Was returned each time.

Probably because its a beat-to-hell DX Beast.

3 on one hole. I tin cupped it on a water carry, all thanks to Stoney hill. David and his brother are crule

You know, a straight open 230' throw shouldn't be that hard.

It's the temptation to make the 300' throw that gets people.

I had a buddy throw 4 Outlaws into the water on the same hole. One after another before finally taking the penalty and playing it from the waters edge. I honestly do not know what he was thinking, but he only had fairway drivers after that.

A buddy and I lost 4 discs in one round, it was right before a big storm so it was getting super dark so we lost two in the woods because it was so hard to see. Then when it started to rain we only had 2 holes left so we tried to power through but I proceeded to lose two more do to slipped grip.

Amazingly we got calls on 3/4 the next day and I found the my 4th one when I met up on the course to collect two of my found discs.

Previous to that my record was 3, my first league round I lost one disc when it taco'd in a tree 20 ft up, then the next day during a morning round with some league friends I lost two more on different water holes.

I was feeling pretty bad about my story until reading some of these. Holy cow! Haha

I lost the same mold two weeks in a row. Mako3. One in the leaves, bought a new one, then promptly lost it in the snow a week later.

Just replaced it, again, today... played a round and still have it, all is well

Notwithstanding my previous post, I threw 3 consecutive shots into a pond today.....after having thrown another disc in on the previous hole. (Luckily, I managed to retrieve all 4)

Latest posts