• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Distinct Holes Played in One Day

played both courses at hudson mills 48 holes, haven't played over 50 holes in a day yet I don't think, came close a few times

Well, its no world record, but I took the best crack that I could at this yesterday. Oddly enough, I don't even feel that tired. I in fact think I could have played another two full 18 hole rounds.

Here's my scorecard.

qoyw01.jpg

I had been loosely planning to do this as the solstice approached, but just on a whim happened to wake up at 5 AM yesterday thinking, yeah, lets do this today.

So I took a shower, slathered on some sunblock, packed the discs and a cooler in the car, got some Gatorade, ice and a $5 bag of frozen shrimp at the grocery store (that's all I ate all day), and headed out. I started with the home course and planned the most logical route that I thought I could from there. If I had gotten out of bed an hour earlier, I know I could have squeezed another 18 in, and with the right route, good planning and a little luck I think clearing 200 holes is possible.

The sun was just hitting the horizon when I finished. I had planned to hit another 9 holer, but it was 25 miles away and to the east. By the time I would have gotten there, It would have been dark. Finishing east of my starting point was a tactical mistake, but the way the courses were lined up, it was pretty much unavoidable.

The more I think about it, I should have headed out to the far point in the pre-dawn darkness and worked my way home. I can always play my home course in the dark.

I'm impressed with anyone going over 100 holes in a day.

:thmbup: That's impressive scarpfish! Most I've done was a couple weeks ago, hitting 5 new courses and 72 holes total (played one of the three 9-holes twice). I can't even imagine WANTING to threaten the records listed in this thread (being heavy-set & aged 51).

My best for distinct isn't that great, but number of holes was pretty decent for me

Addison Oaks: 24 twice
Seymour Lake: 18 once
Holly Woods: 24 twice, 9 once

Last week I did an Iowa road trip.
16 courses and 161 holes on Day 1 (one 12 hole and one 5 hole)
slept in car
14 courses and 159 holes on Day 2 (2 twelve holers)

My arm felt like trash during the second half of the second day.

It would be tough for me to figure out if I have done more since, but I played 101 different holes on a trip to Northern Illinois in 2009, and that included 3 hours of driving between my house and the area I played. I know I could do 200 if they were short courses and less driving.

Last week I did an Iowa road trip.
16 courses and 161 holes on Day 1 (one 12 hole and one 5 hole)
slept in car
14 courses and 159 holes on Day 2 (2 twelve holers)
:thmbup:
Were a number of these first time played? Because that to me would be way more impressive than my feat.

I was familiar with everything on my itinerary yesterday and knew where on all of these courses not to throw a disc where an errant shot could mean lost time (albeit it still happened a few times).

Wow to some of you. I've done a single course five times in a day, and that course was Terrace Creek. Those of you who have been there should be impressed, and those of you who haven't should go there. We played from 9:30 am to sundown. Every round was our last one, and then we'd run into someone new when we got back to our cars and we'd go again.

My distinct record would be 45 though. Played three courses, but one was a niner. Played that one twice too.

best is 60... I played Oshtemo Township, Cold Brook park and Air Zoo in the same day 18+24+18

Any one know the break down on this

Alan Hansen Begg, 380 holes on 6/22/04, in the Twin Cities area of MN. ~33 courses

How Many 18's, 9's? I've played many a times from sun up to down and never got close to 33 courses

Doing the math:

9 18 holers plus 24 9 holers is 378 holes. I don't know where the 2 extra holes come in

Most distinct holes for me is 72. Singles on both courses at Hudson Mills plus doubles at Parmalee later that night.

99 for me. Played all 45 holes at Sabattus DGC, hit up 18 at Dragan Field, then 36 more on the way home at Woodland Valley.

I think my best is 99, on 7 courses.

Prairie Park - 9
Pioneer - 18
Anna page west - 18
Anna page east - 18
Lustig - 18
Hidden valley - 9
Kiwanis of stoughton - 9

I wouldn't be surprised if I have done more, but it's tough to remember.

Renny
Hornets
Sugaw
Kilborne
Eastway
During the Ironman last June.

Idlewild
Played one more while we waited for groups to finish.

108 holes.

I plan on hitting up all the "EDGE" courses in rock Hill some SAturday after worlds. That will be somewhere around 130 holes on 13 courses.

Last edited:
I have played over 100 in a day many times but usually more than 1 round at each course. My best is probably 63, 3 seperate 18's with 1 9 holer.

If a course has two tees and two baskets per hole, can you play all four combinations to get 72 holes or can you get 36 holes by playing each tee once and each pin once?

If a course has two tees and two baskets per hole, can you play all four combinations to get 72 holes or can you get 36 holes by playing each tee once and each pin once?

From the OP....

Short tees and long tees don't count as distinct. Similarly, multiple baskets on the same hole shouldn't count as distinct holes.

Although we could make distinct hole configurations another category. There were three courses I could have done two times under that criteria and that would have been another 45 holes.

Latest posts