• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Expensive Disc

Most expensive disc

• Total voters
Those early 2000's champ glo usdgc rocs can fetch some good money. Also, a clo ce eagle is about $100, proto gazelles can get pretty high as well.

i think the most expensive disc i got so far was a surge i paid $18 for, and i lost it over the summer.. ive only been playing for 2 years, so im sure i will top that...but $13,000, thats just crazy!! i would never even take that disc out of a case for that price, haha.

I paid a little over 20 for a star Katana for a friend's Christmas present. I paid $20 for a mako yesterday - but I think I got jipped because I was supposed to be trading up my free plastic (Ice Bowl). Oh well. Those are my two highest.
I'm not going to buy a disc that I'm not throwing.

I paid a little over $100.00 for a pie plate. I've wanted one for a long time for the collection, and when the funds presented themselves at the same time the pie plate came up, I jumped on it.

What can I say, I'm a collector and every Frisbee collector really needs a Frisbee Pie tin to "ROUND" out the collection.

20+ shipping on a Star Classic Roc, white Dynamic Discs Revenge of the Monkey disc.

Big fan of the Classic Roc, now out of production, and can see myself spending up to around 30-40 tops every few years to pick one up.

I do enjoy a nice dye, but can't see paying a big markup for one. I'm not a collector either, so the the most expensive disc I can see myself ever buying is one that is not being produced anymore for a slight markup.

I paid a little over $100.00 for a pie plate. I've wanted one for a long time for the collection, and when the funds presented themselves at the same time the pie plate came up, I jumped on it.

What can I say, I'm a collector and every Frisbee collector really needs a Frisbee Pie tin to "ROUND" out the collection.

i was fortunate enough to be given my 2 pie pans.

my gf and i go antiquing all the time and have done so for years. to alleviate my boredom one of the things i have taken to looking for is frisbie pie pans- i have never seen a single one in an antique store in 15 years of looking.

I thought it was going to cost me a LOT more than just the Ben. Being my first attempt at buying from ebay, I had no idea what to expect. I hadn't even set up my paypal account when I found out I won the bid. So I let the dude know what was up with my inexperience, and I would close the deal when my paypal was going. He started sending obscenities and generally trashing my family even though I kept in touch and updates about the paypal thing. I was starting to plan a road trip to upstate New York to settle the deal in person, if ya know what I mean.

don't think i could pay over $20. i don't care what kind of disc it is. call me cheap!!!thats one reason i took up this sport. its cheap to play!!

I buy X outs to save coin. I have not spent over $20 on any disc including shipping. Maybe that is why I have too many discs...I trick myself into thinking that I can get two for what one would cost even though I would never buy one at the high price. :doh:

an obvious trend has developed here.

people who have been playing > X amount of years are willing to pay more for discs
people who have been playing < X amount of years are not willing to pay more for discs

I think it also has a little to do with age though, when I was 20ish spending more than $20 on a disc seemed like a waste of my minimal funds. Now that I'm 31 with a secure financial situation $25 is not as big of a deal to me.

People who have been playing > X amount of years probably fell in love with a disc that hasn't been commercially available for X - Y years (where Y is generally somewhere between 0 & [X - 1], but, in some circumstances, may be less than 0). They are more amenable to paying higher prices on the secondary market to replace that "must have" disc.

Last edited:
I agree with the longer you been playing the more likely you are to drop some change for a disc. I just paid $40+ for an old school DX Teebird. Never seen one before til last week on eBay. I'll attach the picture. I'm pretty pumped about it. The most I've paid was like $50. Thats for stuff like CE or rare discs that they don't make anymore. I'm a collector of discs too. I plan on having a wall full one day. I got about 75+ I'm gonna hang on wall one day. Some are tournament discs. Not so much that they're special but that they just have the tourney stamp on it from tourneys I've played in. Then there's the original set of CE's, some Champion and various Roc's etc...you know.

Attachments

• !BjnJ00Q!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKjcEs4oEGqm0BLUR1So4iQ~~_12.jpg
    !BjnJ00Q!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKjcEs4oEGqm0BLUR1So4iQ~~_12.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 36
I knew I wasn't average....

5 months playing and I have a big collection....

About the same amount of wall hangers as throwers....

Most expensive disc so far was a 1 of 1 Katana... had to offer $100 since the guy didn't want to sell it... he turned down the offer... then he told his wife about it...

long story short he sold it to me.

I'm the Microsoft of DG!

Latest posts