• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most EXTREME course you've ever played?

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8640

Ski Santa Fe. Highest course on the planet. 11,564 ft at its highest point. Side note, I hit what may have been the highest ace on record on hole 4 of this course, which is the highest basket, just below 5's tee pad which is the highest point on the course.

Is that higher than the course in Leadville at the college?

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1138

It starts around 10.2k and climbs fairly well in places. I would be estimate that it gets similarly close in height to Santa Fe.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8640

Ski Santa Fe. Highest course on the planet. 11,564 ft at its highest point. Side note, I hit what may have been the highest ace on record on hole 4 of this course, which is the highest basket, just below 5's tee pad which is the highest point on the course.

It starts around 10.2k and climbs fairly well in places. I would be estimate that it gets similarly close in height to Santa Fe.

I always thought the course at Arapaho Basin was the highest. The ski resort tops out at 13k+.

Playing our fourth annual China Peak trip this weekend. I don't know if it's the most extreme course I've played, though it's up there, but the last round I played there took seven hours to finish. The drive there is certainly extreme. It's only about 30 miles from me as the crow flies, but the drive is about five hours.

High point of Ski Santa Fe is 11,584 which puts it just ahead of Aspen. The base area at Santa Fe is about 10.2

In the attached photos, hole 5 tee box is the highest point of the course, hole 4's basket is just below.

Attachments

• hole5tee.jpg
    hole5tee.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 30
  • hole4basket.jpg
    hole4basket.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 24
North Georgia Canopy Tours is the most extreme course that I have played on. Played it yesterday.

Just me personally it was Justin Trails in Sparta WI - the Big Brother course on a 90 degree peak of summer July day. My buddy and I thought we were gonna die, haha it was EPIC, Love that place

Recently posted that I was going to play Diamond X soon. Yep, that has the win for most extreme course I've played. It's kind of bittersweet to watch your drive accidentally sail off the edge of a huge cliff. You know it'll be a hike to get to the disc (if you can find it), but it sure is fun to watch it fly. Thanks to Throwbot for guiding!

Recently posted that I was going to play Diamond X soon. Yep, that has the win for most extreme course I've played. It's kind of bittersweet to watch your drive accidentally sail off the edge of a huge cliff. You know it'll be a hike to get to the disc (if you can find it), but it sure is fun to watch it fly. Thanks to Throwbot for guiding!

Sounds like my recent trip to Diamond X. Throwbot was an awesome guide!

Attachments

• DSCN7436.jpg
    DSCN7436.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN7449.jpg
    DSCN7449.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN7440.jpg
    DSCN7440.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 62
Great guide, especially if you need someone to show you all of the FH chucker lines ;)

I think Iffy Hollers just might be the most extreme course I've ever played. The elevation is relentless, and pretty intense... and the course sprawls all over the place for 27 lengthy holes. Pretty sure it took longer to complete than any course I've played to date.

I think Iffy Hollers just might be the most extreme course I've ever played. The elevation is relentless, and pretty intense... and the course sprawls all over the place for 27 lengthy holes. Pretty sure it took longer to complete than any course I've played to date.

Stopped by just to post pretty much the same thing.

I've never played a course where the elevation was so ridiculous. Up, down, up, down all day long. 5 to 6 hour round with holes from 200' to a quarter mile (uphill the whole way no less.) Really glad I played it to bag course #100 but I think I'm good not playing it for the next year or two.

Gorgeous property though and some of those views from the ridgetops were absolutely beautiful.

Fun hanging out with y'all this weekend.

Extreme course? Yes. Most definitely. Most extreme? Nah, not for me - I had no problem crushing out a round a day for 3 days, and if I could convince anybody to play a glow round...

Iffy has been one of my favorites for many years. Really nice to get one of the two aces hit there this weekend. Both on the same hole. Put a beat down on quite a few people. Can't wait for next Iffy Hollers event.

Latest posts