• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Gifted Disc

ChrisWoj

Common Core Crusader
Silver level trusted reviewer
Swear to god - has to be the DX Shark. I've received one 3 years running from various relatives that know I play disc golf. Every time from a Dick's Sporting Goods.

Ah, I thought you meant gifted as in talented.
I bet Innova sells a ton of those starter packs that has the DX Aviar, Shark, & Leopard.
I'll bet Innova sells alot of Bosses for Christmas, too.

I've heard from all of my family that the guys at play-it-again have been pushing the boss and groove as gifts pretty hard.

Last year my sweet mother in law was paying attention at thanksgiving when we were watching discraft YouTube videos after dinner, and I ended up with an x pred for xmas. :) unfortunately it was already oop at that point, and it's green tie dye, so it's a wall hanger. But, not a bad choice overall.

I gifted two of those starter sets this year :lol:

One to my friend who is a very infrequent player. He wouldn't spend money on his own discs, seeing that I let him borrow mine all the time :p . Well, now he has his own set.

The other went to my nephew. I'm not sure how much use they'll get, but he lives only a mile or two from a local course. Hopefully he'll pick it up now that he has his own discs.

I just gave my 12 year old brother an old aviar, dx sanny roc, and a dx leo. I didn't even wash them :( They're beat to perfection though, so he didn't complain.

I was lazy this year.

Discs can be such a personal type of gift to give. Except for beginners that don't know what they want or need yet, people either want and/or need different things as far as discs go. If you know what exactly a person is looking for, getting them a disc or discs is a great idea that shows them you pay attention. But I see buying someone a disc like buying them a watch. If you know what they want or need, its great....but if you don't know and just get them whatever you find, then it might be one of those "it's the thought that counts" gifts that never gets used. Again for beginners who don't even know, then it's probably a safe gift. I guess I'd have to try to put on the happy face if a family member or friend got me a Groove, a Birdie, Hydra, or a Frisbee. hehe But if they knew to get me an Opto Vision (the understable version like it's supposed to be), another heavy QKII, a medium weight Pro Destroyer with a cool design on it from some tourney, or a light FLX SurgeSS, maybe even a Double D.... then it would be great times!

I gave one of my buddies an S Magic cause he loves straight putters and I gave my buddy a lighter champ valk, replacing a lost ace disc for him.

If I buy enough 1st run QOLF's today, it may be the most gifted.... :D

I got my daughter an ultralight DX Shark this year after the 150g DX Aviar was too much for her. I love it when the kids take after me. :p

I cast my vote for:

Tie-dye of a mold you don't throw, in some weird weight

Winner!

In my retail capacity I pushed:
kids - 150 shark
knuckleheads like us (with claims of awesome skills) - Nuke
everyone else - Leos and comets
putter-seekers - Superglow Wiz, aviars, magics, and focus for DC buyers

basically ONLY neutral + slow unless specific clues pointed otherwise. DGR represent!

how about a paper mario dyed evolution wizard...

its pretty badass.. look it up in disc artwork, topic: look what i got...

Bright neon green ultra-high speed drivers, if my local course is any sign. Seeing those slipping out of people's hands, or being slung for 150 ft tomahawks (going for distance, of course) is priceless, every time I chuckle on the inside.

Gave a friend who never owned a Roc a Roc and a friend who never owned a Teebird a Teebird.

Just a couple used ones I had laying around because I'm a cheap bastage.