• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most holes in one day??

gmoney1984

I Recently played 100 holes on a Saturday in the STL area

18 at Dunegant
18 at White Birch
18 at Wilmore
18 at Jefferson Barracks
28 at Crystal City Underground

Just Curious what's the most holes you guys have played in one day? or maybe a weekend or maybe a week?

I've played 144 in a day twice, 300+ in a weekend a few times if you count Friday afternoon through Sunday evening, and a little over 800 in a 10 day road trip.

Earlier thread on this subject...

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34603

Total holes at one course. 360 at Wheatland Park in Buhler, KS (40 rounds of 9). Previous record was 252 holes (14 rounds of 18) at Carey Park in Hutchinson, KS.

Distinct holes in one day. 168 holes scattered across 12 courses. Here's my scorecard.

2v80fes.jpg

You guys are beasts. On Friday I played 2 x 18 hole rounds at Renny Gold (par 70, 9407 ft) in the morning. I guess another 36 holes would have been fine in the afternoon but that's about all I could handle. That would only be 72 holes and 7 miles of course.

You guys are beasts. On Friday I played 2 x 18 hole rounds at Renny Gold (par 70, 9407 ft) in the morning. I guess another 36 holes would have been fine in the afternoon but that's about all I could handle. That would only be 72 holes and 7 miles of course.
Yeah, but if you're playing Renny Gold, you're definitely going for quality instead of quantity.

I believe the most holes in a 24hr period is 1,310...there's a video on YouTube about it...it's a world record

You guys are beasts.
Agreed.
I've done 72 in a single day multiple times, as recently as this past weekend.
I've played 135 over a 2-day weekend, and 126 a few times.

That being said, while I enjoy course bagging, I prefer to do so at a pace where I can appreciate each course/park/town. I could plan a day to hit 100+ unique holes, but it wouldn't mean much to me, so I don't see the point.

But if that wets your whistle, go for it - I can admire monster totals. :thmbup:

Just got back from "brocation"...

Just returned last night from road trip to Des Moines area....

2 brothers and a good buddy
82 hours; 752.5 miles
5 lost discs; 1 HOLE IN ONE!; 2 Ace attempts splashed OUT!!
16 rounds of golf on 15 courses for Gary and I; 15 and 14 for Rod
14 new courses played; 708 holes; 2418 throws!

Scott - 242 holes, 750 throws, 4 over par
Gary - 242 holes, 853 throws, 107 over par
Rod - 224 holes, 815 throws, 127 over par

I think out best day was 86 because one course was 19 and another course we played to the wrong basket.

I like playing new courses so I played 100-120 unique holes 3 days in a row playing most of the courses between detroit and ann arbor when my wife went out of town. played 6-9 courses per day if I remember correctly.

The numbers aren't as high as some others but from Thursday-Sunday I played 158 holes. The kicker is that those holes include Highland Hills, Ashe Co, Harmon Hills, a 9 holer and 3 rounds at Black Jack.

1 round at Black Jack should count for double the 21 it's advertised as. Ashe Co and Highland Hills aren't picnic walks either.

Well the best part of the trip was playing Harmon Hills and Black Jack in the same day. 2 personal Top 5 courses being played for the first time isn't a bad day at all even though I was completely beat.

Played 81[three 18s, three 9s] last Feb in MS in one day, cause it was the only time I'd get to play them. The most memorable? The last one--Ashe Lake[Brooklyn MS] handicapped 9---the driver walked onto the course with two discs and his keys in his hand, and promptly lost the keys. We had no flashlight, but finally found the keys over an hour later, in the dark with a lighter. Way in the country, no cell service, no other cars---and no more beer. The horror.

Last election day I was supposed to work polls. But having not gone to the required class, and the local board of elections already in some doo-doo, I decided to skip out and save everyone a potential headache. So instead I decided to course bag. 9 courses, and only 1 was a 9-hole.

Most I ever did in one day was 86 and I was wiped. All in WV - 2 rounds at the Yellow Course 1 round at the Black Course 1 round at Seth Burton and 1 round at Orange Crush. Black Course is the longest I ever played and Orange Crush is the hardest.

Just came up with a route across the north side of Indianapolis that would net 126 unique holes across 9 courses in only 70 minutes total driving. This has got to happen.

126 holes a few months back. 3 rounds at El Dorado and 4 rounds on the back at La mirada.. Oh yeah that was pushing a double stroller with the kiddos!! Lots of water, snacks, and food for the kiddos in that beast of a stroller :)

Courses like Renny are definitely not the way to play a ton of holes in a day. :p

When I was in Charlotte, we played Reedy, Sugaw, Kilborne, Eastway and Renny one day, that felt a lot longer than some of the days where we've played a lot more holes.

144 during the great 8 this year. Zebulon cedar hills kentwood middle creek buckhorn southern community unc and valley springs

Courses like Renny are definitely not the way to play a ton of holes in a day. :p

When I was in Charlotte, we played Reedy, Sugaw, Kilborne, Eastway and Renny one day, that felt a lot longer than some of the days where we've played a lot more holes.

No doubt some courses take a lot more time and a lot more out of you, and Renny certainly qualifies - it truly is one of those epic courses. If I recall, the day we played Renny, we played Kilborne then Sugaw... can't imagine adding in two more courses.

One of my 72 hole days was playing all four courses at Lemon Lake - and while those courses are challenging, they aren't that physically demanding.

Another factor is obviously the weather. In the midwest, fall's definitely the best time of year to push it.

Latest posts