• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Holes Played in 24 Hours

How many holes have you played in 24 hours?

• Total voters

Donovan

Longview Disc Golf Association (TX)
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
How many holes have you played in a straight 24 hour period? Please share your real number no matter what it was, your experiences, and tell us what you did to get your 100 holes in a day milestone.

Curently I have done 8 full size courses in 2 days (144 holes), But I was inspired by this thread and even more by post #95 by grodney. I wasn't going to post anything until I made a real run at this, but this current thread by OJnBasquits has got me to go ahead and put it out there.

I have been planning this marathon day ever since grodney posted that. I am in no way in shape to beat 833 holes, but I would like to see how many many holes I could do in 24 hours.

We have 2 suitable courses to do this. One course, Tommy and Sue Brown Park, is a 6 hole course with no holes over 190 feet and the other, Haslet Community Park, is a 9 hole course having no holes over 240 feet. The pins are close to the next tee pad and if I jog some of them, I may be able to complete 18 holes in about a 15-20 minute average. So I could get by using one disc for the entire course. Plus, the length of the holes would allow me to switch and throw left handed as well if my right arm gets tired. Both courses should let me light up the baskets to continue during the night. I still need to get that approval, but it should not be that big of a deal. I am still trying to come up with what time of day to start this at. Noon seems like good time so I can really start running again in the daylight if I was actually going to get close to a big number.

Now, I'm still a big guy (currently 6' & 255) and been dieting and exercising to get back into shape (lost 20 pound in 31 days so far). So, this summer when the days are longer, I want to gear up for this workout.

There were 2 originally bigger reasons for doing this is. I could really work on my putters and mids to really fine tune those 200 foot and less shots. And this would really get my left hand to where I could possible use it on a more regular basis. I read so many of you guys posting how you got hurt and had to learn to throw with your other hand, that it really inspired me into learning that also. Man, I love this site! I already have played the 9-hole course mentioned above -1 left handed for 18 holes, but that just isn't good enough.

ALSO, if you have any opinions or ideas to help me do this, I would love to hear it. I have not thought much about attire and food yet. Thanks in advance for your help and stories.

In Las Vegas, my friend and I played the 27 at Sunset twice and then played until we couldn't see at Mountain Crest - about 40 holes. I can't remember the exact number, but we did top 100. My arm was pretty sore, but the heat was worse (it was August and 100+ degrees).

Oops, just realized Sunset is 24, not 27. Ah well, the total was in the 100s, even if my memory stinks.

This is a really cool idea, by the way. It's be fun to give it a try, but my off hand is so bad I'd probably be better off kicking the discs when my arm gets tired. I'd probably just have to mix up forehands and backhands more than I usually do, and never throw an overhand shot.

108 holes in a day (24 hours) is the most I have played. This was at 3 different courses with 2 rounds at each one. I did not have to play in the dark, nor do/did I want to. I have mad respect for anyone that is willing to put their body through a trial like you mention above. :clap: Go for it and update us on the results.

I dont think I want to try this because I know my arm would suffer for a long time afterwards. I will stick to courses played but I commend you on an attempt. Be careful though because you are likely to hurt your game (and your arm) for the future.

My top holes played is just over 100, but that also included hours of driving to and from an area. Thats about all my arm could do.

Try to do it before middle and high school gets out. Otherwise they will be swarming the course like no other.

Hey Donovan. When I did the 504 holes, it was my knees, one in particular, that really gave out. My total distance traveled wasn't that great, so I think it must have been the bending down to get my disc. I don't know if there's an efficient stick/grabber thingy, but it might be worth a thought.

By the way, when I played 14 rounds in a day on a regular-sized course, I don't recall my arm getting tired at all. I don't think that'll be much of an issue for you. But I guess you never know.

Oh, and don't forget plenty of nutrition. From that post #95 you reference, that typical Texas Trip was from the year 2000. Out of curiosity, I looked up my consumption/nutrition stats:

Sat = 4 rounds, 12 Shiners
Sun = 4 rounds, 15 Shiners
Mon = 3.5 rounds, 14 Shiners
Tue = 5 rounds, 12 Shiners
Wed = 5 rounds (Round Rock), 13 Shiners
Thu = 2 rounds (weak!), 14 Shiners
Fri = 3 rounds, 8 Shiners. As I recall, 3 or 4 of those Shiners were leaving the Dallas area as a bedtime snack so I could get some sleep then wake up and drive the 2am-6am shift back to Iowa.

Ahhh, good times.

The most I've ever played is 40 and I don't think I'd want to play more than 72-90 in any single day. If endurance play is your thing (like ultra marathoners), more power to you, but I don't think the vast majority of players would be into it.

I'll go a few times a year and make a 50 mile trip to my favorite "fun" course, Richlands-Steed Park in Richlands, NC. It's usually deserted, so I'll chuck 5 or more drivers on every hole and 2-4 mids for every mid throw, and usually severl putts. Par 56, I'll play it four or more times, and estimate that I'll throw 400+ throws in a day.
I'm hoping to do the Great8 this year. 8 great courses in the Greater Raleigh, NC area in one day. Sounds like a blast.

The first day I took my friend to play disc golf we went to the little 9 hole practice course near my house. He loved it so much that we played it 11 times. That's probably the most I've ever played in one day. Not as much as others have said, but I probably wont ever forget it.

Last summer I played 7 courses in one day in GA and South Carolina. But three of those were the courses in Appling, GA at the PDGA Hall of Fame and two of them are especially long and rugged. So four 18s and three 9s add up to 99 holes in the Georgia July heat. I'm old (57 last summer) and slept very well that night.

But my incentitive that day was not how many holes I was playing but rather to bag those seven courses. I played seven the next day but I think that was three 18s and four 9s.

Donovan,

Check out these suggestions and the thread "Attempting to set a new world record" too.

I think your biggest problem with playing a 9 holer would be boredom. When I play the Great 8 my biggest pain is always back pain from bending over so many times, so recruit as many caddies and support personnel as possible to pick up your discs.

Go for it!

I would submit that if other people pick up your disc for you, you're not really playing.

Don't know if DL and Dann had people picking up discs for them.

I would submit that if other people pick up your disc for you, you're not really playing.

Don't know if DL and Dann had people picking up discs for them.
So are those who use caddies at the USDGC and PDGA Worlds not really playing? If I ever do this I'll definitely have caddies (at least 6 would be ideal-- to take shifts.)

Rodney, your knee gave out when you tried it. My back would give out.

I've caddied at USDGC, and not once did I pick up a disc for a competitor. I would guess the same is probably true for most caddies.

Regardless, it's irrelevant, as they are two different things. Tournament golf is tournament golf, played within a set of rules.

Most Holes In 24 Hours doesn't have defined rules. But if DL and Dann picked up their own discs (which I don't know!), and then you play 850 holes but don't pick up your own, then your "record" is disputable. In my opinion. A step more disputable is the guy on the World Record Attempt thread, who suggested you not even get your own disc after a made shot -- you just head to the next tee. If you define "playing" as throwing only, then fine. For a record like this, I would define "playing" as doing everything. Thus my comment.