• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most HSS Wide Rim Driver?

Yeah, I had a first run Z Flick and it was suprisingly not near as OS (for my arm) as the newer, flat as can be Z Flick I had. I just traded both away.

Spirits are around speed 10-11 if that helps.

I think the Force is about as good as it gets right now. It's probably a matter of finding the right run. You may want to ask over at DGR to see what some of the big arms over there prefer. They have a few, more vocal, big arm throwers over there. IIRC there are a couple of threads on the Force that might help, too.

As others have said, I think XCals and Z-Forces are what most pros use for that spot. Also as others have said the C-PD2 will probably work. They claim its like a more stable excal.

Aside from that, I don't know that there are any max speed drivers that fit the bill. Most pros are using slower drivers to fill that extreme windfighting role (i.e. firebirds, predators, XXX). Anyone with experience with the Halo know if it fits the bill?

Not sure about the Opto Halos, but the GL's are pretty crappy wind fighters. I have one in my bag for testing now and I threw it in a moderate headwind only to have it almost turn into a roller.

What about older CFR Xcals? I remember those things being super beefy.

I second the Spirit, it is stupid stable and faster than a firechicken, and it "feels" like it would be faster than an XCal, although I don't even really have the form to be throwing my Destroyers, so I certainly can't base my opinion on experience.:eek:

Yeah he definitely has 500' power, if any1 was questioning that. Ross i just picked up some champ Maxs if you are interested. One 175 and one 171. Also i have that star max that has a little flip to it but it always fades back.

My drives (RHBH) with these types of mold average in the +400' range and max out at 500', but tend to flip over in strong headwinds.

Currently using a Max for fierce winds, but is hard to get out past 400'.

Is the disc really the problem? Maybe it's the ferocious headwind that is knocking 100 feet off of your distance. If it's strong enough to flip a Max, you aren't going to be throwing anything 500 feet.

Is the disc really the problem? Maybe it's the ferocious headwind that is knocking 100 feet off of your distance. If it's strong enough to flip a Max, you aren't going to be throwing anything 500 feet.

This is what I'm thinking. If you're throwing into a wind that is flipping stable Forces or Xcals, then you should be happy with 400ft of distance. 500 feet into a headwind is outrageous if you ask me. Throw the Max 400 feet and be happy with it, because 90% or more of the competition will be throwing 350 feet or less. I cannot think of many holes where throwing farther than 400 feet into a really stiff headwind is going to be more beneficial than throwing just shy of it.

If you are looking for a disc to try it with, try some of the stable CFR Xcals, Champ PD2s, or Westside's King if you can get your hands on any of them.

^ Yeah, tried the Blitz. It felt good in my hand but always seemed to squirrel it's way out of my grip too soon.

I'll give your' Nuke+ a toss next time I see you. I think I see a King in my future though.

^ I have a Z Force on the way I'll be trying soon.

Destroy is in the bag, but it's not High Speed Stable in head winds.

Latest posts