• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most lost disc molds

firebirds

In 2 years I've lost 4 champion firebirds. I've also cracked/shattered 3: 2 ce fl's and 1 f. They adorn my walls now. I know I lost one more ce f at the grange back in 04. Over the years I've lost a few champ glo rocs, a champ teebird or three 4 ce omegas, 1 sirius, and probably 3-4 champ or star wraiths(chattooga belle hole 12 got most), and various other discs which were never really impressed upon my memory.

Looks like firebird F mold and 2ring omegas are tied. I don't plan on losing another 2ring (new omegas only got one) so in the long run, it looks like the firebird will win out. Including my wanton destruction of valuable plastic, firebirds are definately my most replaced.

Wraithsand Destroyers disappear the most. Unfortunately I don't find much plastic on the course.

Anybody ever had a disc get stolen from their yard bc I think that's where I lost my best Destroyer, Thunderbird, and TL.

There's no rhyme or reason to what I find. No mold stands out. Number it, I'll leave a voicemail. Don't respond? I pass it on.

Now that I've reflected a little bit; Buckhorn old number 9 ate several ce valks, 10 got dx rocs and I know 11 got some firebirds, so firebirds pull further away. Buckhorn 15 took my sirius omega. There's just a bit of water out there, and not necessarily to the lefty's benefit.

Either a 150g Champion Leopard, or a Z Flick. I throw them the most for drives. After that it would probably be some other distance driver, a Flash, Destroyer, Xcal...

Most of the mids or putters I've lost were due to my mental fogginess and they were left behind.

Champion Starfire and a Star Roadrunner are the only discs I have lost in the last few years. Left an XT Whale on the course last year, but that was my own brain fart for forgetting to pick it up.

I've found lots of discs, DX Valkries, Beasts, Leopards and Sharks topping the list though.

I don't really lose discs often - but I do find them nearly every round. So based on my findings in the past year the top 3 would have to be Destroyers (8), Valks (5) and Bosses (3). And yes I go way out of my way to try to return any that have names or numbers.

My friends and I tend to find a lot of Wraiths and Destroyers. As far as discs I tend to lose; it's usually the understable stuff like the Meteor (previously) and the now I've been putting the Heat (it has replaced my Meteors) in pretty sketchy places.

I dive (AND CALL THE NUMBERS) and the most common discs are DX Wraiths and Valkyries, Katanas of all kinds, and a lot of the standard assortment from the Innova display at the Dick's Sporting Goods shops in the area.

I've probably found as many Kings as all other molds combined.

Personally, I lost quite a few Renegades until I got the message and dropped them. :D

Me and my friends have found a lot of DX Leopards. I'd say in general high speed drivers are what I find most. Finding a slow discs is super rare.

Champ Katanas. Not surprising as it's my main distance driver. Oddly I've most often lost them by not marking my disc when it lands in a bush. I'll stick a foot in, throw, and then forget to pick it up.

Understable drivers. Personally, I have lost a about 4 Leopards in 3 years. Anhyzers are difficult shots to begin with, so when you add distance and woods the result is a disc turning too much and sailing into some PacNW thorny mess.

That's me, owing to a particular water hazard that accounts for almost all of my lost discs. Mostly sidewinders and monarchs. Another hole on the same water hazard has swallowed it's share of wraiths, but I usually recover them.

As for what others are losing in that water, and I find, the variety is astounding. Though I suspect destroyers are disproportionately sunk there.

Crystal buzzzes

I'd love to find some of these without ink!

For me, I typically find speed 12-13 drivers: destroyers, katanas, nukes, bosses, along with daedaluses, and a teedevil

I recently "re-lost" some of these while visiting a water-heavy course. Throwing other ppl's high speed drivers wasn't great for my score, but at least I didn't lose plastic I'm more fond of.

I had to stop throwing Terns because it felt like I was losing them every third shot.

We loose Banshees - Good ones!

3 Banshees - 2 KC Pro & 1 Glow Champ
3 Star Destroyers - Water - 2 On opposite ends of the pond at Idlewild (2 & E) & one at Phil Moore
1 Teerex - lost in treetops
2 Star Maxs - Water & Brush
1 Star Cro - left during doubles
-------------------------------------
My Son
2 KC Banshees - Water and Brush
1 Firebird - left in fairway
1 Teerex - Water
1 King - Treetops
1 Trilogy Mid(?) - Water
1 Riot - Water
1 Freedom - Brush
I'm sure I forgot a couple!

I also tend to lose max D drivers: bosses and more recently wraiths. (I don't throw destro's but I'm sure I could lose those too!)

It makes sense to me that these high-speed discs are the most frequently lost. They come out of the bag for the longest throws, which might mean trying to carry over water or some other disc loss zone. They also have the capability to go the most wildly off target (as advocates of discing down will tell you).
^this all day. Factor in that for blind shots, the farther a disc travels after it leaves your field of vision, the harder it is to figure out where to look. Plus high speed drivers tend to have bigger skips, so even if you have a decent idea where it touched down, it might still be a good distance away.

For me its Pro Bosses, but that's by choice. I throw them on riskier shots (instead of my Lace) specifically because they're cheaper/easier to find and replace. I typically trade for used Pro Bosses, or pick them up on the cheap at PIAS or someone selling plastic at a local course, but I never pay retail for them.

Last edited:
pd2's.

before that it was the PD.

i don't know why, but i've never lost any other discs nearly as often as those two, and i've thrown destroyers for a while as well as the orion lf which are similar speeds.

Latest posts