• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most new courses you have played in one day?

Idlewild long tees to long baskets plus Mt. Airy in a day should count as more than just 2. I hurt for days after that trip.
3 locals though (with some Cincy friends who came up) in a day.... Gordon Holton, Players Club (Alum Creek) and Twilight Zone.

Man, when I'm on a discing trip, I want to play all I can get to. A few years ago in Minnesota on their hottest summer in memory, I played.

Monday Day 1- 40 holes
Drop wife off at airport

Red Oak Park (10)
Brockway Park (9)
Almagnet Lake (12)
Moir park (9)

Tuesday Day 2 - 72 holes

Hyland Ski and Snowboard Area (18)
Rosland Park (9)
Bryant Lake (18)
Staring Lake (9)
Lions Park I (18)

Wednesday Day 3 - 90 holes

Chaska Middle School (9)
Crown College (18)
Baylor Park (18)
Oakleaf Park (9)
Rainbow Acres (18)
Lakedale Campground (9)
South Park (9)

Thursday Day 4 84 holes

Clearwater/Pleasent Lake (12)
Hidden Lake (18)
Millstream Park (18)
River's Edge Park (9)
St. Cloud Medical Ctr. (9)
Riverside Park (18)

Friday Day 5 85 holes

Mississippi Heights (4)
Calvary Hills Park (18)
Sportsman's Hill (18)
Becker City Park (18)
Par-West (9)
Lions Park II (9)
West Pulaski (9)

Saturday Day 6 81 holes

Twin Lakes Park (9)
Blue Ribbons Pines (27)
Family Of Christ (9)
Ham Lake (18)
Bunker Hills (18)

Sunday Day 7 60 holes

Elm Creek Park Reserve (18)
Orchard Trail (4)
Central Park (9)
Sunnyside Park (9)
Zachary Playfield (8)
Plymouth Creek (12)

Minnesota Twins game!

Monday Day 8 86 holes

Bassett Creek (12)
Wirth Par 3 (18)
Silverview (9)
Hansen Park Park (9)
Bethel University (9)
Union Gospel Church (9)
Lakewood Hills (20)

Tuesday Day 9 60 holes

Kaposia Park (24)
Oakwood Park (18)
The Valley (18)

Fly home after playing 50 courses in 9 days. EPIC trip in some miserable weather conditions. 100 degrees plus temperatures. High humidity! Thunderstorms! My disc bag was soaked with sweat and stunk so bad! I was using it as my carry-on and I was totally embarrassed by the smell so I stashed it in an overhead about 10 rows in front of my seat.

Better include my other best day as well.

Slept in my car in Kearney, NE.
1. Kearney Middle School, 9
2. Kearney High School, 9
3. Cotton Mill DGC, Kearney, NE, 18
4. Centennial Park, Kearney, NE, 9
5. Fort Kearney Rec Area, 9
6. Gibbon DGC, Gibbon, NE, 9
7. Refshauge Park, Aurora, NE, 9
8. York College DGC, York, NE, 9
9. Mincks Park, York, NE, 9
10. Plum Creek, Seward, NE, 18
11. Pawnee Park, Columbus, NE, 9
12. Camp Luther, Schuyler, NE, 9
13. Maskenthine Lake, Stanton, NE 9
14. TaHaZouka Park, Norfolk, NE, 19
15. Skyview Park, Norfolk, NE, 18
16. Woodland Park, Norfolk, NE, 18 (this is listed as 18 but is a joke. walked around for half hour throwing discs around looking for evidence of any course)
17. Wayne State College, Wayne, NE, 9
18. Crystal Cove Park, S Sioux City, NE, 18
19. Western IA Tech College, Sioux City, IA, 9
20. Pierson Ranch Rec Area, Yankton, SD, 9

208 holes on this day. You can take out 18 for the joke object course if you want and that leaves 180. Wasn't even aware that this was my biggest day until I typed this out.

Help me understand this. The driving time between these cities is 7.5 hours (not even counting the time between courses within the same town).

Even if you spent just three minutes on each hole (tough to do when you have to throw in navigation), that is 600 minutes of playing, or 10 hours. How do you get 17 hours of playing in during a day, even in the summer?

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=kearney,+ne&daddr=gibbon+ne+to:aurora+ne+to:york+ne+to:seward+ne+to:columbus+ne+to:Schuyler,+NE+to:stanton+ne+to:norfolk+ne+to:wayne+ne+to:South+Sioux+City,+NE+to:yankton+sd&hl=en&sll=41.58258,-97.745361&sspn=1.836597,3.911133&geocode=FcIFbQIdMiIY-ilz28ypv06ZhzGOmpxxEY1I3A%3BFTTJbQIdjbgb-ilpFIC7hUKZhzG4FgG5VzZtMQ%3BFaqVbwIdxZco-il5wb1itPGZhzE3bf2MTMyPtg%3BFUCWbwId6dwu-innEW8bUEWXhzF5yy3-K8rrSQ%3BFWY0cAIdA2U2-ilblc4aByiXhzFtLSu_dAzrZA%3BFRkteAId4mky-in7-DPZG-yQhzHhxrvMZKS9dw%3BFZdzeAIdivw2-imDsNaUaB6RhzF3I7FWEE1kGg%3BFUwcgAIdAns0-imVmvPB4EiQhzEnWWveU_c-Ow%3BFVNegQIdhZUx-inBGOfbyT-QhzE05vYPhslswA%3BFR9jhAIdIKA3-ikrqrEgxNORhzH1HV6tfl2eBA%3BFZ_6hwIdPN5A-ik3neVRVweOhzFNGrTj4uZkwA%3BFUUpjgId39Ux-ilRw2-uCKGPhzETxHG087Mx7g&mra=ls&t=m&z=7

Man, when I'm on a discing trip, I want to play all I can get to. A few years ago in Minnesota on their hottest summer in memory, I played.

Monday Day 1- 40 holes
Drop wife off at airport

Red Oak Park (10)
Brockway Park (9)
Almagnet Lake (12)
Moir park (9)

Tuesday Day 2 - 72 holes

Rosland Park (9)
Bryant Lake (18)
Staring Lake (9)
Lions Park I (18)

Chaska Middle School (9)
Crown College (18)
Baylor Park (18)
Oakleaf Park (9)
Rainbow Acres (18)
Lakedale Campground (9)
South Park (9)

Thursday Day 4 84 holes

Hidden Lake (18)
Millstream Park (18)
River's Edge Park (9)
Riverside Park (18)

Friday Day 5 85 holes

Mississippi Heights (4)
Calvary Hills Park (18)
Sportsman's Hill (18)
Becker City Park (18)
Par-West (9)
Lions Park II (9)
West Pulaski (9)

Saturday Day 6 81 holes

Twin Lakes Park (9)
Blue Ribbons Pines (27)
Family Of Christ (9)
Ham Lake (18)
Bunker Hills (18)

Sunday Day 7 60 holes

Orchard Trail (4)
Central Park (9)
Sunnyside Park (9)
Zachary Playfield (8)
Plymouth Creek (12)

Minnesota Twins game!

Monday Day 8 86 holes

Bassett Creek (12)
Wirth Par 3 (18)
Silverview (9)
Hansen Park Park (9)
Bethel University (9)
Union Gospel Church (9)
Lakewood Hills (20)

Tuesday Day 9 60 holes

Kaposia Park (24)
Oakwood Park (18)
The Valley (18)

Fly home after playing 50 courses in 9 days. EPIC trip in some miserable weather conditions. 100 degrees plus temperatures. High humidity! Thunderstorms! My disc bag was soaked with sweat and stunk so bad! I was using it as my carry-on and I was totally embarrassed by the smell so I stashed it in an overhead about 10 rows in front of my seat.

And you say you are old and slowing down . . . that my friend is an impressive list.

I fell just short of 100 in 31 days this past winter because of Winter Storm Nemo dropping 30"+ on the N.E. All I wanted was to hit triple digits!

It takes lots of planning beforehand. I had detailed directions to every course, every course map, anything that I thought would be helpful from any review, any food that I would eat, water that I would drink, my headlamp, etc ready to go.
I played Cotton Mill, the last of the Kearney courses, as the sun was rising so I had 4 courses done in the dark. If I knew that a course was going to be short and not too interesting, I would bring a mid and run the course. Believe me, there are 9 hole park courses that you can finish in less than 9 minutes. I take very calculated risks, if there is any chance that I could lose a disc or spend time looking for one then I simply throw very very safely. If you look at a majority of the courses that I played, they are small park courses that are lowly rated. They are easy to play quickly. Almost all of them are in Nebraska. The sun set on me in Wayne. I played with my glow discs and still spent time looking. Those holes are too tight and overgrown with bushy coniferous trees. Thankfully the back 9 at Crystal Cove was mowed and maintained. That could have been trouble in the dark. The tech school was all open and I had no problems there. I had planned to end my day in Sioux Falls, SD by staying at my sister in laws but it would have been late when I got there and she was working the next morning so I drove to Yankton instead. It was about 40 minutes to the rec area where I had to wake up the campground host so I could get a spot to park my car and sleep. But the rec area had a disc golf course so I played that one in the dark too before going to sleep around 11.

I went to Bowling Green one day and played Kerieakes, Lover's Lane, Ephram White, and Phil Moore for the first time each. So 4 courses, 72 holes

It takes lots of planning beforehand. I had detailed directions to every course, every course map, anything that I thought would be helpful from any review, any food that I would eat, water that I would drink, my headlamp, etc ready to go.
I played Cotton Mill, the last of the Kearney courses, as the sun was rising so I had 4 courses done in the dark. If I knew that a course was going to be short and not too interesting, I would bring a mid and run the course. Believe me, there are 9 hole park courses that you can finish in less than 9 minutes. I take very calculated risks, if there is any chance that I could lose a disc or spend time looking for one then I simply throw very very safely. If you look at a majority of the courses that I played, they are small park courses that are lowly rated. They are easy to play quickly. Almost all of them are in Nebraska. The sun set on me in Wayne. I played with my glow discs and still spent time looking. Those holes are too tight and overgrown with bushy coniferous trees. Thankfully the back 9 at Crystal Cove was mowed and maintained. That could have been trouble in the dark. The tech school was all open and I had no problems there. I had planned to end my day in Sioux Falls, SD by staying at my sister in laws but it would have been late when I got there and she was working the next morning so I drove to Yankton instead. It was about 40 minutes to the rec area where I had to wake up the campground host so I could get a spot to park my car and sleep. But the rec area had a disc golf course so I played that one in the dark too before going to sleep around 11.

Have you ever reviewed a course you played only in the dark??

I've done 12-13 in a day. All off the I-5 freeway in Oregon. From grants pass to Portland. I could of gotten more in but I told the wife I would stop at a certain time.

Believe me, there are 9 hole park courses that you can finish in less than 9 minutes. .

If you're running some of the courses and playing others in the dark, it makes more sense! I don't often run courses but have some friends who do regularly and often play through the same group 3 times on an 18-hole course.

I lived in Nebraska for 3 years and only played one of the courses you had there (Cottonmill).

Have you ever reviewed a course you played only in the dark??

Yes, is there anything that says that I shouldn't?

I don't know if there is anything that I would miss that should be included in a review if I play in the dark. I have a very powerful headlamp and make sure that nothing I play in the dark is going to be too memorable. That's why I played Cottonwood last in Kearney. I also take it a little easier on things like navigation if I think that darkness played a role in that.

If you guys played the courses that I played in the dark, you would understand.

If you're wondering how I had the energy to do this, I didn't. I was dragging by the time I got to Norfolk. I do run a lot including some marathons and longer stuff so I'm used to over-expending myself.

2 1/2

1 forgettable one along I44 in MO.

1/2 that really sucked near Springfield MO.

And Pleasant View in Russellville AR.

I played 7 on the I-35 North corridor in Minnesota one day on my way up to Highbridge Hills from the Cities:

1. Lochness Park - Blaine, MN
2. The Ponds of Linwood Course - Linwood Township, MN
3. Lent Township - Stacy, MN
4. Harder Park - North Branch, MN
5. Dennis Frandsen Park - Braham, MN
6. Voyageur Park - Pine City, MN
7. Mont Du Lac (Eagle's Peak) - Dulu'th, MN

I was GASSED by the end of it. Probably not a good idea to save the ski hill course for the end...

God, what a great day.

AWESOME BRO!!

I played one new course on one glorious day in 1999...120 holes worth...at DeLaveaga Park, Santa Cruz, CA. I think my arm might still be sore from that day. Would've played more if the sun hadn't set.

WOW I PLAYED 18 THERE WHILE ON VACATION. WHAT A COURSE!!! I COULDNT IMAGINE PLAYING 120 HOLES!!!! WOW!!! IM SUPRISED YOUR ARM HASNT FALLEN OFF!!!

Monday Day 1- 40 holes
Drop wife off at airport

Red Oak Park (10)
Brockway Park (9)
Almagnet Lake (12)
Moir park (9)

Tuesday Day 2 - 72 holes

Rosland Park (9)
Bryant Lake (18)
Staring Lake (9)
Lions Park I (18)

Chaska Middle School (9)
Crown College (18)
Baylor Park (18)
Oakleaf Park (9)
Rainbow Acres (18)
Lakedale Campground (9)
South Park (9)

Thursday Day 4 84 holes

Hidden Lake (18)
Millstream Park (18)
River's Edge Park (9)
Riverside Park (18)

Friday Day 5 85 holes

Mississippi Heights (4)
Calvary Hills Park (18)
Sportsman's Hill (18)
Becker City Park (18)
Par-West (9)
Lions Park II (9)
West Pulaski (9)

Saturday Day 6 81 holes

Twin Lakes Park (9)
Blue Ribbons Pines (27)
Family Of Christ (9)
Ham Lake (18)
Bunker Hills (18)

Sunday Day 7 60 holes

Orchard Trail (4)
Central Park (9)
Sunnyside Park (9)
Zachary Playfield (8)
Plymouth Creek (12)

Minnesota Twins game!

Monday Day 8 86 holes

Bassett Creek (12)
Wirth Par 3 (18)
Silverview (9)
Hansen Park Park (9)
Bethel University (9)
Union Gospel Church (9)
Lakewood Hills (20)

Tuesday Day 9 60 holes

Kaposia Park (24)
Oakwood Park (18)
The Valley (18)

I BELIEVE THIS TAKES THE CAKE!!! UNREAL MAN!!!!

658 holes in 10 days is solid, Ashleigh and I did a little over 700 in a half day more than that on a trip to the northeast and it was a blast. Nowhere near some of the single day totals posted though.

If we're going to do complete road trips then that is a different story... If you have the time then trips like that are easy. Way harder to play 20 courses in one day.

I did 4 this past weekend. I played the IDGC Ironman (Steady Ed, Warner, and Jackson) before lunch, went back to my hotel, did some homework for school, then played Riverview. Got the 2 at the Hippodrome the next day.

Latest posts