• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most new courses you have played in one day?

gmoney1984

I played 4 courses I've never played before yesterday. What's the most you have done and list the courses..

Mine were..

Rock Springs- Alton, IL
Gordon Moore- Alton, IL
Woodland- Collinsville, IL
SIU- Edwardsville- Edwardsville, IL

I think the time I played (9) 9 holers remains my most played . . . they were all short and 1-2.5 rated courses in Northern IL so nothing to write home about but I did play 81 new holes that day.

My most new holes ever played in a day is 120 I believe, also in Northern IL and mostly still not a lot to write home about.

I think the time I played (9) 9 holers remains my most played . . . they were all short and 1-2.5 rated courses in Northern IL so nothing to write home about but I did play 81 new holes that day.

My most new holes ever played in a day is 120 I believe, also in Northern IL and mostly still not a lot to write home about.

9 i still really impressive!

Eight? I think...thought it was nine but I'm drawing a blank:

Maryknoll
Molex
Avery
4 Lakes
Castaldo
O'Brien
Knoch Knolls
Volunteer

There's no way this title doesn't go to someone course bagging in Illinois! They should change the state's nickname to "Nine Hole Wonderland." :p

Most new courses I've played in a day was 4 when I visited Lemon Lake. Now that I think of it, while I have played 4 courses in a day on several ocaissions, I don't think I've ever played more than 4 courses in a day, whether new to me or previously played.

Don't think I'm likely to play more than 4 new courses in a day anytime soon (if at all). When I go on the road, I definitely "cherry pick." Given that I make a conscious choice to play the best in an area, chances are they're pretty challenging, and take some time to play (or at least to appreciate) so I'm not really able (or willing) to rush through them. Factor in drive time to/from and possibly between... I think four's about my practical limit given my self-imposed constraints.

Last edited:
The most for me was three, playing down the WV panhandle: Chester City Park, Tomlinson Run, and Beatty Park. Two 1's and a 3 so nothing too exciting, but it's always fun to experience a new course.

Trust me, if you know the Chicagoland niner layout you could easily bag 12 in a day if playing solo and hustling.

Agreed!

This was my first roadtrip outside of the Milwaukee area within 5 months of starting the game. . . it was the trip that festered into an undying need to play lots of courses whenever I have the chance. The day I played the 120 new holes was only a week or two after the (9) 9 holers and it was also in the same general area on the NW side of Chicago.

There's no way this title doesn't go to a Chicago area course bagger! :p

Most new courses I've played in a day was 4 when I visited Lemon Lake. Now that I think of it, while I have played 4 courses in a day on several ocaissions, I don't think I've ever played more than 4 courses in a day, whether new to me or previously played.

Don't think I'm likely to play more than 4 new courses in a day anytime soon (if at all). When I go on the road, I definitely "cherry pick." Given that I'm make a conscious choice to play the best in an area, chances are they're pretty challenging, and take some time to play (or at least to appreciate) so I'm not really able (or willing) to rush through them. Factor drive time to/from and possibly between... I think four's about my practical limit given my self-imposed constraints.

I'm about in the same boat as you but would like to change that with a trip to bowling green kentucky sometime soon!

I got three in one day when I was in SoCal a couple years ago. I can't imagine trying to do more than that.

Played 4 new ones Saturday - Lake D'Arbonne, Lazarre Highwater and Low Water, and Hideaway Park. Then Lake D'Arbonne again. It was the only course worth playing again.

three.

i have a four day planned in the near future. 3 18s and a 9. with two other new 9s along the same route. if i was playing alone i would definitely swing the six. but i think im going to have enough trouble convincing people to do all four.

i believe 6 is the most i've done in one day, but we did that two days in a row (12 courses in 2 days) while visiting the chicagoland area.

The most new ones I've played is 9. North GA/Chattanooga area, but I think 6 of them were 9 holers.

I also had one day with 8 courses on a trip to the Carolinas last year and several of them were 9 holers also. The ones that weren't 9 holers were pretty solid though. Hippodrome - hogback and old glory, Crooked Creek, and I ended the day at Stoney Hill. The Saul's let me camp on site and I think I was asleep by 7PM.

I am pretty sure 6 is my best. It was a very long and rewarding day. My buddy and I did 4 courses they day before and 5 more the day after.

Lincoln Ridge
Idlewild
Boone Woods
Gulley Park
Amelia (9 hole but we played two rounds)
Woodland Mound

Ashleigh and I got 13 new courses in a day, mostly 9 holers with a 6, a 12 and an 18. The most new 18+ hole courses in one day we've played is 7.

3 new courses 2 different times that I can think of in the past couple of years. I tend to only like to play 3 at most per day because I would like to enjoy the courses than rush threw them.

Rollin' Ridge, Grignon Park and Freitag - All in Wisconsin

Warwick Town Park, Wolfe Woods at Warwick Park in NY and Campgaw in Mahwah, NJ

Some high stamina fellers in here! :clap:
My most new courses bagged in one day was 5. Does that hold up OK for the over 50 crowd? :p

I had an epic solo road trip into the northwoods of WI. last year, played 7 total courses, 4 new ones, for a total of 122 holes, AND drove 350miles. Left my house at 4am and finished with a glo round at sandy close to midnight, exhausted but thrilled! This was day 1 of a 7 day trip, needless to say i played ALOT of golf that week

Played some of the best from Madison up to Lac Du Flambeau
1 Standing Rocks
2 Big Eau Pleine
3 Jack Lake
4 Black Bear
5 Almon Park
6 Treehaven
7 Sandy Point Resort