• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Overrated Mid-West Courses?

I've heard that the Michigan courses used for recent worlds were not all that great but I don't know which courses they were

Pains me to say this since its my favorite course in the universe, but Water Works in KC. I love that place to death, but couldn't really justify giving it more than a 4.

I've heard that the Michigan courses used for recent worlds were not all that great but I don't know which courses they were

for some "reason" the southeast courses, and even the KZoo courses, are used for the major tourneys...

West Michigan (Muskegon north to Traverse city), especially the Ludington area would be a phenomenal place to hold a major.

Pains me to say this since its my favorite course in the universe, but Water Works in KC. I love that place to death, but couldn't really justify giving it more than a 4.

holy smokes! when it's dry and mowed/trimmed up nice, Waterworks is the cream of the crop. even on a rough day it's always 5/5 to me.

I would have to say Bryant Lake is way overrated. I like Kaposia about 1000 times more and it's rated way lower than Bryant Lake, as well as a bunch of other courses. So I suppose I think Bryant Lake is overrated, Kaposia way underrated, as well as Blue Ribbon is underrated.

Dr. James A. Dillon Park just north of Indy is sooo overrated. When I played there it was rated a 4.09. It's down to a 3.68 now but is still overrated IMHO.

The locals seem to be rating it very highly because it's a really nice looking park in a very safe neighborhood, unlike a couple of the Indy courses. And that's definitely a good thing but the course itself is open and boring.

Historic North Hibbing DGC, in Hibbing, Minnesota was fairly overrated. The only real difficulty came because it's fairly long. No really challenging shots off the tee. Cycle through the photos of the teeboxes and you'll see what I mean.

I'd say it's fairly overrated because of the fact in plays on what were the grounds of a old mine and playing over ruins and old foundations were really fun. Not to mention the views of the active Hull Rust Mine were gorgeous.

As a disc golf experience it's a 4/5 however when strictly rating the course and forgetting about that other kind of "gimmicky" stuff it's a 3/5 at best.

Dr. James A. Dillon Park just north of Indy is sooo overrated. When I played there it was rated a 4.09. It's down to a 3.68 now but is still overrated IMHO.

The locals seem to be rating it very highly because it's a really nice looking park in a very safe neighborhood, unlike a couple of the Indy courses. And that's definitely a good thing but the course itself is open and boring.

So true, the back nine is awful, it's just wide open and flat, the front half is at least mediocre but not worth anywhere near a 4.

Parkside at the UW Kenosha campus is quite overrated in my book. It is rated at 3.79 by all and very surprisingly at 3.92 by "trusted" reviewers. While there are a few good holes there, it is pretty much a bland course. I graded it an 86 (a B grade) which equates to a 3.0 disc......not close to the level of a 4.0 which is basically what it is rated at.

So true, the back nine is awful, it's just wide open and flat, the front half is at least mediocre but not worth anywhere near a 4.

I gotta agree with you guys on this. It has nice signs, teepads, baskets, in a super nice neighborhood, and that's about it. Layout is nothing special. I need to edit my review on this course:doh:.

Parkside at the UW Kenosha campus is quite overrated in my book. It is rated at 3.79 by all and very surprisingly at 3.92 by "trusted" reviewers. While there are a few good holes there, it is pretty much a bland course. I graded it an 86 (a B grade) which equates to a 3.0 disc......not close to the level of a 4.0 which is basically what it is rated at.

I have that one a little higher than you do at 3.5, but it's a borderline one between 3 and 3.5 for me, definitely not a 4.

I read 1 of the reviews that said he waited to join a group of locals. He told them that he was from out of town and they said that he made a wise decision picking this course. He then says that during the round they were littering and he didn't say anything but was trying to pick up after them unnoticed. That's some real course pride.:wall:

...and that's why most don't approve of your ratings. ;)

..Parkside (original) is without a doubt a super strong 3.5 to a soft 4.0

R U Kiddin'

Are you on crack? :confused: You should be banished to forever play the courses of Chicago land for calling Water Works overrated! You could take 20 of our best courses, combine the best aspects from all those courses together, and you would still not have a dg course that compared to Water Works. You are a bit spoiled living in such a cool dg area as KC. REPENT!!

I have that one a little higher than you do at 3.5, but it's a borderline one between 3 and 3.5 for me, definitely not a 4.

Actually, at 86 it is right next to..........87 (you're a math teacher right? :D). And an 87 is a 3.5. So, we have it rated exactly the same.

By this logic, tomjulio thinks you should have scads of :thmbdown:'s. But hey, soon more people will be loving me than hating me at the rate things are going. :D

gotta grade on a curve dave... how else will the lil courses ever get rated over a 2

Latest posts