• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] most overstable buzzz plastic?

Isn't a Drone an overstable Wasp?

not exactly, as far as i know.

A Wasp is a Buzzz with a bead on it.

A Drone is a Buzzz with a wider and much more concave rim, and with no bead.

A Drone is an overstable Buzzz in the sense that a Meteor is an understable Buzzz. They're both mids-but beyond that they're unrelated.

Of the 5 Buzzzes that I own my FLX is the most overstable, and the CryZtal is the least. I'm not sure what exactly the CryZtal weighs (the sticker said 172-178), but I know it's lighter than my 177 FLX, but it's less overstable than my 173 Z. I don't know how exactly this figures into things, but this has been my experience.

Also, the FLX is the domiest one I have. The rest are all fairly flat.

not exactly, as far as i know.

A Wasp is a Buzzz with a bead on it.

A Drone is a Buzzz with a wider and much more concave rim, and with no bead.

A Drone is an overstable Buzzz in the sense that a Meteor is an understable Buzzz. They're both mids-but beyond that they're unrelated.

The Drone is a modified MRX

In my experience with the Buzz, my max weight Glo-Z is the most stable, followed closely by my flat-top 177g Z-Buzz. My 176g ESP was the straightest of them all, and was also the shortest off the tee.

My favorite Buzzzz are the Glo-Z and regular Z.

Ive heard that some Buzzz plastics are under-stable. My Z Buzzz is very over-stable. It always hyzer hooks hard to my left but I know exactly what it will do so I trust it and like it a lot. Im RHBH by the way.

I would go with the Glow Z-Buzzz although the FLX may be a little more stable. This is mainly because I live in TX and don't like the feel of flex although I like the FLX Drone because of its flight characteristics when used along with the Z Drone.

what do you use the drone for and why FLX v. Z in a given scenario?

I went to pias today and looked at the Z-buzzz's they had. they had two different glow buzzz's. One was a 177 glow buzzz with an ordinary stamp on it. It was pretty flat on top, and the lip was concave. The other was a Glow 176 buzzz with a am nats stamp on it. The lip on this one is less concave. It was pretty flat on top. Does any one have either of these and does the concave lip on the bottom/flat lip make a huge difference in stability?

the stamp on the reg glow had a moon on it I think. I think it was a pretty standard stamp for the glow buzzz, if this helps any one narrow it down.

what do you use the drone for and why FLX v. Z in a given scenario?

Long and short Midrange hyzers.............as short as 22ft sometimes and as long as 340ft.

I use the Z more often and for pretty much all hyzers and the FLX is used for "lawndart" shots that need to stay close to the basket once they hit the ground.

I love the BuZzz. I throw them all the time. I own dozens of them. I have every plastic, I have 2nd first runs, I have limited one time only plastics. If a more stable buZzz is what you want...

...you need a Core. In Opto plastic.

\/\/

Long and short Midrange hyzers.............as short as 22ft sometimes and as long as 340ft.

I use the Z more often and for pretty much all hyzers and the FLX is used for "lawndart" shots that need to stay close to the basket once they hit the ground.

ah, so the FLX doesn't skip so much? good to know. i've never used an FLX drone

There seems to be some inconsistency in this thread. I'm not as familiar with Discraft. Do they have issues with variance in different runs?

I've own a buzz in every plastic d, x, z, esp, and flx and by far the most overstable of these was the z plastic. I found that the flx was more overstable than the esp, but definately not more than the z plastic. Love the feel of the flx stuff though.

There seems to be some inconsistency in this thread. I'm not as familiar with Discraft. Do they have issues with variance in different runs?

The current Buzzz is different than the original (Modified Wasp and First Run) mold. Since then it has been pretty consistent. There will always be freaks, but generally Elite-Z is going to be the most stable out of the box, as well as holding onto that stability longer than the other plastics (including CryZtal Z). ESP and FLX will break in a lot faster than Elite-Z, even if you get a freak that is more stable than a typical Elite-Z out of the box. All of this is from experience with 177+ gram discs, so I guess people who throw lighter ones may see different results.

Latest posts