• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] most overstable buzzz plastic?

For my $$$ a heavy Z Buzzz is most stable.

That said, I too tried and dismissed the Wasp. I didn't like the feel either. But have you tried a Z Hornet? It just might be what you're looking for. I might be crazy but it feels more Buzzz like and has the predictable overstability I was looking for.

I've thrown Buzzzess for 18 months now and in a variety of plastics.

The most stable one has been an older flat Glow Z.

The next one is a strange one since it is the slightly domey Elite X. Not sure if this is a freak or if it just starts that way and beats in fast. I don't like the dome so I don't throw it much other than in field practice.

The next ones in line are heavy Big Z and Ti. I've especially grown to love the Big Z which is quite grippy after you beat it in a bit (first I thought it was slippery).

There could be variances and people rate them differently so this is just my take on things. Hope it helps. ;)

The most overstable Buzzz I've thrown is a Ti; I'm not sure if those are still be produced regularly though. I agree that the current runs of glo Buzzzes are not that OS. I've got one that's about the same as a Z. I've heard the Big Z are on the overstable side as well, but I haven't tried one, so I can't speak to that.

I threw the hornet when it came out and it was ok,it was a little fast from what i remember but had good stability,i think it might be too os for the "glo buzzz" spot im trying to fill. If discnation had more buzzzs i could try in the field out back,id prob find one that id like.

The ti's that i threw flew like my beat up buzzz and turned over too much.

Id hate to add another mold but if i cant find a decent buzzz at a decent price,ill probably have to. I know the 10th annys are good but im trying to find easy replacements

My 2nd 1st Run Z Buzzz is very flat, and the most overstable one I've thrown. If I lost it, I would probably stop throwing Buzzz's unless I could find a comparable one. I should probably be trying Ti's and glows as a replacement, just in case.

1.Glow
2.CryZtal
3.ESP
4.FLX ESP

Just from the ones I've thrown. X might start out comparable to glow or Z, but I don't think I'd suggest X as an overstable Buzzz ...

The most overstable I've thrown happened to be a super stiff 181 moss green Ti. I think high wing, stiff, heavy, and shiny must be the way to go for any disc when you want more extra overstability. But for a buzzz? Who cares, throw a wasp!

The most overstable I've thrown happened to be a super stiff 181 moss green Ti. I think high wing, stiff, heavy, and shiny must be the way to go for any disc when you want more extra overstability. But for a buzzz? Who cares, throw a wasp!

I have a Z buzzz and Z wasp and to be honest, as I've grown, the wasp is not what it used to be for me. I think it definitely fits that spot between buzzz and buzzz OS but I am actually thinking of dropping the wasp for the buzzz os and use my z buzzz whilst manipulating the flight angle to get that wasp flight.

Im not looking for the most os buzzz,im looking for a buzzz that fits right between my seasoned glo and the buzzz os, new buzzzs ive thrown dont seem to cut it. Im not throwing a wasp,thats why i asked in a buzzz thread .

As for ti,ive only thrown them when they came out and they were all less stable out of the box,i had purple/silver ones. I might try and test more out if dn ever got any decent stock in store.

If i could get my os to beat in,it might fill the spot but that might take a while and it might develop turn before losing lss.

its all about how flat it is !!!
heaviest FAF is the answer

there are now domey glows out there, so you can no longer just say glow

MAYBE DC will release the OS in ESP. Or maybe start beating in a 170 OS.

Too bad new glows aren't stable anymore or maybe you just got a dud. I've seen an older glow that turned out of the box but the others (5 or 6) that would take on any wind... maybe not Tejas winds.

When I was looking for a slightly more stable, felt like a buzzz compliment, I got a gl mace. They aren't as good into a heady at full power, its prolly just my OAT when throwing hard, where the Buzzz doesn't mind and just does its straight thing.

there are now domey glows out there, so you can no longer just say glow

boo, hisss

Last edited:
All my buzzzs are flat and ive got several glos that just dont fly like they used to. I was just thinking the other day that an esp os would be nice to beat in,i may try to find a light os and see if it has a different flight,otherwise...i may just have to add another mold :/

The usadgc flag stamp glo buzzz is good and board flat. I bought a few because I really like how they fly. They fly the same as the glo buzzz you could find a few years back. I always try to look for old tournament stamp glo buzzz as well. I've never had a dud

I've been wondering this myself, and noticed when feeling up some OSes that a few colors were concave like a good zone and some had a slight dome. Has anybody ran across an OS on the less over stable side? I grabbed a couple of concave blurples and expect them to be hogs.

I've been wondering this myself, and noticed when feeling up some OSes that a few colors were concave like a good zone and some had a slight dome. Has anybody ran across an OS on the less over stable side? I grabbed a couple of concave blurples and expect them to be hogs.
Reading through the B-OS thread, guys are saying that the domey ones are more OS than the puddle tops.

I don't have any personal experience with any OS other than flat.

I hope you find your answer because I have been dealing with a slew of not very overstable Z buzzzes right out of the box. I keep buying new ones and they all just fly like my seasoned ones.

I also picked up a Glo because I remember talk that they were the most overstable buzzzes, but the one I bought a few months ago is no more overstable than any production Z.

Well,i think the only way this can be fixed is if i go throw buzzzs in the field at my local retailer and just find out that way. With the glos seeming to be less stable lately,i cant just buy stock online unless i know its from a couple years ago. I dont really want to pay a premium on 10th annys nor do i want to add a diff mold. I guess another solution is to beat in a buzzz os or find a light one that could fill that role. An esp os would be perfect and i could carry two buzzzs and two os for all my mid slots.

Beat
Seasoned
Semi os
Os